Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-30-2011, 06:51 PM

57,022 posts, read 35,011,144 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post
Yes, but neither of them wanted to die.

Religious zealots in Iran don't care if they die. Remember, they beat back Saddam not because of their military ability, but because they sent waves of human targets at the front lines until they overwhelmed them. The Iraqi's lost about a quarter of the people in the Iran/Iraq war, but Iran still won.

Like I said, MAD works, until someone doesn't care if they die.
The idea that religious zealots in Iran don't care about dying is a load of bull. I've seen absolutely NOTHING that indicates that the Iranians are as hellbent on death as many people claim they are. If they're so hellbent on dying, they could just attack Israel right now. They don't need a nuke to do that. In fact, they could attack Saudi Arabia right now and we'll go to Iran and tear the place the hell up, and you KNOW this to be true. Better yet, why not launch a massive terrorist attack on the United States and claim complete responsibility on behalf of the Iranian government?

MAD works. It damn sure has so far, and i've seen no proof otherwise. Pakistanis are more fanatical than the Iranians can ever dream of being, and i don't see them acting as if they have a deathwish.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-30-2011, 07:10 PM

24,869 posts, read 24,294,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
The idea that religious zealots in Iran don't care about dying is a load of bull. I've seen absolutely NOTHING that indicates that the Iranians are as hellbent on death as many people claim they are. If they're so hellbent on dying, they could just attack Israel right now. They don't need a nuke to do that. In fact, they could attack Saudi Arabia right now and we'll go to Iran and tear the place the hell up, and you KNOW this to be true. Better yet, why not launch a massive terrorist attack on the United States and claim complete responsibility on behalf of the Iranian government?

MAD works. It damn sure has so far, and i've seen no proof otherwise. Pakistanis are more fanatical than the Iranians can ever dream of being, and i don't see them acting as if they have a deathwish.
You should study the Iran/Iraq war, it proves your thoughts wrong.

Old 06-30-2011, 07:45 PM

13,186 posts, read 14,927,540 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post

The whole reason any of the right wing lemmings have even heard about Iran is the fact the right wing think tanks in Washington DC, staffed by right wing pro-Israeli Likudniks, are trying to raise the level of fear towards Iran to justify a military attack on behalf of Israel. The whole Middle East strategy is focused on what is good for Israel. The think tanks write the papers, the right wing media picks it up. The right wing lemmings here at CD have a new scary threat to tell us about. If anybody gets killed attacking Iran, I hope it's their kids. My family damn sure isn't going to lift one finger to assist Israeli lobbyist with their goals to brutalize and steal land.

Old 06-30-2011, 08:54 PM

2,314 posts, read 4,779,180 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by padcrasher View Post
I wonder what the USA and Israel had to do in order to get their lackey dictators in Saudi Arabia pretend to want these weapons in response to Iran's make believe weapon program.

You are all being conned. Saudi Arabia puts this out in order for Israel and the USA propagandize it, for an excuse to start yet another war.
All war is bad......

unless it's with Israel.

Old 06-30-2011, 10:21 PM

6,105 posts, read 5,964,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post
Yes, but neither of them wanted to die.

Religious zealots in Iran don't care if they die. Remember, they beat back Saddam not because of their military ability, but because they sent waves of human targets at the front lines until they overwhelmed them. The Iraqi's lost about a quarter of the people in the Iran/Iraq war, but Iran still won.

Like I said, MAD works, until someone doesn't care if they die.

Yes MAD works just as long as neither of the parties is actually mad.

also, when you mix oil, religion and nuclear weapons what could possibly go wrong.

Old 07-01-2011, 10:11 AM

38,608 posts, read 26,225,443 times
Quote:
Yes the real danger is the USA and Israel if Saudi Arabia doesn't fall in line. Who would prop up their dictatorship?

You see what happened to Ghaddafi when he refused to go along with Western powers right?

Actually, we see what happens when Obama is told what to do by Cameron and Sarkozy.

Old 07-01-2011, 10:20 AM

915 posts, read 1,184,919 times
Quote:
Yes the real danger is the USA and Israel if Saudi Arabia doesn't fall in line. Who would prop up their dictatorship?

You see what happened to Ghaddafi when he refused to go along with Western powers right?

Obviously Saudi Arabia does not view Israel as a threat because they do not threaten to acquire nuclear weapons to counter theirs. It's only when Iran gets them that they think they might need nukes. Perhaps they know something you don't? Maybe they know the real threat in the region is Iran, not Israel.

Ghaddafi has nothing to do with this. Actually he gave up nuclear ambitions. He was attacked for something totally different: attacking his own people.

Old 07-01-2011, 10:22 AM

4,298 posts, read 4,388,989 times
We already have a nuclearized Muslim country that is actively fighting against the USA - Pakistan. We need to get out of that country, take out their nucs and let India crush them.

Old 07-01-2011, 10:44 AM

9,408 posts, read 11,884,284 times
I'm ok with this. Let them defend themselves, fight their own wars. Have at it kids..wipe each other off the map.

Old 07-01-2011, 11:05 AM

3,719 posts, read 5,670,865 times
I guess that Saudi prince just played Homefront or Tom Clancy's EndWar
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies