Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-29-2011, 10:25 PM

19,567 posts, read 21,870,208 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hammertime33 View Post
Lots of restaurants now will tell you where everything they serve comes from.
Lots of restaurants will tell you whatever you want to hear...

Trust me,seen it at several different establishments.

As to factory farming,unless you want to pay a lot for your meat,or better yet,raise and slaughter it yourself(our plan) then you don't have much choice.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-29-2011, 10:35 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,481,831 times
Well folks, this is your typical FACTORY FARM.
This is not a "one off" either...these are how CAFO's are run.

And it's not just pigs either. Think about that next time you go to the meat aisle of your supermarket.

Old 06-29-2011, 10:36 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,481,831 times
Quote:
Lots of restaurants now will tell you where everything they serve comes from.
Don't buy that. Unless they raised and slaughtered it themselves they DO NOT know where it came from or how it was raised.

Old 06-29-2011, 10:37 PM

3,414 posts, read 7,144,027 times
Nature, red in tooth and claw. What we do to them is only outdone by what they do to each other.

Old 06-29-2011, 10:43 PM

448 posts, read 534,003 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ecovlke View Post
What have we humans become? There will be posters on here who will make excuses for this heinous, intolerable, and absolute torture. And for what? Profits?

It's time to make a change, people. Even food animals do not deserve to be tortured.

Iowa Select Farms Undercover Video: Mercy For Animals Footage Shows Inside One Of Nation's Largest Pork Producers (GRAPHIC)
They're going to be killed either way, who cares? Go cry with Ingrid Newkirk about it.

Old 06-29-2011, 10:50 PM

13,285 posts, read 15,304,138 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebelution View Post
They're going to be killed either way, who cares?
It would appear that some people do care

Quote:
Even food animals do not deserve to be tortured.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyGem View Post
I can't watch any pig torture videos.
It's sick.

Call PETA.
Quote:
I've always thought it somewhat funny (not good funny) that you can kick a cat, choose not to feed your dog, etc. and potentially be convicted as a felon, but you can do 100 times worse to countless pigs and chickens and cows without any worry whatsoever.
Quote:
I truly think we need to question our 'humanity'. This will continue until we demand it stop. I only eat chicken that has been raised cage free and without hormones. I'm a meat eater, but from this point forward, I will not buy anything that has been factory raised. From this point forward, I will not eat meat of any kind in a restaurant since I don't know where the meat came from or how it was raised.
Quote:
Originally Posted by maja View Post
Not a PETA fan. But, I watched a video about 15 years ago called, "Pity the Pig" and have not eaten pork since.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kshe95girl View Post
We will only eat ethically raised beef, pork and poultry, and only patronize restaurants that do the same.
There is just NO excuse for this type of behavior.
Quote:
Originally Posted by crbcrbrgv View Post
Technology has advanced so much, yet we continue to kill many of our animals for consumption like a Shochet would in the year 1500. Kind of shameful, if you ask me.

Old 06-29-2011, 10:59 PM

Is it 'torture' when an elk is disemboweled while still alive by the pack of wolves?

What about when a dog pack tears the face off a calf?(someone actually had this happen to one of their calves,stray dogs.)

What of the hawk ripping apart the squirrel while it tries to escape?

Or is that 'natural' and so okay?

Old 06-29-2011, 11:01 PM

11,531 posts, read 10,290,404 times
I thought this thread was the lamestream medias attack on Limbaugh or Beck's recent trip to NYC.

Old 06-29-2011, 11:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savoir Faire View Post
I thought this thread was the lamestream medias attack on Limbaugh or Beck's recent trip to NYC.
You have been missed on the Sarah Palin email thread....

Old 06-29-2011, 11:50 PM

3,282 posts, read 5,202,213 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oz in SC View Post
Is it 'torture' when an elk is disemboweled while still alive by the pack of wolves?

What about when a dog pack tears the face off a calf?(someone actually had this happen to one of their calves,stray dogs.)

What of the hawk ripping apart the squirrel while it tries to escape?

Or is that 'natural' and so okay?
By all means, you are free to shed all of your clothing, run into the woods and live your life according to the ethical standards of wolves and hawks. The rest of humanity tends to expect a higher standard from our higher reasoning, though not very consistently sadly.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies