Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-29-2011, 01:53 PM

22,768 posts, read 30,717,462 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calvinist View Post
And that has what to do with this argument exactly?
you asked why i thought having religious indoctrination is worse than having no education at all, and i answered your question.

there's a fine line between education and indoctrination, and i'm fearful that she is on the wrong side of that line.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-29-2011, 01:53 PM

38,647 posts, read 26,361,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhett_Butler View Post
Recalling, of course, that W. went to Yale, right?

Any question Bush could talk for hours about baseball with this person?

Bush went to Yale, but he isn't defined by it.

Maybe if our Rex Sox fan hated white people and blamed America for the world's problems, they would have something to talk about.

Old 06-29-2011, 01:54 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,175,777 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post

Bush went to Yale, but he isn't defined by it.
Yea...you got that sh*t right.

Old 06-29-2011, 01:56 PM

6,484 posts, read 6,613,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by le roi View Post
you asked why i thought having religious indoctrination is worse than having no education at all, and i answered your question.

there's a fine line between education and indoctrination, and i'm fearful that she is on the wrong side of that line.
And I responded with a question of whether or not you are aware that a University such as Oral Roberts actually has degree programs and classes that are not religious in nature?

Do you realize that?

Old 06-29-2011, 01:59 PM

25,231 posts, read 16,928,124 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
Ron Paul in 2012.
Thread premise debunked.
Is he a Republican?
Casper

Old 06-29-2011, 01:59 PM

22,768 posts, read 30,717,462 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calvinist View Post
And I responded with a question of whether or not you are aware that a University such as Oral Roberts actually has degree programs and classes that are not religious in nature?

Do you realize that?
yes, i am aware that they offer nonreligious degrees, and yes i realize you asked me this question.

i'm not scared off solely by the fact that she got her degree from Oral Roberts. I'm scared off because she looks like a religious nutcase, AND she got her degree from Oral Roberts.

Old 06-29-2011, 02:01 PM

800 posts, read 780,678 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
Palin came from the most humble of beginnings to become the governor of our largest state, but she did that by powerful being a leader.

Bachmann has a graduate degree and a very impressive resume beyond that. i give her bonus points for vision.

While I personally don't support Romney, how can anyone say he isn't intelligent?

Gingrich has a brilliant record of achievement and probably has better insight into the world of Washington than anyone else in the race.

Pawlenty doesn't blow my skirt up, but he also has had a measure of success.

Cain is clearly a brilliant businessman. He gets bonus points for speaking the truth.

Any of these people will destroy the pretender in a debate. All of them have track records which will leave no doubt in voter's minds that we have suffered from a lack of leadership in Washington for some time.

Palin: Has no foreign policy experience, gaffes make her a liability on a world stage, just because she got elected in a very unpopulated state doesen't make her a good leader. Don't really see her doing much for Alaska.

Bachman: You can't judge someones political aptitude by the number degrees they have. It's by experience and legislative accomplishments. Bachman and Palin are the GOP equivalents of Obama. And the whole Obama experiment is going terrible. However, Bachman is much better than Palin.

Romney: One of the best options. Still hoping Rick Perry might jump in the race. Shouldn't shy away from healthcare, if it was the best decision for his state, then you was doing his job as governor.

Gingrich: Too caught up in the political scene to win in current political climate. Very smart though.

Huntsman: Why no one talks about him is beyond me. Still need to know more. But great foreing policy credentials. The fact he served as an ambassador for Obama should not in any way discredit him. Though many in the idiot wing of our party will use that to disqualify him.

Cain: Not experienced in politics enough, But I respect him.

Pawlenty: Did nothing good for Minnesota and seems to pander to whatever will get him elected. Rick Perry is much better former/current gov.

And I strongly disagree about the debates. While Obama's policies are awful, he is a gifted public speaker and very intelligent. He would make mince meat out of Palin and Pawlenty. Bachman actually impressed me in the first debate, but I feel she would falter on the big stage.

For me right now its:

1. Romney
2. Huntsman
3. Rick Perry (Could shoot up if decides to run)

Huntsman is the darkhorse he could really blow away the field I think and if we aren't dumb enough to short side him for serving in the Obama admin.

Old 06-29-2011, 02:02 PM

3,335 posts, read 2,658,878 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Visvaldis View Post
So much talk from Republicans that Obama is an idiot.
Would Republicans rate the previous president as intelligent?
How about the candidates so far: Bachmann, Santorum, Romney?
Would Republicans like the intelligence of Palin?

The most important aspect to Republicans NOW...is to find a person of high integrity, strong moral values, 'down to earth' Heavenly values. Honesty and dignity!

Those qualities rank even higher than one's ntelligence.

Old 06-29-2011, 02:02 PM

38,647 posts, read 26,361,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Heeeheeeehe!! I love it when people say things that they don't believe. Hell, Bachman can't even handle Chris Wallace. Gingrich can't beat himself in a debate. Pawlenty is invisible. If Romney is so convincing as a debater, why couldn't he beat McCain, who is a pretty sorry debater. Not to mention that Romney is the biggest flip flopper in the history of the Republican Party. Cain is the only guy who sounds like he has enough sense to serve me a hot dog.

You're dreaming. Wake up.

Yes, but this isn't 2008 and BO has got some splainin' to do.

Oh, and if I were BO, I wouldn't bring up flip-flopping...if you know what I mean.

Old 06-29-2011, 02:03 PM

6,484 posts, read 6,613,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by le roi View Post
yes, i am aware that they offer nonreligious degrees, and yes i realize you asked me this question.

i'm not scared off solely by the fact that she got her degree from Oral Roberts. I'm scared off because she looks like a religious nutcase, AND she got her degree from Oral Roberts.
She "looks like a religious nutcase"?

But a guy named "Barack Hussein Obama" is a nice, intelligent, rational person?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies