Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-02-2011, 10:24 AM

44,882 posts, read 33,253,825 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluefly View Post
You'd be surprised how non-liberal Stewart can be and how often he goes after hypocritical liberals. Though, isn't it unfair to ask people watch your show (the old Glenn Beck program) and not return the favor for a balanced perspective?
Just how unbalanced was Beck? You didn't like him as much as I don't like Stewart, or my most unfavorite lib, Letterman. As for Beck, he said about as many unkind words about RINOs as against left leaners.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-02-2011, 10:24 AM

24,868 posts, read 24,377,473 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
I checked the OP and failed to see the mention of Fox that you mention although the mention was done later but not by the OP. You are having fun, aren't you?
We are talking about Bias on the daily show. The reason most conservatives don't find humor in the daily show or the Colbert report is because they seem slanted against their views.

As has been going on in the last two weeks, there has been a fued between Fox News and the daily show.

This fuels why conservatives don't watch the daily show, because of its perceived bias against conservatives. When in fact, the daily show often pokes fun at liberals as well.

Thats the point we are making.

Old 07-02-2011, 10:28 AM

Quote:
I watch Fox about as much as any of the others, but you should watch the clip I posted before responding. You will see that you are mistaken.
I watch Fox only when it comes to the 24/7 news channels. I only had CNN on my satellite program for years and never watch them any more since I got Fox for free. I imagine I watch MSLSD about 10 minutes per month, total, but then I don't get it on my program and would never fight to get it. I am pretty sure that I watch Fox a lot more than you do, though.

Old 07-02-2011, 10:33 AM

22,229 posts, read 17,847,737 times
Quote:
I watch Fox only when it comes to the 24/7 news channels. I only had CNN on my satellite program for years and never watch them any more since I got Fox for free. I imagine I watch MSLSD about 10 minutes per month, total, but then I don't get it on my program and would never fight to get it. I am pretty sure that I watch Fox a lot more than you do, though.
Is Glenn's No See TV on 24/7?

Old 07-02-2011, 10:34 AM

19,567 posts, read 21,862,853 times
Quote:
Perhaps a little education is in order for you two. Here's how it's relevant to the topic, seeing as many conservatives jumped to false conclusions about The Daily Show based on Fox's selected clips and not actually watching his show:

http://www.thedailyshow.com/watch/tue-june-28-2011/oh--for-fox-sake---who-s-the-biggest-a--hole (broken link)-

Enjoy. I will accept your apologies in the form of rep points.
Please stick to the actual topic.

Old 07-02-2011, 10:34 AM

1,111 posts, read 1,182,616 times
Quote:
[/b]

I especially like your last sentence. I have a son who is 30 now who used to come home from college when he was 19 - 20 and tell me how much fun his roommate and he had watching the Daily Show. They loved it then but for some reason both of them "grew" up and neither can stand Dailey these days. Hey, when you are 30 maybe you will be grown.
I'm 33, and no plans on being any more mature then I need to. Maturity for the sake of maturity is over rated. You obviously are older then me, participating in the same pointless banter. The difference is I know where I sit; You however are delusionally mature. You also are neglecting to comment on anything relevant.

Regards

Old 07-02-2011, 10:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post
We are talking about Bias on the daily show. The reason most conservatives don't find humor in the daily show or the Colbert report is because they seem slanted against their views.

As has been going on in the last two weeks, there has been a fued between Fox News and the daily show.

This fuels why conservatives don't watch the daily show, because of its perceived bias against conservatives. When in fact, the daily show often pokes fun at liberals as well.

Thats the point we are making.
I think I have been able to keep up with what is going on here. Did you notice that when I mentioned the OP I failed to say that that one seldom takes part in threads like this one after getting them started. That behavior is just a bit trollish, I think.

Old 07-02-2011, 10:37 AM

11,155 posts, read 15,700,997 times
Quote:
Just how unbalanced was Beck? You didn't like him as much as I don't like Stewart, or my most unfavorite lib, Letterman. As for Beck, he said about as many unkind words about RINOs as against left leaners.
I have no idea what Beck has to do with this topic, but the significant difference between Beck and Stewart is that, as you claim, Beck attacked anyone who didn't agree with his radical agenda (until he was fired for making too many false predictions).

Stewart will go after anyone who shows hypocrisy or lies - be it Obama or MSNBC or Fox (I'm not familiar with MSLSD - perhaps it's on Univision or something).

Big difference - which is why it's odd conservatives don't watch him yet assume, based on no evidence, that he's a shill for the left.

(and I'm sure you watch way more cable news of any sort than I do. Have you watched the clip I linked to above yet?)

Old 07-02-2011, 10:39 AM

11,155 posts, read 15,700,997 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oz in SC View Post
Please stick to the actual topic.
I'm sorry that my evidence of Fox's slanted hit-job against Stewart is impossible to refute, but providing evidence of why conservatives don't watch Colbert / Stewart (because they are lied to about their shows by conservative media) is most certainly on topic.

Nice try, though. You can't silence the truth.

Old 07-02-2011, 10:40 AM

Quote:
I have no idea what Beck has to do with this topic, but the significant difference between Beck and Stewart is that, as you claim, Beck attacked anyone who didn't agree with his radical agenda (until he was fired for making too many false predictions).

Stewart will go after anyone who shows hypocrisy or lies - be it Obama or MSNBC or Fox (I'm not familiar with MSLSD - perhaps it's on Univision or something).

Big difference - which is why it's odd conservatives don't watch him yet assume, based on no evidence, that he's a shill for the left.

(and I'm sure you watch way more cable news of any sort than I do. Have you watched the clip I linked to above yet?)
I didn't bring Beck into this thread but always do leap to his defense.

Now can you tell me some of the false predictions Beck made? Don't count them up because the false ones, if you can find any, won't be anywhere near those who came true.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies