Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-30-2011, 01:23 PM

8,323 posts, read 15,169,951 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megadell View Post
Do you honestly think pregnancy, and the propagation of the human race is a bad thing?
That was never implied or stated in any of my posts. Not sure where you're getting this from.

Quote:
All the stuff you mentioned is why we should support Planned Parenthood and the like.
Actually. All the stuff I mentioned is why we should support women having the choice to go through pregnancy or not.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

13,691 posts, read 18,454,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioChic View Post
I should care because its a human freaking life! your walking down the street and see a man shoot a baby in the head. Do you care? its not your child, were you gonna feed and take care of it??? you sound stupid.
Who's shooting babies in the head while I'm walking down the street?

Who cares for the millions unwanted?

Who pays for them?

Answer me.

19,567 posts, read 21,870,208 times
Quote:
There is no country in the world where Abortion doesn't occur. None. It exist everywhere, legal or no. And in the places where it is illegal, it's not happening in a hospital.
But to decide it is better that a 1,000,000 or so legal abortions happen(not so safely by the way) in order to stop some unknown number of unsafe illegal abortions from occurring is silly.

Old 06-30-2011, 01:26 PM

195 posts, read 186,456 times
Quote:
Do you honestly think pregnancy, and the propagation of the human race is a bad thing? All the stuff you mentioned is why we should support Planned Parenthood and the like.
Hell of a Straw Man Argument you have going there.... you know the whole focusing on "you should not force someone to be pregnant" to such a degree that you take it completely out of context to imply a meaning that was never presented.... with just a touch of Poisoning the Well via your assertion them not agreeing someone means they have something against propagating their own species.

She never said we should not support Planned Parenthood.... so depending on how you are intending that usage it is either Red Herring or further Straw Man.

In fact I am fairly sure she has been rather Pro-Planned Parenthood in threads around here in the past.

Old 06-30-2011, 01:27 PM

4,500 posts, read 12,344,990 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpsTN View Post
I recently heard of a man going to prison for the death of a woman AND her "unborn child". Why is the death of an unborn child considered a death when someone other than the mother kills the baby but not if the mother kills the baby through abortion? The unborn child is either alive or it is not. It must be a great life for libs, where they can have contradictory views and not have them conflict!

Charles Sands
Well for starters, homicide laws regarding unborn babies vary greatly from state to state, and tend to be stricter in conservative states (in TX for instance, you can be convicted of double homicide even if the woman was not aware of the pregnancy).

One could argue then, that "Libs" as you prefer to address them as, are not as contradictory as you might think, as they're more likely to believe that someone should not be convicted of a double homicide, based on pregnancy.

If you are asking "libs" for personal opinions, I'd be more than happy to share mine.

I do not think "at will'" abortions should be allowed after the fetus is viable (week 25-26, generally), I think the last week one should allow "at will" abortions should be around the 20-24 week, preferably closer to 20 than 24.
With that amount of time, the one carrying the embryo/fetus should be able to make an informed decision, which is supported by the fact that most "at will" abortions happen in the first 9 weeks, 75% of all abortions happen within the first 10 weeks. Source

It is safe to say then, that after week 26, someone who is pregnant intends to give birth to the fetus.

If I were to support or agree with any fetal homicide laws, it would be ones that require viability of the "murdered" fetus before it's considered a victim, however, even then I'm unsure whether or not I think such a law is ethically sound.

I think a more reasoned approach would be to consider 3rd trimester pregnancies a factor in sentencing of the homicide of the pregnant woman. (ie: If a woman is visibly pregnant and the fetus is viable, the homicide of the woman will be considered more gruesome/receive a harsher sentencing)

With all that in mind, I think my views on fetal homicide and abortions fit together perfectly, and there's no contradiction of views.

Old 06-30-2011, 01:28 PM

Location: Georgia, on the Florida line, right above Tallahassee
10,471 posts, read 15,833,234 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpsTN View Post
Legally, we might as well. We could do what the libs want and just not defend ourselves at all and let everyone in the world kill us. Certainly we need justification for what actions we take, but some people don't want us to do ANYTHING.

Charles Sands
Legally, we might as won't. Someoone already did something.
Roe v. Wade - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I can see your world. It's not pretty. What you want - breeders - is impossible. Women have things called brains. They use them when they make decisions. Some people just want women to have no decision. We would call those people children, servants or slaves.

It would be back to this -

vs.

http://www.cwmg.info/images/OR.jpg (broken link)

Old 06-30-2011, 01:30 PM

13,691 posts, read 18,454,215 times
Imagine that...

Drug Given To Moms After Childbirth Sparks Controversy : NPR

Old 06-30-2011, 01:30 PM

21,026 posts, read 22,150,071 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by swerver View Post
Because it's the mother's choice, not some other dude's choice? Are you that dense?

You are in a hospital, and it's on fire. On one side of you is a little boy, on the other side is a freezer full of hundreds of frozen embryos. You can only save the boy or the freezer. What do you do?
Dense?? No, but the Anti-Choice Women Are Cattle people do seem that way.

They refuse to understand that the murderer has taken away the woman's CHOICE...EXACTLY like they want to do.

Anyway, it's a troll thread, this issue has been beaten to death on numerous abortion threads...

Old 06-30-2011, 01:32 PM

1,067 posts, read 1,679,552 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyGem View Post
Who's shooting babies in the head while I'm walking down the street?

Who cares for the millions unwanted?

Who pays for them?

Answer me.
Do you know how many people want to adopt!?! And even the ones who dont get adopted im sure will appreciate the fact they are alive and was given that chance. Their god given right. And if abortion wasnt so readily available then Im sure the "unwanted" pregnancies will see a major decline.

Old 06-30-2011, 01:34 PM

19,567 posts, read 21,870,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 70Ford View Post
Legally, we might as won't. Someoone already did something.
Roe v. Wade - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I can see your world. It's not pretty. What you want - breeders - is impossible. Women have things called brains. They use them when they make decisions. Some people just want women to have no decision. We would call those people children, servants or slaves.

It would be back to this -

vs.

http://www.cwmg.info/images/OR.jpg (broken link)
Could you provide stats on how many back alley abortions were performed a year prior to Roe V. Wade?

Also how many women died or were seriously injured?

Thanks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies