Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-09-2007, 09:50 PM

6,762 posts, read 11,625,985 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PPG View Post
I make a thread about race and you say I'm race baiting. Well never mind. Sorry for offending you with "race" talk. I will never speak about race again. You all are right, we are all one race, one gender, for liberty and justice for all.....................
Good idea. If a post is gonna be started complaining about white male republicans, then the OP trash talks the first 3 people mentioned who aren't white males as if they don't count, its time to face that it the post had no serious meaning to it, flame bait at best.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-09-2007, 09:58 PM

6,202 posts, read 11,445,317 times
Actually it's a good question. Why are Republican Presidential Candidates almost always White, male, and practice some form of Christianity? I saw more color in the Democratic candidates.

Old 08-09-2007, 10:10 PM

6,762 posts, read 11,625,985 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KerrTown View Post
Actually it's a good question. Why are Republican Presidential Candidates almost always White, male, and practice some form of Christianity? I saw more color in the Democratic candidates.
Hmmm, interesting how the word "always" is used there, but if you remove THIS election's current field, the same question would apply to the Dems. And currently their front runner is a white Christian, it is the wife of a former white male president, and one could easily assume that if there is a "white male conspiracy" then Bill could be the biggest player of them all by figuring out a way to get back in the WHITE House.

Old 08-10-2007, 02:37 AM

404 posts, read 710,855 times
I included my post based on an interview I saw the other day. The post itself was against the topic. I am a white male, and because of that, I get clumped into the party when my views may not support the same views as this group.

Yes, I may have some racist attitudes, but as a whole, I don't dislike the entire black population. They should have the same rights, and should be treated the same as I am as a white.

Old 08-10-2007, 03:17 AM

1,499 posts, read 4,830,938 times
Quote:
Judging by the republican debates and their issues, would it be fair to say that the republican party is the party for white males?
And the Dems are not?? All candidates in the Dems are white, except Obama who is 1/2 white and Bill Richardson who is 1/2 white too. So really, both parties are the same way. Does having a black guy running in the Dem ticket make sthe Dems more honorable? Because if that is the case, the GOP can always have black Republican males from almost all white districts (like JC Watts).

Now, here is the funny thing. IF for whatever reason it was a "party of white people" as you say, what's the problem with being white? Is it something to be ashamed of?

Oh and what about the "Democrat elite" who dwell in Ivory towers and ONLY pretend to give a rip about the regular folks, like John Edwards who lives in a 30,000 sq foot mansion across from a trailer park (and the people from the trailer park say Edwards looks at the like they are trash). Hey how about John Kerry and his "African American wife" whose only contact they have ever had with black people were servants in her Madagascar home?

How about Ted Kennedy or Chuck Shummer who live lavish lives??

I think the Dems have a LOT more elitism than the GOP.

Old 08-10-2007, 03:54 AM

20,321 posts, read 19,909,198 times
Quote:
I will say that Condi Rice seems like a Bush puppet. Colin Powell cut and run
So they play for their chosen team. Stop the presses! How often does that happen in politics? What's the issue as it pertains to something as superfical as skin pigmentation.

Quote:
and Alberto Gonzales doesn't remember he is hispanic.
What in the heck does that mean? He should sound more like Desi Arnaz? Wear a sombrero? Take up bull fighting?
What do "real hispanic" AGs do different from an Asian, black or white AGs?

Old 08-10-2007, 05:45 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,756,720 times
This thread managed to miss the fact that the Republicans are the RICH - THE REALLY, REALLY RICH white male party.

The Democrats are the RICH everybody else party. Together they are the right and left wings of the American Property and Privilege Party and any real alternative will be rapidly suppressed.

As a bumper sticker I saw yesterday said -

"Republicans for Voldamort"

another should have said -

Democrats for the Ministry

Old 08-10-2007, 05:58 AM

3,074 posts, read 4,723,918 times
Quote:
Judging by the republican debates and their issues, would it be fair to say that the republican party is the party for white males?

They are for the American people..........

Old 08-10-2007, 06:22 AM

3,352 posts, read 6,660,754 times
Quote:
I guess it just seems more and more of a white male party in 2007 being that democrats have whites, blacks, and women running for president.
Meh, it just worked out that way this time around. Alan Keyes, a black man, has run for president on the GOP side in the past. Republicans put the first woman on the Supreme Court. There are plenty of Republican women in Congress. Bush has blacks and Hispanics in his Cabinet. Etc., etc.

Post-9/11, there really isn't that much difference between the parties. They both believe in government solutions to pretty much everything ... the main differences being who gets taxed the most and which of your rights get curtailed.

Old 08-10-2007, 06:24 AM

3,352 posts, read 6,660,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post

As a bumper sticker I saw yesterday said -

"Republicans for Voldamort"

another should have said -

Democrats for the Ministry
Ain't it the truth.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies