Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-01-2011, 06:43 PM

15,086 posts, read 8,631,560 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neuling View Post
I was speaking for the decent people here. If you do not want to be included, feel free to consider yourself excluded
Apparently, speaking for decent people is getting to be an easier job every minute.

One can only hope that this gaggle if miscreants isn't actually reflective of the population at large. If it is .. we're in bigger trouble than I imagined.

This is without a doubt one of the worst displays of decency I've seen yet. Totally beyond redemption.

Old 07-01-2011, 06:44 PM

22,661 posts, read 24,589,306 times
I can speak for the USA. I this country man has formed a very close bond with dogs and cats, it goes beyond them being just pets, they are like members of the family in many cases.....it has been that way for a very long time. I think this fact makes it wrong to eat our traditionally close friends.

Other countries....well, I have no problem with them dining on cats or dogs. They should be treated humanely though, when in captivity and when being dispatched.

Old 07-01-2011, 06:50 PM

15,086 posts, read 8,631,560 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXboomerang View Post
We eat lots of red meat, but we buy from local farmers who pasteur their cattle 100% up to butchering. Also, the Certified Humane label in bigger stores is a sign that at least a small portion of Americans are gaining a sense of humanity by refusing to ignore the brutal and disgusting practices of big businesses with animal treatment.

Even if you don't give a rats ass how an animal is treated, it should be digusting enough to know that regular grocery store beef comes from cows who spend their last 90 days of life eating corn (cows that don't eat corn don't develop E coli in their intestines EVER), walking in foot deep manure.
This is true ... and that's part of the entire problem we have .... big corporate agribusiness is literally destroying the food supply and are also part of the destruction of morality so evidently demonstrated by so many disgusting posts on this thread.

The issue is awareness and affordability for most people .... but in Texas, grass fed beef is quite common ... all you need to do is look around and that's apparent here ... thousands of acres of pasture and grazing cattle, as it was intended.

The other dark side of this situation you eluded to is the vast majority of that corn is now GMO ... which opens another can of worms.

Old 07-01-2011, 06:58 PM

3,681 posts, read 6,274,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyNTexas View Post

But your comments seem to suggest that all cultures are above reproach, and that no one should make a judgment about anything. This is a product of the "multiculturalism" and "moral relativism" that has been hammered into your head for years. And it's total baloney.

We need to reduce our consumption, so goes the chant ... that's the party line ... reduce reduce .... in Europe they call this "austerity measures" ... here they fancy it up a bit and convince you that it's your idea ... gotta save mother earth. They want you to self identify with other cultures ... embrace the notion of eating dogs, because that's about the only thing they plan on leaving you with ... and ya just can't get a clue.

Educate yourself about "Sustainable Development" and "Agenda 21", and the United Nations schemes and misdeeds throughout the history of that Godless group of misfits.

They want to steal your culture, and give you something much less, and you're carrying their water.
This is the result of years of public school indoctrination. Several generations have already been so brainwashed, they know no difference. We finally got so fed up with it and pulled our children out of the public schools after my 10 year old, among other things, was forced to sit through the anti-capitalist video, "The Story of Stuff" not once but twice during math class no less and was also shown the adult activist film, "Tapped" during math class which taught her the horrors of bottled water. Then she was shown photos of the horrific devastation of Katrina and told it was due to "Man made Global Warming!" Finally, when my then 10 year old child was "encouraged" to read books belittling Christianity, mocking our country's Founding Fathers, promoting homosexuality and endorsing theft in the name of creativity and social justice, we knew that this was no longer the country of our values but had been infiltrated by multicultural social change agents, who know very well that young minds are easily influenced and so use not only the media but the schools to try and usurp the Family's rights and responsibility to pass on their values and culture to their own children. Good, solid, involved, responsible parents recognize it and do what they can to protect and correctly educate their children. The rest will sadly be eating their dogs.

Old 07-01-2011, 08:00 PM

13,163 posts, read 1,692,498 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maja View Post
That is their right to do so, just as it is this poster's right to post his thoughts and feelings, which I, as a member of the American culture, am in agreement with. There is a growing awareness of the problem with multiculturism and a one world order or globalism which is being pushed on us. People around the world have various beliefs and customs and we should not be forced into accepting other countries' cultural beliefs nor force ours on them.

In America, we don't eat dogs and I sure hope it stays that way. Of course, if the ever powerful media decides to change that by desensitizing us to the idea of it with a bombardment of images and stories condoning it and the public schools back it up with "tolerance to dog eaters" mandatory training programs and multicultural themed literature assignments depicting the innocent consumption of our faithful friends, then it will probably change in a relatively short time. That is how powerful the media has become.

BTW, that photo breaks my heart.
Mine also. Heart wrenching.

This entire subject reminds me of a Chinese restaurant in Connecticut many years ago that was shut down by the health department because cats were found in the freezer. I don't often eat Chinese food for many reasons, most of them having to do with the additives that are used. When I do, I get something I recognize - like vegetables. You just never know what you are eating. If some don't care, that's their business. I care.

Quote:
I think we are almost there .... the predominate view thus far seems to reflect a complete lack of respect for the historic relationship with dogs ... not just the American culture ... remember ... we're not that old ... just a drop in the bucket of time compared to the relationship between men and dogs which predate American culture by thousands of years.

And no ... I don't need to, nor will I bow in respect to Godless, Soulless cultures ... the Mayans used to rip out the hearts of human beings ... that was wrong too, and each and every single being on this planet has a right, and an obligation to take a stand on the issue of right and wrong. It's a simple statement of who you are ... an expression of your ideals.

Yes, there are cultures that are flat out wrong ... just claiming "It's my culture" does not legitimize their behaviors. It just condemns their culture by their own actions.

But the deplorable responses thus far on this topic does give pause to the possibility that the Globalists have a point about the 90% population reduction ... their biggest error seems to be in excluding themselves in the group that wouldn't be missed very much.

There was a newspaper report in a paper that shall remain nameless, some 20years ago, that the Club of Rome at their international meeting discussed population control and cannibalism was recommended as a solution. No kidding.

Somebody said that we are all animals. I disagree. Perhaps that poster is, but I'm with GuyNTexas - only the soulless and Godless could do this to the canine. My dogs are family. They have evolved into human companions. How can you eat your furry buddy? You may fill your belly for one day but you will feel the emptiness of your soul. Not a good exchange.

Old 07-01-2011, 08:47 PM

3,414 posts, read 7,143,538 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXboomerang View Post
We eat lots of red meat, but we buy from local farmers who pasteur their cattle 100% up to butchering. Also, the Certified Humane label in bigger stores is a sign that at least a small portion of Americans are gaining a sense of humanity by refusing to ignore the brutal and disgusting practices of big businesses with animal treatment.

Even if you don't give a rats ass how an animal is treated, it should be digusting enough to know that regular grocery store beef comes from cows who spend their last 90 days of life eating corn (cows that don't eat corn don't develop E coli in their intestines EVER), walking in foot deep manure.
I know people would not like eating corn for 90 days and walking in foot deep manure. I imagine pigs would like it very much but I don't know how the cows feel about it...?

Old 07-01-2011, 08:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by miyu View Post
If I was hungry enough I would eat human flesh.

If a pack of loyal ravenous dogs were in a room with their loyal human, let us see how long that loyalty lasts...
Haha! If I was to shrink down to squirrel size over-night I know that loyal, lovable, pal-o-mine would start salivating in my direction...

Old 07-01-2011, 08:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpg35223 View Post
Wow. I've never seen such pious indignation over a damned dog.

Here. I'll lay it out for you. You, your two children, and your dog are marooned on a desert island. There are no fish to catch and the vegetation hasn't enough nutritive content.

Do you let your kids starve or roast the dog on a spit?
There has to be fish I just have to get better at catching it. The dog has too many other important uses in this situation for me eat him too quick. I'd use him to help me catch something else.

Old 07-01-2011, 09:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neuling View Post
The trick is that with (highly evolved) humans the dog IS part of the family.
"Highly evolved"? What does that entail?

Old 07-01-2011, 09:07 PM

5,546 posts, read 9,997,969 times
Quote:
Animal cruelty in all it's forms is a blight on human nature, and I don't advocate any of it. But rationalizing one wrong because there are others, as you have just done, typifies why our world is plummeting to the depths that it is.

The issue here is not just about humane treatment of animals, as important as that is ... but this is about the betrayal of trust, given the historic relationship between man and dog for thousands of years, that includes companionship, affection and loyalty Dogs have shared with it's human family members.

And I don't know what else to say to you other than shame on you for dismissing this so cavalierly. There is noexcuseforignorance such as this, but I'm not the least bit surprised that this would be the first response. Not surprised at all ... sadly.

I suppose that a plain old, "Oh my, that is terrible" is just too much to expect from some people.
I agree with you and I cannot even stand to read further in this thread. I am not a violent person, but if you put my two dogs on that truck and a shotgun or a regular gun in my hand I'd have no hesitation as to what "animals" would be killed and they would NOT be the four legged ones. Or if you even put me in the path of that truck with a gun I would not have any problem knowing just whose life should be ended, irrespective of my own dogs.

It just breaks my heart how stupid and heartless some people are and I can't read anymore. I contribute each month to the ASPCA and that's about all I can take of this sort of stuff.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies