U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-30-2011, 02:12 PM

12,201 posts, read 11,518,713 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpsTN View Post
I recently heard of a man going to prison for the death of a woman AND her "unborn child". Why is the death of an unborn child considered a death when someone other than the mother kills the baby but not if the mother kills the baby through abortion? The unborn child is either alive or it is not. It must be a great life for libs, where they can have contradictory views and not have them conflict!

Charles Sands
Good grief catch a clue. Life isn't fair!
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message

Old 06-30-2011, 02:13 PM

1,067 posts, read 1,516,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyGem View Post
You know.

It's not your life.

You don't have a right to say what someone does with their body.

She doesn't want to commit 9 months to give birth to the child.

She doesn't want the organism growing inside her body.

She wants it out. It's her body. Not yours. You didn't create that potential human, she did.

Are you reading what your writing?

So if its not your child you shouldnt care?

So should we not have child protective services? I mean hey we can do whatever we want if its MY child right?

19,556 posts, read 20,194,311 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Megadell View Post
What are you talking about? That is the case. When the Gov criminalizes something, the demand stays the same, just the supply. The source of the supply, the quality of it, and the risk involved with it.

People are gonna get pregnant, and then want out. You telling me otherwise? People are going to go to whoever will help them.
That was one of the arguments put forward at the time of Roe V. Wade.

It wasn't actually true....well not in any quantifiable numbers.

But it did help get Roe V. Wade made into 'law'.

8,321 posts, read 14,069,360 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioChic View Post
was the woman not aware that sex could result in pregnancy and all of these side effects?
Sex is not just for procreation. Otherwise there'd be no need for the female orgasm.

In the end, to answer the OP, if a woman chooses not to be pregnant, it means the death of the child. However, it is not murder nor is it illegal.

If somebody else kills the mother (and subsequently, the child), it is two deaths as well as homicide (whether on purpose or accidental).

Old 06-30-2011, 02:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Versatile View Post
Good grief catch a clue. Life isn't fair!

Wow

Old 06-30-2011, 02:16 PM

13,692 posts, read 16,542,516 times
Quote:
Are you reading what your writing?

So if its not your child you shouldnt care?

So should we not have child protective services? I mean hey we can do whatever we want if its MY child right?
You can't mandate that people use birth control either.

Who said anything about child protective services. Isn't that for BORN children?

The UNborn aren't here yet. They're not even completely formed human babies, it's not a child it has the POTENTIAL to become a child but it's not a child nor is it a baby.

baby = outside the body

fetus = inside the body

Old 06-30-2011, 02:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyGem View Post
You can't mandate that people use birth control either.

Who said anything about child protective services. Isn't that for BORN children?

The UNborn aren't here yet. They're not even completely formed human babies, it's not a child it has the POTENTIAL to become a child but it's not a child nor is it a baby.

baby = outside the body

fetus = inside the body

yeah you avoided the whole third trimester abortion which sometimes ends in a child being born ALIVE and then being let die huh? Yeah if I didnt have a good response I would do that too. ANd FYI a baby is fully "formed" around 23 weeks gestation.

Old 06-30-2011, 02:19 PM

13,692 posts, read 16,542,516 times
Quote:
yeah you avoided the whole third trimester abortion which sometimes ends in a child being born ALIVE and then being let die huh? Yeah if I didnt have a good response I would do that too. ANd FYI a baby is fully "formed" around 23 weeks gestation.
You skated around my question also.

Are you going to start an orphanage for all the unwanted born babies?

Are you going to adopt them all?

Are you going to press for our taxes to be raised to care for the millions born to mothers that didn't want them?

Let's build more jails for all the potential criminals.

Old 06-30-2011, 02:19 PM

1,167 posts, read 1,941,211 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rita Mordio View Post
Here's the thing. It's not just the whole caring for the child bit. It's the part where pregnancy in and of itself is something that we should not be having to force women to go through.

Let's take a look at the side effects of pregnancy:
Do you honestly think pregnancy, and the propagation of the human race is a bad thing? All the stuff you mentioned is why we should support Planned Parenthood and the like.

Old 06-30-2011, 02:21 PM

1,167 posts, read 1,941,211 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oz in SC View Post
That was one of the arguments put forward at the time of Roe V. Wade.

It wasn't actually true....well not in any quantifiable numbers.

But it did help get Roe V. Wade made into 'law'.
There is no country in the world where Abortion doesn't occur. None. It exist everywhere, legal or no. And in the places where it is illegal, it's not happening in a hospital.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies