Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-02-2011, 02:19 AM

3,485 posts, read 7,308,713 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
Interesting...so if a defense attorney can prove that the woman was planning on aborting her baby, it would only be ONE murder...?

This doesn't sound like justice.
Justice is not a perfect system. But would be hard to prove intent like that and it is doubtful the jury would go for it. Tough luck for the criminal!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-02-2011, 02:59 AM

15,700 posts, read 17,038,590 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andrea3821 View Post
But what if you went by the 28 week benchmark (which varies between doctors, as I mentioned), and the fetus was murdered at 24 weeks, what do you call that? Is it "murder" or not? Babies have been known to survive as early as 23 weeks. Who's to say a 20 week fetus would not also be able to survive? It depends on the baby. That's why I your whole argument is just stupid.
Society has to draw the line somewhere.....it is done all the time.

28 weeks is a good cut off point, as that is a point where most of the fetuses could survive outside of the mother.

Old 07-02-2011, 03:07 AM

15,700 posts, read 17,038,590 times
Quote:
I don't need to justify my thought process on the basis of religion. That's where you're going wrong, it's really not that hard a concept to grasp. And I'm not Catholic either way, so it's a moot point.

I don't care what you want to say about the embryos at this point, it has no bearing on my argument, so you're just going around in circles.

If we were able to remove "unwanted" fetuses and transfer them to someone else instead, or "save them for later in a freezer," I would have NO problem with that.

I did not say ONLY the religious hold those beliefs.

I am willing to bet that most pro-lifers would have a problem with freezing fetuses knowing full well that the vast majority would never be brought to term.

Just because my points do not fit YOUR personal argument, does not mean they are not valid.

Last edited by Annie53; 07-02-2011 at 04:35 AM..

Old 07-02-2011, 04:13 AM

10,793 posts, read 13,540,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpsTN View Post
I recently heard of a man going to prison for the death of a woman AND her "unborn child". Why is the death of an unborn child considered a death when someone other than the mother kills the baby but not if the mother kills the baby through abortion? The unborn child is either alive or it is not. It must be a great life for libs, where they can have contradictory views and not have them conflict!

Charles Sands

Been asking this question for years.....

Old 07-02-2011, 04:25 AM

770 posts, read 1,177,254 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpsTN View Post
I recently heard of a man going to prison for the death of a woman AND her "unborn child". Why is the death of an unborn child considered a death when someone other than the mother kills the baby but not if the mother kills the baby through abortion? The unborn child is either alive or it is not. It must be a great life for libs, where they can have contradictory views and not have them conflict!

Charles Sands
And in what way is this liberals' fault?

Old 07-02-2011, 04:30 AM

44,254 posts, read 64,338,536 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by miyu View Post
Justice is not a perfect system. But would be hard to prove intent like that and it is doubtful the jury would go for it. Tough luck for the criminal!
No one is more anti-criminal than I am, but I like a little logic and consistency in my justice.

Old 07-02-2011, 05:56 AM

11,186 posts, read 6,502,931 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
Well, isn't that the reason why anti-choice groups push for these laws - to weaken a woman's righ to choose?
Nice try at spin, not as effective as you'd like, I'm sure.
The anti-choice/anti-woman crowd tries everything in its power to destroy the rights of women provided by Roe v Wade.
The pro-abortion crowd has had 17 years to repeal the federal unborn victims of violence act. Got nowhere. There must be a lot of 'anti-choice/anti-woman' Dems, Repubs, and Indies out here to stop the far-left from repealing the law.

Btw, feticide laws don't weaken a women's right to choose. Rather, they strenghten choice, by punishing people who take away the woman's choice to 'terminate.'

Old 07-02-2011, 08:48 AM

4,500 posts, read 12,338,870 times
Quote:
Huh? I made no faulty assumptions, thanks.
You did, if you think this is contradictory.

Read page six (i believe), where I answered the OPs question quite thoroughly.

The original question is based on a faulty premise.

Quote:
Originally Posted by citizenkane2 View Post
Been asking this question for years.....
It's been answered in this thread.

Old 07-02-2011, 08:59 AM

2,705 posts, read 3,119,612 times
[quote=Ceece;19846833]
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post

You know the point, you just don't want to admit it. You also see the difference between a 10 week fetus and a 10 minute old baby so why you want to act like you don't is beyond me and weakens your position.
There is an actual difference between a 10 week old fetus and a ten minute old baby, but that difference is meaningless. Make it simple instead of complicated: human life has value no matter what stage of development it's in. Ultimately it's a matter of how selfish you are versus how much human life means to you.

Old 07-02-2011, 02:15 PM

38,647 posts, read 26,366,979 times
[quote=Ceece;19846833]
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post

You know the point, you just don't want to admit it. You also see the difference between a 10 week fetus and a 10 minute old baby so why you want to act like you don't is beyond me and weakens your position.

You, like every other abortion advocate, need to purge your guilty conscience. To do this you attempt to assign human life relative value such that the rights of the superior human could nullify those of the lesser. The problem with that sort of rationalizing is that the value of innocent human life is absolute.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies