Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-01-2011, 03:39 PM

15,706 posts, read 11,772,641 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
Looks like one more nail in her slim chances of ever getting the GOP nomination no less win the office of President of the United States of America.
Casper
Not sure what that would matter. Most of her supporters hate gays too. If anything this might fuel their support.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-01-2011, 03:48 PM

22,229 posts, read 17,855,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiyero View Post
Not sure what that would matter. Most of her supporters hate gays too. If anything this might fuel their support.
I don't know any way these comments by her husband can do anything but hurt her. Even Conservatives won't like that the comments were made and who made. A staffer, no big deal, her husband, is a big deal.

Old 07-01-2011, 03:57 PM
Sco

4,259 posts, read 4,918,958 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
I don't know any way these comments by her husband can do anything but hurt her. Even Conservatives won't like that the comments were made and who made. A staffer, no big deal, her husband, is a big deal.
The majority of her supporters actually expect her and any of her close advisors to make comments like this, that is why they support her. A small group of more libertarian minded conservatives might jump off the Bachmann bus due to these remarks, but they will have to fight through the mob of bigoted Tea Party/GOP voters trying to get on.

I think that these comments might actually seal the deal for Bachmann in Iowa and S. Carolina, which puts her on the fast track for the GOP nomination. I believe that she already had zero chance of winning in the general, so by then these comments won't really matter.

The comments are certain to be a fund raising bonzana for her and after the election she can parlay this kind of hate speech into a nice gig on Fox News.

Old 07-01-2011, 05:11 PM

25,231 posts, read 16,938,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sco View Post
What is really sad is that these kinds of disgusting comments will actually increase her street cred with the Tea Party/bigot wing of the GOP.

I think this might actually make it easier for her to win the GOP nomination. In today's Republican party, hating gays is a feature not a bug.
If, by some fluke that were to happen she would go own flames wth the Majority of Americans. Bachmann will never be President of this nation, the voting masses have not gotten that dumb yet.
Casper

Old 07-01-2011, 05:16 PM

6,734 posts, read 9,341,612 times
Is he an "ex-gay"?

Old 07-01-2011, 05:22 PM

3,681 posts, read 6,274,458 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
She does if she wants to be POTUS. What planet are you from?

I have listed to his comments and read a bit about their meeting and their politicical/religious growth and do think there is somthing to the idea he is a closet homosexual. Swinging so far to one side under the banner of religion is always a red flag and it seems these two may have been doing their part to fight their personal demons for a long time. I'm surprised they would thrust themselves into the spotlight like this to be honest. They have to know what's happed to others who have tried.
Do you have any links or names of sources that you have read that lead you to these conclusions? Curious. A lot of people are throwing around these assumptions and I'd like to know if there is anything other than a "limp hand wave," etc. to go on. TIA

Old 07-01-2011, 05:36 PM
Sco

4,259 posts, read 4,918,958 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maja View Post
Do you have any links or names of sources that you have read that lead you to these conclusions? Curious. A lot of people are throwing around these assumptions and I'd like to know if there is anything other than a "limp hand wave," etc. to go on. TIA
He certainly fits the pattern. Nothing says closeted gay quite like public anti-gay bigotry and a facade of holier than thou evangelical Christianity.

He sounds just like Haggard and Rekers to me. I don't think anyone would be the least bit surprised to find out that Marcus Bachmann has been practicing his wide stance with rentboys for a long time.

Old 07-01-2011, 05:43 PM

37,135 posts, read 42,214,810 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maja View Post
Links? Sources? Obviously not or he wouldn't be doing what he is doing. But observationally and looking at human nature you can see when something isn't as it appears. I can't say for certain WHAT this person is but I can say there is something going on there for him to be acting the way he is. Straight guys just don't make it their life mission to be this involved with, and outspoken against, homosexuality without an underlying cause.

These are my personal opinions.

Old 07-01-2011, 05:46 PM

6,109 posts, read 10,897,405 times
Quote:
Links? Sources? Obviously not or he wouldn't be doing what he is doing. But observationally and looking at human nature you can see when something isn't as it appears. I can't say for certain WHAT this person is but I can say there is something going on there for him to be acting the way he is. Straight guys just don't make it their life mission to be this involved with, and outspoken against, homosexuality without an underlying cause.

Yep!

Old 07-01-2011, 07:14 PM

3,681 posts, read 6,274,458 times
Quote:

I understand that is your personal opinion, of which you are certainly entitled.

But, you are aware that calling a person who speaks out against homosexuality, a closeted homosexual, is a well known tactic used by homosexuals to silence people, right? Just sayin.

The two highly educated, brilliant homosexuals, Marshall Kirk and Hunter Madsen wrote all about it in their well known, effective book, "After the Ball: How America Will Conquer its Fear and Hatred of Gays in the 90's."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies