Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-02-2011, 11:29 AM

26,211 posts, read 19,521,305 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
I nominate the saber rattlers to pack their bags and lead the charge
Amen. I'd love to see all the fat, bald white guys gear up, grab their rifles, and put their wishes into action.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-02-2011, 11:33 AM

6,233 posts, read 9,481,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by caphillsea77 View Post
OK, then you fund the war and recruit the soldiers for the attack. Have fun with that.

Better yet, why doesn't the OP grab a gun and go over there himself? I despise people who are always gunning for a war from the comfort of their own computer desk.

Old 07-02-2011, 11:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mistygrl092 View Post
How could Bush deny a sovereign nation from doing as it pleases?
Because they do what their boss tells them to do. The only country hated more than the U.S. in that part of the world is Israel. Our illegal wars of aggression are not enough, and will never be enough, to satisfy the military industrial complex. We gain access to oil and these corporations who profit have a private army at their disposal with a Republican in charge.

Just ignore all the dead families.

Old 07-02-2011, 11:36 AM

45,226 posts, read 26,443,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
Amen. I'd love to see all the fat, bald white guys gear up, grab their rifles, and put their wishes into action.
Obama is a fat, white bald guy?

Time for some new glasses.

Old 07-02-2011, 11:45 AM

33,387 posts, read 34,841,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sterpetron View Post
Iran Funnels New Weapons - WSJ.com

Iran Funnels New Weapons to Iraq and Afghanistan

"By JAY SOLOMON

TEHRAN—Iran's elite military unit, the Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps, has transferred lethal new munitions to its allies in Iraq and Afghanistan in recent months, according to senior U.S. officials, in a bid to accelerate the U.S. withdrawals from these countries.

The Revolutionary Guard has smuggled rocket-assisted exploding projectiles to its militia allies in Iraq, weapons that have already resulted in the deaths of American troops, defense officials said. They said Iranians have also given long-range rockets to the Taliban in Afghanistan, increasing the insurgents' ability to hit U.S. and other coalition positions from a safer distance."

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

At this point, outside of landing a plane on US soil and shooting Americans directly, I cannot fathom what it is going to take for the US to attack and destroy the current criminal fascist dictatorship of thugs and murderers that is iran's government and war machine.

No nation has killed more Americans and not been in a direct war with the US - EVER.

Iran is a cancer, and its regime MUST be destroyed - a look at its history over the past few years is an eye-opener. It has and is continuing to do the following, with little or no response from the US government:

- killing Americans in afghanistan
- killing americans in iraq
- killing lebanese pols and journalists
- taking british navymen hostage and parading them in violation of treaties
- fomenting wars in 4 other nations
- ensuring persistent conflict in the middle east and preventing a solution to the arab-israeli conflict
- helping the syrian terrorist regime murder its own citizens to stay in power
- running multiple terrorist groups across the middle east, turning nations into war zones and client states
- and the best of all, ignoring FOUR sets of UNSC rulings and refusing inspections as it develops nuclear weapons, including missiles with nuclear payload capability

What is the US waiting for?
we didnt go after iran when they took our embassy people hostage in the late 70s, what makes you think that we will go after them now?

had we gone after iran back then, we would NOT be having the problems we are having today in the middle east.

Old 07-02-2011, 11:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
we didnt go after iran when they took our embassy people hostage in the late 70s, what makes you think that we will go after them now?

had we gone after iran back then, we would NOT be having the problems we are having today in the middle east.
This type of mindset is likely widespread. I have serious doubts this country can remedy such ignorance. We live in a country where war is considered a first option, not a last option. Truth be told we are full of morally depraved people. That's the ugly truth.

Old 07-02-2011, 11:56 AM

33,387 posts, read 34,841,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
This type of mindset is likely widespread. I have serious doubts this country can remedy such ignorance. We live in a country where war is considered a first option, not a last option. Truth be told we are full of morally depraved people. That's the ugly truth.
really? so you then approve of what the iranians did to our people during that time? you approve of our sovereign soil being attacked? you approve of our people being taken hostage? sounds to me like you are the one that is morally depraved.

Old 07-02-2011, 12:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
really? so you then approve of what the iranians did to our people during that time? you approve of our sovereign soil being attacked? you approve of our people being taken hostage? sounds to me like you are the one that is morally depraved.
I didn't expect a 'war first'er to understand. I definitely don't expect you to understand why Iran had a revolution in the first place.

Old 07-02-2011, 12:10 PM

45,226 posts, read 26,443,162 times
WWIII will come. There is an election on the horizon with a DOA economy and Obama fancies himself a modern day FDR.
I'm sure he knows that historically, American people are inclined to re-elect wartime presidents, regardless of competency (again FDR).

Old 07-02-2011, 12:13 PM

17,531 posts, read 24,698,072 times
The opportunity for attacking Iran is gone. The whole idea of Halliburton controlling the Central Asia Pipeling required Cheney Quislings in Iran (the Pahlavis) Afghanistan (Karzai) and Iraq (where his guy was rejected) didn't work. We are left with two wars both bordering Iran.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies