Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-21-2011, 11:09 PM

6,387 posts, read 6,368,220 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sterpetron View Post
Thanks for the meaningless soliloquoy, not sure who your audience was but I doubt it was for those over 13.

The iranian government has no interest in peace, its existence is underpinned by persistent war and the cynical manufacture of perpetual external enemies. The country is controlled in its entirety by the IRG, who nominally work with the clerics - all of them unelected - to provide a fake islamic veneer of legitimacy as it conducts terrorism abroad in several other nations. I won't bother to mention the mass slaughter of its own citizens as a result of protests against the faked 2009 elections there, its massive gulag system, or the assistance it is providing to syria to mass murder its own citizens to retain illegitimate power.

This diseased regime is constructing nuclear missiles and the means to deliver them further out, placing europe and eventually, most of the world in its range. This nuclear blanket will also enable its terrorist proxies to act even more aggressively, and perhaps launch multiple frontal assaults on nations that far left psychotics like those in this thread do not like, such as Israel.

The US/free world can either deal with this most heinous of threats now - or later on when iran's cancerous regime has far more powerful weapons at its disposal.

This situation is precisely analogous to the 1930s, where the free world waited until it was too late to deal with the rise of Germany. The parallels are many; a large-scale economic meltdown reducing the financial means with which to confront a malevolent rising power using the economic downturn to increase its military capabilities in violation of UNSC sanctions and treaties...

Placing our heads in the sand will not make this problem vanish - it will require far stronger medicine later, and much more sacrifice.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nowitsshowtime View Post
I can't take this non-sense anymore. I agree with Rbohm. You must live in a very isolated forest somewhere.

Evil CAN exist in everyone. In reality, you don't always get to mind your own business. When someone is in your face ready to punch your lights out or lets say stab you or your family, do you mind your own business against this "evil"? Its a great way to get pummeled, just so you can make a point that you aren't evil. Fighting evil doesn't make you evil too. That's why you constantly hear "Good VS Evil".

If you don't fight "evil", it will win, plain and simple. Evil doesn't have reasoning, it won't just say "damn, I'm wrong, lets rectify this". You can try to negotiate first, but get ready to strike if necessary. Please, lets stop with the hippie stuff.
The only thing that will work against evil is good. Doing good means precisely that: good. You can't eliminate evil with evil. If you want to eliminate violence, you must bring peace. If you want to eliminate hate, you must bring love. I know you don't like to hear it, but it is the truth.

Your bombs and plans of aggression are man's archaic methods, which will never work. They will fail you every time. And just when you think you've destroyed every possible corner of the earth that you don't like, and made the earth a desolation from destruction, another one will pop up. The "enemy" will always re-appear. There will be no end, until you work for good.

Peace!
brian
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-21-2011, 11:26 PM

45,225 posts, read 26,437,203 times
Oh hardee har har
neocons can't get enough war, debt and vioaltion of constitutional rights all in the name of patriotism.

God bless the american empire!

Old 07-22-2011, 12:13 AM

7,372 posts, read 16,014,058 times
I haven't read past the first page of this, but I'm sure someone else hasn't failed to notice the difference between Reagan and Obama. When cracks were showing in the Soviet Union, Reagan got on the world stage and gave support to the people who were oppressed by that regime. Has anyone noticed Obama regarding the Iranians who would topple their current government? Not so much.

Old 07-22-2011, 01:44 AM

2,031 posts, read 2,987,934 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snort View Post
I haven't read past the first page of this, but I'm sure someone else hasn't failed to notice the difference between Reagan and Obama. When cracks were showing in the Soviet Union, Reagan got on the world stage and gave support to the people who were oppressed by that regime. Has anyone noticed Obama regarding the Iranians who would topple their current government? Not so much.
If that sentence made any coherent sentence in English, I'd answer it.

As for Reagan, he sold arms to the Iranians so they would free U.S. hostages held in Beirut. They took the arms, then laughed in Reagan's face and did squat ahout the hostages.

What a brilliant, smooth move that was...

Then he insisted it never happened, changed his story to "Well, I guess it happened but I really have no idea what the heck my administration is doing, so I never knew about it... " (I gotta hand it to Reagan, his claim of being hopelessly clueless is pretty darn believable!)

The icing on the cake, of course, was the illegal funneling of the proceeds to the Contras, the "moral equivalent of the Founding Fathers" (to quote Reagan ... if one can quote such drivel without vomiting... )

Old 07-22-2011, 08:41 AM

33,387 posts, read 34,837,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahigherway View Post
The only thing that will work against evil is good. Doing good means precisely that: good. You can't eliminate evil with evil. If you want to eliminate violence, you must bring peace. If you want to eliminate hate, you must bring love. I know you don't like to hear it, but it is the truth.

Your bombs and plans of aggression are man's archaic methods, which will never work. They will fail you every time. And just when you think you've destroyed every possible corner of the earth that you don't like, and made the earth a desolation from destruction, another one will pop up. The "enemy" will always re-appear. There will be no end, until you work for good.

Peace!
brian
brian, in a perfect world, as i have said before, you would be correct. however we do not live in a perfect world. there are times you have to fight fire with fire. we have in the past tried to ignore our enemies, we have offered to help them when they had problems, but the reality is that those efforts DIDNT WORK. take iran for instance, we have virtually ignored them since 1981, and yet they have done much covert work against the US. when there was an earthquake in iran that causes severe damage and loss of life, the US stepped up to the plate and was the first in line to offer as much assistance as possible, and what did the iranians do? they essentially slapped us in the face and told us to f$%k off. you can only extend the olive branch of peace, and get beat up with it, only so often.

remember that jesus said if a man were to strike on one cheek, offer him the other one. however jesus never said what to do after the second hit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
Oh hardee har har
neocons can't get enough war, debt and vioaltion of constitutional rights all in the name of patriotism.

God bless the american empire!
rubbish. bush went after bin laden in afghanistan, and after 10 years of constant cease fire breaches, took out iraq as well. in fact obamas plan to reduce the number of soldiers in iraq was already in place, put there by bush in fact. as for the debt, obama has piled on more debt in 2 1/2 years than bush did in six years in office. as for violating constitutional rights, what rights of your have been violated by bush? obama is the one that increased the scope of tapping phone calls to include domestic calls as well as foreign calls, under bush it was calls going to and coming from overseas. nice try but you fail.

Old 07-23-2011, 10:57 AM

7,372 posts, read 16,014,058 times
[quote=Voyageur;20125254]If that sentence made any coherent sentence in English, I'd answer it.

Exactly!

Old 07-24-2011, 12:26 AM

6,387 posts, read 6,368,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
brian, in a perfect world, as i have said before, you would be correct. however we do not live in a perfect world. there are times you have to fight fire with fire. we have in the past tried to ignore our enemies, we have offered to help them when they had problems, but the reality is that those efforts DIDNT WORK. take iran for instance, we have virtually ignored them since 1981, and yet they have done much covert work against the US. when there was an earthquake in iran that causes severe damage and loss of life, the US stepped up to the plate and was the first in line to offer as much assistance as possible, and what did the iranians do? they essentially slapped us in the face and told us to f$%k off. you can only extend the olive branch of peace, and get beat up with it, only so often.

remember that jesus said if a man were to strike on one cheek, offer him the other one. however jesus never said what to do after the second hit.
Did Jesus get upset after he was crucified and say, "alright, enough is enough, now I'm going to teach you all a lesson.."?

No. He demonstrated that we should seek peace even unto death, if necessary. Many people today do not want peace that badly. Many Christians are no different than anyone else on the street that you meet. Why is that?

Iran's refusal of help tells me that we must have been on their bad side for a reason. People don't refuse help for nothing. And fighting fire with fire only causes more fire.

Peace,
brian

Old 07-24-2011, 03:34 PM

5,758 posts, read 11,635,426 times
Quote:
take iran for instance, we have virtually ignored them since 1981
If only... unfortunately, we've actually been deeply involved in Iran's affairs over the decades. Look up the history of the Iran-Iraq war, first of all. One of those charming affairs where we made sure to arm both sides.

We've supported rebel groups within Iran for years as well. This has been quiet and controversial, partly because groups like the MEK ("People's Mujahedin") are more or less outright terrorists who stage suicide bombings and other atrocities.

It would be nice if we DID stop interfering quite so much. We'd save some cash in the process, too.

Old 07-24-2011, 03:55 PM

1,068 posts, read 2,021,995 times
How would Americans feel if their main opponents were locked in on every border surrounding their country? Iran's government is no angelic democracy but it's a big world and we have to let the people within those countries change things for the better, the United States and Britain can no longer go around the world and impose a vision of democracy that the citizens of Iraq, Afghanistan or Iran don't comprehend or even want.

Iran is surrounded by United States and coalition forces right now, no wonder it feels threatened. And the United States wouldn't be under similar pressure?

They weren't too happy when Russian missiles landed in Cuba. They even used organised crime in the shape of the Chicago Outfit to try and settle the matter. Hardly the actions of a puritanical nation. Compromise and peace talks are the only way forward. Why waste so many more innocent lives?

Old 07-24-2011, 04:23 PM

912 posts, read 1,331,869 times
Considering America is at the point of not being able to pay it's own bills.Three endless wars at last count .Not to mention unemployment still high humbers .America simply cannot afford to attack . The US has enough problems right now ,we don't need to add the already long list .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies