Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-30-2011, 10:33 AM

694 posts, read 745,370 times

Advertisements

I recently heard of a man going to prison for the death of a woman AND her "unborn child". Why is the death of an unborn child considered a death when someone other than the mother kills the baby but not if the mother kills the baby through abortion? The unborn child is either alive or it is not. It must be a great life for libs, where they can have contradictory views and not have them conflict!

Charles Sands
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-30-2011, 10:38 AM

11,446 posts, read 16,183,316 times
Why not refer to aborted fetuses as collateral damage? It works well when applied to living civilians killed by bombs.

Old 06-30-2011, 10:44 AM

588 posts, read 1,014,828 times
Because it's the mother's choice, not some other dude's choice? Are you that dense?

You are in a hospital, and it's on fire. On one side of you is a little boy, on the other side is a freezer full of hundreds of frozen embryos. You can only save the boy or the freezer. What do you do?

Old 06-30-2011, 10:55 AM

584 posts, read 871,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by swerver View Post
Because it's the mother's choice, not some other dude's choice? Are you that dense?

You are in a hospital, and it's on fire. On one side of you is a little boy, on the other side is a freezer full of hundreds of frozen embryos. You can only save the boy or the freezer. What do you do?
Good answer

Old 06-30-2011, 11:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Visvaldis View Post
Why not refer to aborted fetuses as collateral damage? It works well when applied to living civilians killed by bombs.
Legally, we might as well. We could do what the libs want and just not defend ourselves at all and let everyone in the world kill us. Certainly we need justification for what actions we take, but some people don't want us to do ANYTHING.

Charles Sands

Last edited by cpsTN; 06-30-2011 at 11:33 AM..

Old 06-30-2011, 11:28 AM

Quote:

You have two definitions of life and death, but I am the one you ask about being dense? I would certainly save the child, but that is not the issue. Libs seem to always say that fetuses are not living babies or something to that effect. How can the baby be alive and dead at the same time? If the baby is not alive, how can I be charged with killing it, but isn't alive if you abort it? My point is that you are either killing a person or you are not. If the mother, who is supposed to care more for the baby than anyone else - emotionally, I mean - can't go to jail for killing it, how can someone else? After all, aren't the libs always clammering for people to be treated equally?

Charles Sands

Old 06-30-2011, 11:42 AM

588 posts, read 1,014,828 times
No one has ever said that a fetus is not alive. Stop making things up to support your view.

Old 06-30-2011, 11:48 AM

Quote:
No one has ever said that a fetus is not alive. Stop making things up to support your view.
Fine. So, it is OK for YOU to kill your baby, but not for me to kill it. I contend it should be illegal for either of us to kill it. If the baby is alive before and after it is born, why are mother's procecuted for killing the baby after birth but not before. Are they MORE alive after birth?

Charles Sands

Old 06-30-2011, 11:50 AM

3,485 posts, read 7,309,853 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpsTN View Post
I recently heard of a man going to prison for the death of a woman AND her "unborn child". Why is the death of an unborn child considered a death when someone other than the mother kills the baby but not if the mother kills the baby through abortion? The unborn child is either alive or it is not. It must be a great life for libs, where they can have contradictory views and not have them conflict!
It is very simple:
Abortion is a legal way to kill a fetus.
Murder is not a legal method to kill a fetus.

Deal with it!

Old 06-30-2011, 11:54 AM

78,385 posts, read 60,566,039 times
Quote:

I agree.

In both cases they are killing a fetus but under US law only one is murder although the end result is the same.

In an interesting parrallel I was just reading Lewis and Clarks journal. A squaw had run off from her husband and gone to their winter fort. A few days later her husband came and took her back, it is noted that he could legally kill her for running off. A couple days later she shows up all beat to crap and stabbed a bit too. The guy shows up and saying he is sick of her sells her off to one of the trappers. (He was also there to collect payment from one of the sergeants he'd rented her out too for comfort.)

All perfectly legal.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies