Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-29-2011, 04:16 PM

355 posts, read 209,484 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by padcrasher View Post
Your link on the gallup poll comes from one of most liberal websites out there decrying the fact that half of Dems support the war. You are making my case.....liberals oppose the war.

And the majority of Dems in the House voted against Obama and his illegal war.

So the only person twisting facts around is you.
I know that FDL is a liberal site. However, they are not modern day progressive liberals. There are some anti-war liberals out there, but however their voice gets silenced by warmongering freaks.

I never hid from this fact. However, progressive liberals love to wage war while curtailing civil liberties. Heck, they will even torture people who blow the whistle on them.

Again, why do you lie? Why do you believe that the current administration is anti-war?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-29-2011, 04:18 PM

12,867 posts, read 14,912,825 times
here is more ugliness from our senators:

Senate committee votes to authorize limited U.S. role in Libya - latimes.com

The Senate Foreign Relations Committee passed a resolution Tuesday authorizing U.S. involvement in the NATO-led mission in Libya,

they authorize the war now evidently.

then they should go fight it!

again, why should any american keep funding these jerks? i am tired of being politically correct when they are spending this country into UTTER DISASTER, and most people are too naive to see it. russia spent itself into ruin with excessive military spending, and we are well on the road to a financial collapse.

don't think it can't happen here.

Last edited by floridasandy; 06-29-2011 at 04:43 PM..

Old 06-29-2011, 04:22 PM

13,186 posts, read 14,976,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by I Drink Water View Post
I know that FDL is a liberal site. However, they are not modern day progressive liberals. There are some anti-war liberals out there, but however their voice gets silenced by warmongering freaks.

I never hid from this fact. However, progressive liberals love to wage war while curtailing civil liberties. Heck, they will even torture people who blow the whistle on them.

Again, why do you lie? Why do you believe that the current administration is anti-war?
FDL and it's owner Jane Hampsher is the very definition of progressive liberal as your title states. "progressive liberal". She's likely the most famous female "progressive liberal" bloggers

And you can't read. Who said the current administration was anti war?

I've started numerous threads decrying Obama's warmongering and I'm a progressive liberal.

You just started a thread not knowing what you are talking about and now having to back track.

Old 06-29-2011, 04:24 PM

Quote:
FDL and it's owner Jane Hampsher is the very definition of progressive liberal as your title states. "progressive liberal". She's likely the most famous female "progressive liberal" bloggers

And you can't read. Who said the current administration was anti war?

I've started numerous threads decrying Obama's warmongering and I'm a progressive liberal.

You just started a thread not knowing what you are talking about and now having to back track.
So, I take it that you didn't vote for Obama and the current warmongers? I doubt this is true, but lets hear your voice.

You have done nothing but validate warmongering, not criticize it.

Old 06-29-2011, 04:24 PM

17,531 posts, read 24,695,782 times
Who was President when the US invaded Iraq?
Who was President when the US invaded Afghanistan?

All your """Progressives""" are doing is getting us out of a mess someone else started

Old 06-29-2011, 04:28 PM

Quote:
So, I take it that you didn't vote for Obama and the current warmongers? I doubt this is true, but lets hear your voice.

You have done nothing but validate warmongering, not criticize it.
No. I did vote for Obama but have started threads urging that liberals do not vote for him this time around....specifically pointing out his warmongering as part of the reason not to.

Principles above party....try it yourself one day.

Old 06-29-2011, 04:30 PM

Quote:
No. I did vote for Obama but have started threads urging that liberals do not vote for him this time around....specifically pointing out his warmongering as part of the reason not to.
So, you are one of the few progressive liberals that do not like warmongering. Do you want a cookie or something?

Quote:
Principles above party....try it yourself one day.
I am not loyal to any party. You are utterly confused. I am an anarchist liberal, a Goldwater conservative, an unterrified Jeffersonian Democrat. Take your pick.

I bet you voted straight Dem.

Old 06-29-2011, 04:33 PM

Quote:
So, you are one of the few progressive liberals that do not like warmongering. Do you want a cookie or something.

I am not loyal to any party. You are utterly confused.

Here you go lying again. Most liberals oppose Obama on the war.

You produced a poll of "Democrats" which liberals constitute less than 50% of.

You're confusing "Democrats" with "progressive liberals" in your title.

It's a mistake those unfamiliar with politics/government/civics often make.

Old 06-29-2011, 04:37 PM

Quote:
Here you go lying again. Most liberals oppose Obama on the war.

You produced a poll of "Democrats" which liberals constitute less than 50% of.

You're confusing "Democrats" with "progressive liberals" in your title.

It's a mistake those unfamiliar with politics/government/civics often make.
Most liberals voted for the warmonger who violated civil liberties and tortures people who blow the whistle on him. Even you admitted that you voted for this.

I am very familiar with "liberalism". In fact, I am a liberal, just not a modern day progressive liberal. Your confusion is running rampant.

Old 06-29-2011, 04:38 PM

50,370 posts, read 63,964,084 times
I just want to say that, I speak English, but I do not have a clue what the OP is saying. Firstly, the term Progressive Liberal is redundant.
In my world, a Progressive is someone who is an incremenatalist Liberal.
I need to just go back to the Food section where I can relate.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies