Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-29-2011, 02:30 AM

996 posts, read 1,897,450 times

Advertisements

I'm ashamed of my birth city. I'm ashamed to even say I'm from there now. Why torture his kids, and wife like that? Where is the point of that?

What happened to REAL New Yorkers, you know the ones that united after 9/11, the Patriotic New Yorkers I grew up around.

NewYorkGuy YOU DO NOT REPRESENT NEW YORK! Agree with Glenn or not that is unacceptable behavior. Grow an effing heart...and a brain too.

I like Glenn Beck, clearly, but I would never do this to any leftist. It's disrespectful, disgusting and animalistic to spill a beverage on someones' spouse and harass their family.

You animals would prob. would've like to harm him physically as well I'm assuming.

This isn't my city. I want the real New York City to stand up.

Old 06-29-2011, 02:47 AM

4,919 posts, read 4,834,761 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYorkGuy View Post
The fact that you guys are so sensitive to the word "teabagger" is the reason why we continue to use it. We feed off your reactions.
One of the best definitions of "Troll" that I've seen lately

Old 06-29-2011, 02:51 AM

7,727 posts, read 12,622,010 times
Quote:
Conservatives often mistake "liberalism" as been open to all things. Well even the most liberal of liberals out there have something they just can't tolerate or that they just hate. For me, it's people like Glenn Beck and others who propagate right wing hate. I reserve my right to hate these hateful people. I applaud my fellow New Yorkers for showing Beck that he is not welcome in our great city. Maybe he should relocate to the dirty south. I'm sure he'll find more fans there.
Well, I don't care what your political stance is. You shouldn't keep hate in your heart towards anyone period. Overtime, hate manifest itself. Not to mention, you can't go to Heaven with such ignorant grudges held against people in your heart. Let it go.

Old 06-29-2011, 02:57 AM

1,604 posts, read 1,565,689 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlotteNCRepublican View Post
I'm ashamed of my birth city. I'm ashamed to even say I'm from there now. Why torture his kids, and wife like that? Where is the point of that?

What happened to REAL New Yorkers, you know the ones that united after 9/11, the Patriotic New Yorkers I grew up around.

NewYorkGuy YOU DO NOT REPRESENT NEW YORK! Agree with Glenn or not that is unacceptable behavior. Grow an effing heart...and a brain too.

I like Glenn Beck, clearly, but I would never do this to any leftist. It's disrespectful, disgusting and animalistic to spill a beverage on someones' spouse and harass their family.

You animals would prob. would've like to harm him physically as well I'm assuming.

Get over yourself. You are acting like he and his family got a full beat down in the park. It was a very crowded park and someone accidentally spilled some drinks on his wife. Glenn Beck is totally paranoid and delusional. He is using this incident to get attention and increase his faltering ratings. I can't believe you are allowing this madman to brainwash you like that.

Old 06-29-2011, 02:58 AM

9,879 posts, read 8,018,970 times
Quote:

All those times, at the beach or outdoor concerts, when someone spilled something on me, or tossed sand in my face while walking by - who knew - they were trying to kill or torture me

Animals, the whole lot

Seriously, being a New Yorker, I'd give your city a break. NY has come a long way from a woman getting stabbed to death, and hardly anyone calling the police e.g. Kitty Genovese. Think about it, really...

Beck is the one who should be ashamed of himself
for blowing this out of proportion for irrelevant, self serving attention.

Old 06-29-2011, 03:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by allenk893 View Post
Well, I don't care what your political stance is. You shouldn't keep hate in your heart towards anyone period. Overtime, hate manifest itself. Not to mention, you can't go to Heaven with such ignorant grudges held against people in your heart. Let it go.
On that I can agree. God bless you.

Old 06-29-2011, 03:04 AM

Polly, he didn't throw this out of proportion. If someone harassed my family like that they'd be walking away with a black eye...at best.

Families are off limits. I don't make fun of the Obama kids, I never called Chelsea Clinton ugly (I think shes hot actually). It's just not right.

Attack the person, not his family.

I like Glenn, but anger towards him is deserved because he's a public figure and he said so on his show that he deserves the anger, not his family.

Old 06-29-2011, 03:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pollyrobin View Post
All those times, at the beach or outdoor concerts, when someone spilled something on me, or tossed sand in my face while walking by - who knew - they were trying to kill or torture me

Animals, the whole lot

Seriously, being a New Yorker, I'd give your city a break. NY has come a long way from a woman getting stabbed to death, and hardly anyone calling the police e.g. Kitty Genovese. Think about it, really...

Beck is the one who should be ashamed of himself
for blowing this out of proportion for irrelevant, self serving attention.
Right on point. As anyone who lives in a crowded city knows, it's almost inevitable that things like this will happen. Beck is blowing this way out of proportion to bring attention to himself and his show.

Old 06-29-2011, 03:06 AM

Quote:
Get over yourself. You are acting like he and his family got a full beat down in the park. It was a very crowded park and someone accidentally spilled some drinks on his wife. Glenn Beck is totally paranoid and delusional. He is using this incident to get attention and increase his faltering ratings. I can't believe you are allowing this madman to brainwash you like that.
Fine, we both don't know what happened with the drink, but you honestly think his family deserved to see that crap?

You wouldn't agree if President Obama went on vacation in one of South Carolina's beautiful beaches and his kids get harrassed.

Old 06-29-2011, 03:06 AM

Quote:
Polly, he didn't throw this out of proportion. If someone harassed my family like that they'd be walking away with a black eye...at best.

Families are off limits. I don't make fun of the Obama kids, I never called Chelsea Clinton ugly (I think shes hot actually). It's just not right.

Attack the person, not his family.

I like Glenn, but anger towards him is deserved because he's a public figure and he said so on his show that he deserves the anger, not his family.
Are you conveniently forgetting all the attacks Beck made against the President's wife and kids? I don't forget.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies