Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-29-2011, 11:18 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,495,743 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majin View Post
Yes they are. There is a republican president and the republicans control both houses.
LOL..I see what you did there
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-29-2011, 11:20 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,118,301 times
liberals provide non stop humor
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotair2 View Post
There must not be enough car traffic going through these little towns. That is where most of these little towns get their revenue...traffic tickets.
Maybe people arent speeding because they cant afford the tickets
Quote:
The republican vision for the US: Somalia.
link this to anything to substantiate the nonsensical claim
Quote:
Originally Posted by enemy country View Post
So this is what the tea party wants. Less gov.
Wrong, they want less federal government.. You dont know the difference between a small town, and the federal government?
Quote:
Yes they are. There is a republican president and the republicans control both houses.
I'd be embarassed if my party was in control as well..

Old 06-29-2011, 11:20 AM

31,767 posts, read 28,822,592 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Actually no. This is occurring because there is no revenue for these cities and they have shortfalls.
Since when has revenue been a concern? I thought it was always spending (at least the tea partiers say so).

Old 06-29-2011, 11:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EinsteinsGhost View Post
Since when has revenue been a concern? I thought it was always spending (at least the tea partiers say so).
Um, revenues were always a concern.. The Tea Partiers are concerned about spending MORE than revenues. Do you really need every posting explained to you?

Old 06-29-2011, 11:24 AM

12,436 posts, read 11,950,438 times
These small little towns are grossly inefficient. Unfortunately, some of them really need to give up the ghost.

Old 06-29-2011, 11:24 AM

31,767 posts, read 28,822,592 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Um, revenues were always a concern.. The Tea Partiers are concerned about spending MORE than revenues. Do you really need every posting explained to you?
Would you mind pointing me to your last post where you show a concern with revenue? We will use it to go further in this debate.

Old 06-29-2011, 11:25 AM

29,407 posts, read 22,009,955 times
Quote:
The article starts off with a small town in Texas but goes on to list other small towns across the US where the police dept has been furloughed or disbanded.

Residents of Alto, Texas, Brace for Crime Spike After City Furloughs Police Force - WSJ.com
City Council members sent the police home when they decided they couldn't afford them.
Half Moon Bay, Calif., is now patrolled by the San Mateo Sheriff's Office after city government earlier this month dissolved the local department to save more than $500,000 a year. Nazareth Borough, Pa., is negotiating a contract for public-safety services with a regional force. In Wenonah, N.J., voters will decide in November whether to eliminate its seven-officer force and have another municipality assume its policing."
Apparently the cops weren't doing their job if the crime rate went up in Alto last year compared to the year before. We don't have a local police force in many towns around here. Sheriff rolls through like they have for years. Fact is if your waiting on the cops to protect you then your out of luck. By the time they get there the crime is over. And Half Moon Bay. My brother in law lives there and most have so much money they don't know what to do with it all. If they wanted a police force they could pay for it ten times over. I guess they don't want it. He's on the city council there too.

Old 06-29-2011, 11:26 AM

39,874 posts, read 26,514,597 times
This needs to happen more in smaller communities. Why does a town of 1200 people need 5 cops, vehicles, office space, perhaps a jail? The citizens are already paying for the county sherrif. In many small towns, law enforcement is about revenue generation, not crime prevention.

Old 06-29-2011, 11:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EinsteinsGhost View Post
Would you mind pointing me to your last post where you show a concern with revenue? We will use it to go further in this debate.
As soon as you backup your claim, which was that Tea Partiers arent at all concerned about revenues.

I'll wait patiently.

btw, do you really need me to pinpoint the postings of mine dealing with revenues? Really? Thats sad

Old 06-29-2011, 11:30 AM

10,420 posts, read 10,830,847 times
Quote:
The article starts off with a small town in Texas but goes on to list other small towns across the US where the police dept has been furloughed or disbanded.

Residents of Alto, Texas, Brace for Crime Spike After City Furloughs Police Force - WSJ.com
City Council members sent the police home when they decided they couldn't afford them.
Half Moon Bay, Calif., is now patrolled by the San Mateo Sheriff's Office after city government earlier this month dissolved the local department to save more than $500,000 a year. Nazareth Borough, Pa., is negotiating a contract for public-safety services with a regional force. In Wenonah, N.J., voters will decide in November whether to eliminate its seven-officer force and have another municipality assume its policing."
However.....too big to fail.... banks, auto makers, etc. get billions and survive...courtesy of Fedzilla....who determines which will live or die.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies