Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-01-2011, 10:04 AM

14,917 posts, read 13,095,708 times

Advertisements

Maybe he's just an Effeminate Heterosexual.

YouTube - ‪Dana Carvey Saturday Night Live 1992 - Lyle The Effeminate Heterosexual‬‏
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-01-2011, 10:04 AM

8,323 posts, read 15,164,623 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurbie View Post
Thanks T, for a) confirming my gaydar is working where Dr Bachmann is concerned , and b) bringing up why this is serious.

Candidate Bachmann's choice of husband and life-mate gives indications of being a repressed homosexual. If true, that means he lives in a lie. That means Michelle lives in a lie. She's had to focus her irrational hatred for gays like a laser, building up a mental fortress of fervent prayer against the day her husband comes out. Get thee behind us, Satin! Down with those naughty, sinfull feelings!

When you think about it, it goes a long way towards explaining the wierd vibe many of us get from her- the rigidity, the clenched jaw, the scary fixed smile, the absolutist, dead-certain, black-and-white Manichean world view. Michelle Bahmann is hiding from something- she's scared of of the truth. Do we want a president who is scared to face the truth?

Folks on this board who think us libs are harping on Mr Bachmann because he's gay are missing the point. Our issue is not that he's gay- it is that he is inauthentic. He has deep psychological problems. And he is the spouse and closest advisor to a candidate for president -the only person she consults with, apparently.

Marcus and Michelle's hang-ups about gay people are at best, a revolting thing to be carrying anywhere near the seat of power in this country, and, at worst, potentially could result in destructive, repressive public policy toward gays. Just for starters, how long would it take Bachmann to re-instate the military ban on gays, do you think? I give her 5 minutes after the swearing-in ceremony.

One of the saddest, scariest things about this situation is, win or lose her bid for the presidency (or vice-presidency), Michelle and Marcus have raised 28 kids together
This has got to be one of the best posts on this thread. Hands down.

Old 07-01-2011, 10:25 AM

4,991 posts, read 4,503,428 times
Michele Bachmann's Husband, Marcus, Triggers Cher's Gaydar | On Top Magazine :: Gay & Lesbian News, Entertainment, Commentary & Travel

Old 07-01-2011, 10:28 AM

10,719 posts, read 20,289,211 times
What's funny is there are people in this world who are truly clueless and probably think this guy is straight.

Old 07-01-2011, 11:41 AM

26,680 posts, read 28,659,127 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
If I were gay, i'd be disgusted by the comments made by your liberal colleagues on this thread.

I"ll say it again: Homosexuals are Political Pawns of the Democratic Party.
That sounds very delusional. I'm gay and I'm not a pawn of anyone. You can imagine that I am, but that doesn't make it a reality.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
Her husband is not running for the presidency.
**** end of file ****
Oh, really? So you didn't have a word to say about this infamous line?

"For the first time in my adult lifetime, I am really proud of my country..."

If the comments of Michelle Obama are enough to cause an uproar, then these comments from Dr. Marcus Bachmann should at least be scrutinized, especially since he is a psychologist and running a mental health clinic.

Last edited by AnUnidentifiedMale; 07-01-2011 at 11:50 AM..

Old 07-01-2011, 11:46 AM

11,446 posts, read 16,179,956 times
From German philosopher, Friedrich Nietzsche: "Mistrust all in whom the urge to punish is strong."

Old 07-01-2011, 12:40 PM

1,004 posts, read 2,770,817 times
Oh wow, this is probably one of the most extremist comments I have read in weeks. He would be one person that can easily ruin her chances to the nomination/white house.

Old 07-01-2011, 12:44 PM

18,381 posts, read 19,008,619 times
my guess is that michelle feels pretty much the same way. there really are not many couples that can stay married to someone with such extreme views on religion, race and gender roles unless they agree. this says a lot about michelle as well as her husband

Old 07-01-2011, 12:57 PM

17,400 posts, read 11,967,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by azriverfan. View Post
What's funny is there are people in this world who are truly clueless and probably think this guy is straight.
Rick Perry's gay. Bachmann's husband is gay. What? Run out of unproven accusations to spew? Must be the insult of the week.

Old 07-01-2011, 12:58 PM

13,691 posts, read 18,446,589 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
On one hand, I don't care what he says because he's not a candidate for President, but on the other, I think about how much was made of Michelle Obama's comments about her level of pride in this country, so I guess the spouse's comments are fair game.

It's going to be an interesting campaign for Michele.

Michele Bachmann's strategist-husband called gays 'barbarians' who 'need to be disciplined' [Audio] - latimes.com
It's a free country.

I'll bet there are some gays who would love some "discipline" from Michelle Bachmann's husband.

He made these comments on a radio interview in 2010 and today they're coming to light?

Because she's a frontrunner for president.

Quote:
Minnesota Christian therapist Marcus Bachmann, the husband of Republican presidential runner Michele Bachman, is a spokesman for anti-gay and ex-gay causes.
http://www.exgaywatch.com/wp/2011/07...ed-discipline/
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies