U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 06-29-2011, 01:28 PM
 
4,911 posts, read 3,104,882 times
Reputation: 1254

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Roma View Post
Most disabled children are on Medicaide. What else have you got?
What the hell does that have to do with anything I said?
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 06-29-2011, 01:34 PM
 
18,556 posts, read 10,362,202 times
Reputation: 8376
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmmjv View Post
Ever hear the phrase "carrying it to the extreme?
so Kennedy's lowering tax rates, raised revenue.

thank you for playing.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-29-2011, 01:34 PM
 
4,911 posts, read 3,104,882 times
Reputation: 1254
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinm View Post
THAT IS WHAT THEY ARE SUPPOSED TO DO!!!! Insurance companies don't make money paying out money in claims. They are supposed to be protecting their shareholders. Why should they pay for a procedure that the policy holder is not entitled to?
So when the insurance company chooses the money over the child that's not only ok but in fact totally acceptable and you'd be crazy to think they should maybe be on the side of the children because it's really all about the money and getting the money I mean after all why the hell do you think they started the company in the first place and all that other rightwing con bull

One question, Why do you think people take jobs?

THEY TAKE THEM FOR THE MONEY!!!!!!!!

Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-29-2011, 01:36 PM
 
18,556 posts, read 10,362,202 times
Reputation: 8376
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmmjv View Post
What the hell does that have to do with anything I said?
well, lets see, you linked disabled children to private insurance.

Rick pionted out that most of them are not on private insurance.

thus invalidating your point....

I dont have a clue what hell has to do with any of this. I suspect however that hell is quite unplesant.

no animals were harmed in the creation of this post however spell was not checked.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-29-2011, 01:40 PM
 
18,556 posts, read 10,362,202 times
Reputation: 8376
Oh, please note, I am the father of a small child with a very serious health condition. His checkups alone cost in excess of $5000 dollars each trip. Now, He is not disabled so he is not on Medicare.

We have private health insurance. We have never once had an issue with our private healthcare company meeting their contractual obligations and I have never once been contacted by said healthcare company lawyers.

I have been contacted by the healthcare company medical support staff and have been offered very good ideas on things we can do to help us with our healthcare of our child. They have been outstanding.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-29-2011, 01:42 PM
 
4,911 posts, read 3,104,882 times
Reputation: 1254
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post
so Kennedy's lowering tax rates, raised revenue.

thank you for playing.
[b]I don't know what the hell you think I'm "playing" but it's certainly not your little game

Lowering taxes from 90% to 70% and jobs being created doesn't mean lowering them from 35% to whatever would also create jobs and even if it did then carrying it to the extreme we would have the corporations paying no taxes at all/B]
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-29-2011, 01:44 PM
 
4,911 posts, read 3,104,882 times
Reputation: 1254
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post
well, lets see, you linked disabled children to private insurance.

Rick pionted out that most of them are not on private insurance.

thus invalidating your point....

I dont have a clue what hell has to do with any of this. I suspect however that hell is quite unplesant.

no animals were harmed in the creation of this post however spell was not checked.
Most rich people have their own cars. So if a rich guy gets mugged on the subway do we dismiss that mugging because most rich people don't ride the subway?? Your logic is absurd
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-29-2011, 03:41 PM
 
7,105 posts, read 3,056,809 times
Reputation: 5961
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post
Lets clarify, our "hatred of union people" is centered around a few points.
1. Unions protest and things and people get broken.
2. Unions have gotten themselves in a state that the companies they work for can no longer afford the benefits being given.
3. Public unions are soaking up all the available tax dollars for everything to pay salaries and benefits that far exceed private sector work.

our "hatred" drives us to suggest that
1. union protesters stop breaking people and things.
2. Unions and companies come to some agreement that is workable for both workers and companies to co-exist and both provide good jobs and sustainable businesses that don’t go bankrupt.
3. Public Unions recognize that they need to do things like contribute 1.5% of their salaries to their own benefit packages. Especially seeing how the rest of us contribute vastly more than that and the Public Unions are paid for by our tax dollars.

What our “hatred” does not cause us to do is:
1. Hate any individual
2. Cause any person violent harm


This was not written for unreasonable liberals and union people. It was written for those who may read and who don’t fully understand what the hatred is that is coming from the right (people like me).
You need to understand that the word “hatred” that is used by the left and by unions is hyperbole meant to confuse the undecided and to ratchet up the emotional response in order to get support for things that simply will not be supported by the average American when one takes an unbiased and unemotional look at reality.

Thank you all for reading.
I was a union member and local officer for 37 years.never saw union members breaking anyone or thing.
Have you ever heard of CONTRACTS..that is what a union signs with the COMPANY..........its an AGREEMENT between BOTH parties.......

This was written for the people who don't fully understand the will to fight for basic rights for workers that the republicans and corporations wish to eradicate........
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-29-2011, 03:45 PM
 
16,546 posts, read 12,243,901 times
Reputation: 4234
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffdoorgunner View Post
I was a union member and local officer for 37 years.never saw union members breaking anyone or thing.
Have you ever heard of CONTRACTS..that is what a union signs with the COMPANY..........its an AGREEMENT between BOTH parties.......

This was written for the people who don't fully understand the will to fight for basic rights for workers that the republicans and corporations wish to eradicate........
Hey genius, I guess you're only for UNION contracts and UNION workers? What do you have to say about the CONTRACT that was broken with the bond holders of GM and the UNION members walked away with everything? I know, to hell with the non union people right? That's what I thought. Union members are the worst, they say they are FOR the working guy, but they really aren't. They are out for themselves and themselves only.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-29-2011, 03:47 PM
 
18,556 posts, read 10,362,202 times
Reputation: 8376
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffdoorgunner View Post
I was a union member and local officer for 37 years.never saw union members breaking anyone or thing.
Have you ever heard of CONTRACTS..that is what a union signs with the COMPANY..........its an AGREEMENT between BOTH parties.......

This was written for the people who don't fully understand the will to fight for basic rights for workers that the republicans and corporations wish to eradicate........
and you think i am going to trust you when you say the above?

ive got my own experience...which include my dad having a shotgun shoved in his stomach, loaded with buckshot by a union thug.

and having to check under the car for bombs every day because of union thugs.

You are right. contracts. and a lot of those contracts are up... and the union thugs are arm twisting to keep those old deals in place and it isnt working because they are unstainable.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Similar Threads

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2021, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top