Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-01-2011, 08:40 AM

17,400 posts, read 11,972,033 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
You'll note I put the word in quotes. Of course you guys want to get rid of it - for everyone except the Bachmanns and their ilk.
Get your facts straight. The Bachmanns are not the ones "using" it. They are the ones taking patients that use it.

You still haven't answered my fairly straightforward question - what should they have done instead of taking Medicaid? Turn them away? And please, don't answer "going to a charity".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-01-2011, 08:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wade52 View Post
What you're failing to grasp is Bachmann's elitist "It's OK for ME to grab taxpayer cash. Anyone not just like me should NOT be able to" attitude is inconsistent, let's say.
Wow, so now taking money for services rendered is grabbing taxpayer cash? I'm sure you feel the same way about public sector employees.

Old 07-01-2011, 09:39 AM

5,944 posts, read 5,582,900 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ringwise View Post
Wow, so now taking money for services rendered is grabbing taxpayer cash?
According to wingnuts like Bachmann and her followers, your statement would be accurate. Unless it's Bachmann or one of her followers taking those taxpayer dollars. Then it's a-ok.

Quote:
I'm sure you feel the same way about public sector employees.
Certainty in regards to complete ignorance is not a characteristic of rationality.

Old 07-01-2011, 09:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
So all Republicans and their spouses should just refuse any government handouts because they are Republican ?
Handouts?

That's the way Bachmann characterizes anyone else being paid for services.

Quote:
Then all Dems should distribute their wealth to the poor because they fight for "equality"..how's that one going ?
Going where?

Quote:
That's along the same lines as blaming the corporations for not paying taxes and hoarding money.
Corporations hire armies of lobbyists to get favorable clauses inserted into tax laws. And they employ armies of tax accountants to ensure they don't have to pay.

You and I make up for the taxes they squirm out of paying. But the executive staff gets a new jet and maybe a new company yacht they can keep on the corporate property in the Caymans. And they can claim that vacation house as their "corporate HQ" to avoid paying taxes.

"Amercian" corporations...

Quote:
Everyone is playing the game according to the rules.
The problem is that we have bad rules that no one wants to change.

Not everyone gets to write the rules that their wholly owned legislators vote into law.

Old 07-01-2011, 09:50 AM

Quote:
According to wingnuts like Bachmann and her followers, your statement would be accurate. Unless it's Bachmann or one of her followers taking those taxpayer dollars. Then it's a-ok.

Certainty in regards to complete ignorance is not a characteristic of rationality.
Nice...namecalling. We know that's all the Left's got at this point.

People that want fiscal responsibility are not criticizing the doctors and clinics that accept the money. They are criticizing the fraud, waste and abuse that the Dems refuse to discuss.

Old 07-01-2011, 09:52 AM

Quote:
Nice...namecalling. We know that's all the Left's got at this point.

People that want fiscal responsibility are not criticizing the doctors and clinics that accept the money. They are criticizing the fraud, waste and abuse that the Dems refuse to discuss.

How much of that Bachmann payment might be fraud, waste, and abuse?

I suspect Bachmann would claim none of it was. Only money paid to someone not just like her and her hub would be fraud, waste, and abuse. And of course, the even larger payments made to her in farm subsidies aren't wasteful.

Old 07-01-2011, 09:59 AM

Quote:
How much of that Bachmann payment might be fraud, waste, and abuse?

I suspect Bachmann would claim none of it was. Only money paid to someone not just like her and her hub would be fraud, waste, and abuse. And of course, the even larger payments made to her in farm subsidies aren't wasteful.
Baseless accusations. But that's how Libs roll. Do you have proof?

Old 07-01-2011, 10:03 AM

3,718 posts, read 5,695,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankie117 View Post
Wow, talk about a misleading title.
Not really...

Old 07-01-2011, 10:14 AM

Quote:
Baseless accusations. But that's how Libs roll. Do you have proof?
It's been in the news for months.

Here's a Reader's Digest version.

YouTube - ‪Michele Bachmann's Hypocrisy Plus‬‏

Old 07-01-2011, 10:27 AM

37,949 posts, read 17,859,151 times
They HAVE to take the medicaid, medicare patients or they'd die.
Only government can save them!!! - pffft

Ron Paul - “I would treat them at a greatly reduced cost and even extend payments over a long period of time, but just so long as they didn’t try to pay me through these government programs,” he says. “I didn’t believe in Medicare or Medicaid, so how could I accept money from them?”

We cannot continue doing business as usual and turn a blind eye to what is happening. We get sucked dry of our money, do not receive close to its value in return yet we continue to return to the poisonous well.
If someone wants part the Federal government to run even a small part of their life, I shouldn't be forced to pay for it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies