Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-30-2011, 02:41 PM

5,391 posts, read 7,229,619 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
ok, now tell me how the fetus from a rape or from incest is any different than one from consensual(fun) sex!

Now!
Yes, I want to hear that as well. One is a precious life that deserves the public's protection, the other isn't? Still a balancing act of interests, isn't it, rather than a fundamental issue of "all life is sacred."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-30-2011, 02:43 PM

5,391 posts, read 7,229,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpsTN View Post
Shameful. Do you not care for people at all?

Charles Sands
Yes, I care for born people, and for potential people that have supportive prospective parents. Note: we call them prospective parents, not parents at this point.

Lots of things could potentially become a born human being, but don't. Do you mourn every ovum that isn't fertilized, do you cry for every sperm that doesn't make its destination?

Old 06-30-2011, 02:45 PM

1,067 posts, read 1,679,385 times
Quote:
ok, now tell me how the fetus from a rape or from incest is any different than one from consensual(fun) sex!

Now!

There is no difference and I still dont think the child shold be aborted.

But I would have more pity on someone who had an abortion because of these reasons and not just hey I didnt feel like using a condom.

Old 06-30-2011, 02:47 PM

4,500 posts, read 12,343,711 times
It's interesting to see that the OP prefers to take part in the hyperbole instead of addressing the posts that clearly answers the question he asked in his initial post. Makes one wonder what the motivation for the thread was.

19,567 posts, read 21,868,498 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Megadell View Post
Before and after Roe V Wade

Before and After Roe
Quote:
During the 1950s and 60s, each year an estimated 160 to 260 women died from illegal abortions, while thousands more were seriously injured
So...260 women died a year.

1,000,000+ legal abortions a year.

I can see where legalising abortion was VERY important.

1,168 posts, read 2,503,983 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheViking85 View Post
Well for starters, homicide laws regarding unborn babies vary greatly from state to state, and tend to be stricter in conservative states (in TX for instance, you can be convicted of double homicide even if the woman was not aware of the pregnancy).

One could argue then, that "Libs" as you prefer to address them as, are not as contradictory as you might think, as they're more likely to believe that someone should not be convicted of a double homicide, based on pregnancy.

If you are asking "libs" for personal opinions, I'd be more than happy to share mine.

I do not think "at will'" abortions should be allowed after the fetus is viable (week 25-26, generally), I think the last week one should allow "at will" abortions should be around the 20-24 week, preferably closer to 20 than 24.
With that amount of time, the one carrying the embryo/fetus should be able to make an informed decision, which is supported by the fact that most "at will" abortions happen in the first 9 weeks, 75% of all abortions happen within the first 10 weeks. Source

It is safe to say then, that after week 26, someone who is pregnant intends to give birth to the fetus.

If I were to support or agree with any fetal homicide laws, it would be ones that require viability of the "murdered" fetus before it's considered a victim, however, even then I'm unsure whether or not I think such a law is ethically sound.

I think a more reasoned approach would be to consider 3rd trimester pregnancies a factor in sentencing of the homicide of the pregnant woman. (ie: If a woman is visibly pregnant and the fetus is viable, the homicide of the woman will be considered more gruesome/receive a harsher sentencing)

With all that in mind, I think my views on fetal homicide and abortions fit together perfectly, and there's no contradiction of views.
I think this has been the best response thus far.

Everyone else just seems to be yelling at each other.

Old 06-30-2011, 03:00 PM

21,026 posts, read 22,147,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioChic View Post
You know what your right im sure there are thousands of people in the world who sit and think darn it I wish my mom would have gotten an abortion. But what about the MILLIONS upon MILLIONS of babies who dont get to sit and wonder that? What about the babies who werent given a chance?

And second YES I HATE THEM! THEY ARE BABY KILLERS! They should die along with their unborn CHILD. And when I say "available" I mean: if woman knew they didnt have the "choice" to kill their child then they would do more to prevent said child. Not oh well we dont need to use a condom because it wont feel the same and if I get pregnant I can go down to planned parenthood and kill my baby at minimal charge to me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioChic View Post
There is no difference and I still dont think the child shold be aborted.

But I would have more pity on someone who had an abortion because of these reasons and not just hey I didnt feel like using a condom.
(Bolding in red above, mine)

You sure are all over the place on who you want to die ....

YOU would have more pity???

W H O asked for your pity?

I'm sure your pity would help an 11 year old as she gives birth to her father/brother/neighbor guy/priests baby....and YOU would LOVE that!

NOPE, can't have it two ways , it's either legal abortion or NO abortions(if these Anti-Choicer people have their way)...NO abortions for ANY reason....and see above! They even want women to DIE if they have an abortion...THAT

is

how

much

they

value

LIFE!

It PROVES my point that Anti-Choicers do NOT care about any "baby" but are ONLY interested in punishing women for having a good time...that's ALL.

Old 06-30-2011, 03:10 PM

1,168 posts, read 2,503,983 times
Quote:

I'm sure your pity would help an 11 year old as she gives birth to her father/brother/neighbor guy/priests baby....and YOU would LOVE that!

NOPE, can't have it two ways , it's either legal abortion or NO abortions(if these Anti-Choicer people have their way)...NO abortions for ANY reason....and see above! They even want women to DIE if they have an abortion...THAT

is

how

much

they

value

LIFE!

It PROVES my point that Anti-Choicers do NOT care about any "baby" but are ONLY interested in punishing women for having a good time...that's ALL.
ease on up on the spacebar there sparky. Adding additional spaces, while it may make your post prettier, does not get your point across with more emphasis.

Old 06-30-2011, 03:11 PM

1,067 posts, read 1,679,385 times
Quote:

is

how

much

they

value

LIFE!

I value INNOCENT life. That baby didnt ask to be created. But it was. So who is its mother to make the choice to kill it? And if while she was killing this innocent she should die as well...well hey Karmas a mean b*tch and the mother only was dealt what she was given.

And you think getting an abortion is a "good time: you have more issues than just your over use of the space and enter button.

Old 06-30-2011, 03:15 PM

11,186 posts, read 6,506,034 times
Quote:
Here we go again, people who have no knowledge of human nature and how it hasn't changed for thousands of years

But they think if you say "if" and "should" enough times they will have their Utopia on earth...everything will be perfect! Lalalalala!!
Some of us give women more credit than you do. If having an abortion is often the difficult decision I keep reading it is and most women who have abortions would prefer to avoid pregnancy, in my LaLaLaLaLa land, women have the intellect and self-control to use bc reliably.

Perhaps I'm overestimating women, or maybe the decision to have an abortion is pretty simple after all.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies