Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-28-2011, 11:14 PM

1,604 posts, read 1,565,307 times

Advertisements

I always laugh when right wingers seem surprised that liberals can be as hateful as them. They seem to think they have a monopoly on hate and that they should be able to say or do anything to liberals or people that they disagree with it without the fear of a reprisal. Well sorry to break the news to you right wingers, but the world doesn't work that way.

If you live by hate, it's likely that you will receive hate in return. Case in point, Glenn Beck who said he was "harassed" by a group of New Yorkers while out with his family in a park. Well I can't see why he, or anyone else for that matter, would be surprised by this given the type of things he promotes on the public airwaves.

Conservatives often mistake "liberalism" as been open to all things. Well even the most liberal of liberals out there have something they just can't tolerate or that they just hate. For me, it's people like Glenn Beck and others who propagate right wing hate. I reserve my right to hate these hateful people. I applaud my fellow New Yorkers for showing Beck that he is not welcome in our great city. Maybe he should relocate to the dirty south. I'm sure he'll find more fans there.

Old 06-28-2011, 11:19 PM

9,848 posts, read 8,280,030 times
You really don't want anyone being violent toward anyone and especially with their children at risk unless you are a total tool.
Would you like to be sitting at a public park and have a group come along to practically lynch you because you had a different opinion from theirs?
That kind of behavior belongs behind bars, whether in a prison or a zoo.
Shame on you for approving of that. You should know better, I'm sure your mother didn't raise you to like that. (With all due respect to your mom and yourself) You are WAY off base here.

Old 06-28-2011, 11:22 PM

11,531 posts, read 10,288,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCCCB View Post
You really don't want anyone being violent toward anyone and especially with their children at risk unless you are a total tool.
There was violence committed towards Limbaugh, I mean Beck? Pray tell

<--grabs popcorn

Old 06-28-2011, 11:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYorkGuy View Post
If you live by hate, it's likely that you will receive hate in return.
Beck just informs people of some actual history and backgrounds of people that nobody really knew about.
He kind of gets too technical and in my case I turn him off because he bores me, but whether it be Obama or Beck, I don't want people hurt or outright attacked.

Jews weren't living by hate when the Nazis started to slaughter them, so that isn't so.

Old 06-28-2011, 11:23 PM

1,890 posts, read 2,653,495 times
So you in turn support random violence? Attacking a person in front of their children? And to laugh afterward?

All over a talk show?

Ouch.

Old 06-28-2011, 11:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savoir Faire View Post
There was violence committed towards Limbaugh, I mean Beck? Pray tell

<--grabs popcorn
Drinks kicked onto his wife, threats, lots of embarrasing things for NY, kind of like a UNION rally.

Old 06-28-2011, 11:25 PM

29,407 posts, read 22,000,960 times
Quote:
Would you like to be sitting at a public park and have a group come along to practically lynch you because you had a different opinion from theirs?
That kind of behavior belongs behind bars, whether in a prison or a zoo.
Shame on you for approving of that. You should know better, I'm sure your mother didn't raise you to like that. (With all due respect to your mom and yourself) You are WAY off base here.
Newyorker displays the exact attitude of the lefties. They love mobs. I guess it goes back to their love of the mafia run unions I don't know. If some were hassling somebody and their families I don't care what political slant they come from I'd be defending em. Lefties would just join in. Sickening is what it is. If they were alone in an elevator nobody would say a squeak. Nothing but cowards.

Old 06-28-2011, 11:25 PM

11,531 posts, read 10,288,429 times
Quote:
Drinks kicked onto his wife, threats, lots of embarrasing things for NY, kind of like a UNION rally.
A drink spilled on your picnic blanket and back = violence?

You right wingers are very thin skinned. NO wonder Beck cries all the time.

Old 06-28-2011, 11:28 PM

29,407 posts, read 22,000,960 times
I never heard any of the left wingers condemn all the death threats sarah palin received when they were searching through her emails either. Wonder why that is? Cowards.

Old 06-28-2011, 11:29 PM

1,604 posts, read 1,565,307 times
Quote:
Beck just informs people of some actual history and backgrounds of people that nobody really knew about.
He kind of gets too technical and in my case I turn him off because he bores me, but whether it be Obama or Beck, I don't want people hurt or outright attacked.

Jews weren't living by hate when the Nazis started to slaughter them, so that isn't so.
Maybe Beck could set an example by been less hateful on his shows. That would be a good start.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies