Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-28-2011, 10:10 PM

2,526 posts, read 3,049,410 times

Advertisements

When it comes to either of these two women, there really isn't a need to engage in any in-depth criticism. The "give them enough rope...." adage is likely to be the best way of dealing with them. Narcissistic egos generally collapse from their own weight.

That said, I do think there is one big difference between Palin and Bachmann: I've really never been sure if Pailin believes the things she says, or if she's simply an opportunistic politician. I have no doubt, however, that Bachmann is a true believer--which makes her far more dangerous.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-28-2011, 10:11 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,253,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
Why do lefties immediatly go to personal attacks on the woman just like they did on Palin is the question that needs to be answered.
I really think I heard the answer to your question this evening when three women were talking about this very thing on the O'Reilly show. One of them suggested that if a woman could get the women of this nation to back her the election would be over for Obama. I know they fear both those women and that sounds like a very good answer to me. What would happen if women really got behind her? All the women and all those like me who just can't vote for Obama would sink him all the way down pretty quickly.

Old 06-28-2011, 10:12 PM

38,647 posts, read 26,363,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
Why do rightists defend the hypocrites seeking their party's nomination? See her letter to the Secretary of Agriculture applauding direct government action in the market place. Her claims of favoring less government are a load of crap. And then there's the farm subsidies..............................

Are you personally refusing the tax cut Obama extended last year?

Old 06-28-2011, 10:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lithium View Post
Palin dragged her kids into the public eye...
As left leaners always say. Link. Link. Link.

Old 06-28-2011, 10:17 PM

94 posts, read 48,943 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
I really think I heard the answer to your question this evening when three women were talking about this very thing on the O'Reilly show. One of them suggested that if a woman could get the women of this nation to back her the election would be over for Obama. I know they fear both those women and that sounds like a very good answer to me. What would happen if women really got behind her? All the women and all those like me who just can't vote for Obama would sink him all the way down pretty quickly.
She will not get most women to support her simply because she is a woman.

Old 06-28-2011, 10:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by db108108 View Post
It's because she IS stupid, OP. Jesus, how don't you guys see that?

PolitiFact | Michele Bachmann's file
I have always wondered about the rating system those people use. Count the ratings that have true in them, the false and the pants on fire ones and see which one there is more of.

Remember that when the word true appears there is some truth in the statement, but they don't rate anything as partly or barely false. It is funny when lefties use that place as a link since I consider them at least as far left as Newsmax is right.

Old 06-28-2011, 10:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vicket View Post
Hate ta tell ya, but the "main stream media" now includes a whole lot of right wing media, too.
OP is over-reacting.
As left leaners would say, Link please.

Old 06-28-2011, 10:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
Oh no! Not the lame stream media again!
Why are Democrats so afraid of the woman? There must be a good reason and I think I have already posted what it is.

Old 06-28-2011, 10:24 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,617,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fritos View Post
She will not get most women to support her simply because she is a woman.
Bingo. The women I know would NEVER vote for Bachmann or Palin. Now, if there happened to be an intelligent, educated (and I'm not talking multiple schools to get her degree, or studied at a defunct religious college) Republican who didn't try and shove religion down everyone's throats they would probably be more apt to vote Republican.

I want a woman as President, believe me...but I would be downright embarrassed if I had to explain to my future children that the very first woman President, which is a HUGE historical moment, was someone like Bachmann or Palin.

Old 06-28-2011, 10:25 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,617,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
As left leaners would say, Link please.
Don't those on the right brag constantly that Fox is at the top of the ratings?

That makes them mainstream.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies