Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-29-2011, 08:01 PM

1,364 posts, read 2,920,802 times

Advertisements

http://www.tokeofthetown.com/War%20o...%20fixed-1.jpg
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-29-2011, 08:40 PM

11,446 posts, read 16,209,462 times
"The War on Drugs: America's biggest failure."
Yes, just another failure. But somebody is getting money from the fed to keep it going.
1. America is a failure, a rich and muscle bound failure.
2. Looking at the bigger picture; the human species is a failure. Thousands of years of absurd idiocy.

Old 06-29-2011, 10:39 PM

448 posts, read 534,853 times
It's the way our country is, just kick back and light a spliff. You'll feel better, trust me.

Old 06-30-2011, 07:21 AM

24,868 posts, read 24,434,297 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebelution View Post
It's the way our country is, just kick back and light a spliff. You'll feel better, trust me.
I'd rather not, I'd rather do it legally.

Old 06-30-2011, 07:31 AM

11,446 posts, read 16,209,462 times
In America marijuana is illegal, but no one, using reason, can exactly explain why.

Old 06-30-2011, 07:36 AM

13,714 posts, read 9,043,037 times
A bill was introduced June 23rd to allow each state to make their own laws concerning marijuana:

Bill to allow legalization of marijuana introduced in U.S. House | New Mexico Independent

"Reps. Jared Polis, D-CO, Barney Frank, D-MA, Steve Cohen, D-TN, John Conyers, D-MI, Barbara Lee, D-CA, and Ron Paul, R-TX introduced the Ending Federal Marijuana Prohibition Act of 2011 (HR 2306) as a salute to personal freedom, states’ rights and fiscal responsibility."

Old 06-30-2011, 08:34 AM

24,868 posts, read 24,434,297 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by legalsea View Post
A bill was introduced June 23rd to allow each state to make their own laws concerning marijuana:

Bill to allow legalization of marijuana introduced in U.S. House | New Mexico Independent

"Reps. Jared Polis, D-CO, Barney Frank, D-MA, Steve Cohen, D-TN, John Conyers, D-MI, Barbara Lee, D-CA, and Ron Paul, R-TX introduced the Ending Federal Marijuana Prohibition Act of 2011 (HR 2306) as a salute to personal freedom, states’ rights and fiscal responsibility."
I doubt it will pass, but I have already written my representatives and let them know that I expect them to vote for this.

Old 06-30-2011, 08:38 AM

13,714 posts, read 9,043,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post
I doubt it will pass, but I have already written my representatives and let them know that I expect them to vote for this.
Excellent! I believe I shall do likewise. If no one writes, they will think no one cares.

Old 06-30-2011, 08:59 AM

3,644 posts, read 6,314,045 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by geofra View Post
What's the proposal? Legalize drugs? Which drugs, all? Some drugs, such as marijuana? If only some drugs are legalized will a truce be declared on all other narcotics? What about designer drugs? Will they be illegal until proven safe and then legalized or will they be legal and be made illegal if proven unsafe?

It's a more complicated issue than people think.
Exactly. If your rationale for legalizing drugs is to eliminate the incentive for criminal activity then you have to legalize ALL drugs. As long as any drug remained illegal then the criminal activity would continue. The pro-druggies don't want anyone to think that far down the road though because they no there is no support for that position. They want to ese in to legalization one drug at a time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Drink Water View Post
It can be argued that meth is a direct consequence of the War on Drugs. Druggies would not have the incentive to create meth from household products if drugs were decriminalized.
It sounds to me like you are making a great argument in favor of the war on drug's success. If imported drugs were so easy to get one's hands on then no one would have to cook up homemade drugs. Obviously enforcement is having an effect on availability.

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Drink Water View Post
This War got its foothold with a paranoid, ignorant, racist fool---Nixon.
Nixon wasn't paranoid. They really were out to get him. Also, his record on civil rights was better than Kennedy's when they were both running for the presidency.

Old 06-30-2011, 11:07 AM

31,293 posts, read 20,788,469 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post
In reality most of the folks locked up for drug use and/or selling didn't have anything to steal to begin with.

What locking them up does steal is our tax dollars, to continue locking them up.

I don't know the stats, but lots of people did have families and assets when they got locked up for drugs.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies