Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-09-2011, 05:30 PM

23,416 posts, read 37,001,401 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by newonecoming2 View Post
A bit more they didn't restart the reactor after they changed the fuel so that it wouldn't be running if the worst happened. That was smart of them. Smart of you is to leave if they flood. This fall we will have dodged a bullet if things are still OK.
The reactor had been shut down for repairs, last fall, I believe.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-09-2011, 05:43 PM

2,514 posts, read 1,987,005 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kshe95girl View Post
The reactor had been shut down for repairs, last fall, I believe.
March for refueling is what I read if I remember correctly.

Old 07-14-2011, 09:08 AM

78,408 posts, read 60,593,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 73-79 ford fan View Post
Its sad to think about the large number of people that will die as a result of the still ongoing Fukushima catastrophe. I wonder what would happen if a EF5 tornado similar to the one that hit Joplin hit one of these plants?
You might want to take a look at how those plants are built relative to wood frame houses and walmarts.

Old 07-14-2011, 12:30 PM

9,101 posts, read 16,457,116 times
Eat your Sea Veggies and your anti-oxidants and don't eat any food that was grown in the part of the country ESPECIALLY DAIRY which is very conducive to radioactivity concentrating in it. Of course all of us to the east are going to be affected by the fallout in the Jet Stream.

Old 07-14-2011, 02:21 PM

78,408 posts, read 60,593,823 times
This thread is pretty funny.

A plant never at risk...a bunch of ill-conceived conspiracy muttering and now that the flood risk has abated we have a nother wave of vague grumbling about the SCARY NUCLEAR THREAT....from an inactive plant.

Old 07-14-2011, 02:28 PM

13,138 posts, read 22,815,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HC475 View Post
The government is telling us not to panic. All is under control, just like in Japan. But here are a few troubling inconsistencies. One, the Red Cross shelter next to the Fort Calhoun plant has been closed. They claim it was due to “decreased need.†During a flood? Now there is a no-fly zone around the plant. Then there is the disturbing news that the spent fuel rod pool was so full that they store the surplus fuel rods in a dry storage area outside the safety of the pool. How long will that area stay dry and what happens if it gets wet? One reporter claims the dry storage bunker is now half-submerged. One of the intake structures is prone to flooding that could affect the water pumps. Non-functional water pumps?... Does that sound familiar?

What The Fukushima Is Going On In Omaha?

» What The Fukushima Is Going On In Omaha? Alex Jones' Infowars: There's a war on for your mind!
Are they blocking access to the area? Moving people out? Are officials wearing radiation suits around the area?

I see no obvious signs of a cover up or reason to panic.

Old 07-14-2011, 03:12 PM

1,081 posts, read 916,078 times
Do I have to wear a tin foil hat to post in this thread?

Old 07-14-2011, 03:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GradyBaaBaa View Post
You should have suited up as soon as you saw the title.
Attached Thumbnails
What Is Going On In Omaha?... Red Cross Shelter closed during a flood...-tin-foil-man.jpg  

Old 07-14-2011, 03:32 PM

5,346 posts, read 4,047,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chango View Post
Are they blocking access to the area? Moving people out? Are officials wearing radiation suits around the area?

I see no obvious signs of a cover up or reason to panic.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GradyBaaBaa View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by kshe95girl View Post
You should have suited up as soon as you saw the title.
Tell you what... Why don't you take a stroll with Ann Coulter down by Fort Calhoun... I doubt you would...

Old 07-14-2011, 03:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HC475 View Post
Tell you what... Why don't you take a stroll with Ann Coulter down by Fort Calhoun... I doubt you would...
If I still lived in the Midwest, I would, as there is nothing going on there to fear.
I might accidentally push Ann in the river, though.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies