Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-29-2011, 02:49 PM

20,454 posts, read 12,366,004 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmmjv View Post
[b]I don't know what the hell you think I'm "playing" but it's certainly not your little game

Lowering taxes from 90% to 70% and jobs being created doesn't mean lowering them from 35% to whatever would also create jobs and even if it did then carrying it to the extreme we would have the corporations paying no taxes at all/B]

there goes that hell again. I still suspect it is not a nice place....

somewhere in the early oughts the top rate was lowered from around 38%? to around 35%? something like that....

also the bottom rate went from 10% to zero and the 15% rate became 10%.

did we see a bump in revenue then? did that happen?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-30-2011, 01:19 AM

93 posts, read 73,743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffdoorgunner View Post
I was a union member and local officer for 37 years.never saw union members breaking anyone or thing.
Have you ever heard of CONTRACTS..that is what a union signs with the COMPANY..........its an AGREEMENT between BOTH parties.......

This was written for the people who don't fully understand the will to fight for basic rights for workers that the republicans and corporations wish to eradicate........
Some don't understand what a CONTRACT is. Like a treaty with the Indians, I guess, just a paper....

IBEW 30 years, and I don't know what the heck ferdie is talking about. Too many Godfather movies.... or is it the Untouchables from the 30's?

Old 06-30-2011, 01:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post
and you think i am going to trust you when you say the above?

ive got my own experience...which include my dad having a shotgun shoved in his stomach, loaded with buckshot by a union thug.

and having to check under the car for bombs every day because of union thugs.

You are right. contracts. and a lot of those contracts are up... and the union thugs are arm twisting to keep those old deals in place and it isnt working because they are unstainable.
No need to get angry, get into your own union if you think you got a bad deal. But don't bring up old unsubstantiated incidents that may or may not have happened.

Thugs are everywhere my friend, in all sorts of businesses, and very few need to carry shotguns.

Old 06-30-2011, 12:12 PM

20,454 posts, read 12,366,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SFPeak View Post
No need to get angry, get into your own union if you think you got a bad deal. But don't bring up old unsubstantiated incidents that may or may not have happened.

Thugs are everywhere my friend, in all sorts of businesses, and very few need to carry shotguns.
1. you just called me a liar. im not a liar. you howerver are a union rep.
2. I wouldnt join a union for any reason.and I didnt get a bad deal....except where my taxes are paying for bloated public sector union thugs to continue their thuggary.

Old 07-01-2011, 02:51 PM

7,473 posts, read 4,008,936 times
Quote:
2. I wouldnt join a union for any reason.and I didnt get a bad deal....except where my taxes are paying for bloated public sector union thugs to continue their thuggary.
You called me a liar...........you got some corner on the honesty market???

Old 07-03-2011, 07:00 PM

Quote:
I didn't say you were a liar ferdy. Thin skin much? I said you put up some unsubstantiated story. I still see nothing else...

I am also not a union rep. I used to belong to the Electrical Union. Before the builders decided immigrants did these jobs so much better.

You know the folks that actually had apprenticeship training, learning from Union journeymen building things that didn't fall apart, fry you in the shower, or leave you in the dark.... so that later we could pass along our trade to the next generation.... that would benefit from the better pay, healthcare, work conditions.... that we and those before us worked so hard to secure.

You know, when your houses and buildings were actually built by Americans and lasted for generations?

The too big to fail thugs are the suits that just took your money with the TARP bailout. It's just that the big corporate $$$ supported t-baggers have whipped you into such an anger at your own fellow Americans you don't realize it!

At least GM paid back their loan. And the UAW would like to thank you for that anyway!

Old 07-03-2011, 11:21 PM

3,490 posts, read 3,788,605 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by padcrasher View Post
Right wing thugs get all bent out of shape when a bus driver earns a salary that can support a family in the one of the USA's most expensive cities.

But watch them cry and moan if anybody dares suggest that the tax rates on the ultra rich get raised a few basis points to help pay down the deficit.

They worship corporations and the rich, and hate working class Americans. You see this over and over in their rhetoric.

Its ok if ceo's from Comcast or from Wall Street companies make millions but everone else should make $10.00 per hour. Republicans hate the middle class. They needed us to build their houses and skyscrapers, now that everyting is built, "too bad blue collar worker". If the republicans would just embrace the middle class instead of crapping on it they would win every election by a landslide.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies