Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-02-2011, 09:21 PM

7,786 posts, read 8,024,187 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTAtech View Post
It was a lie when Reagan said it 30 years ago and it's a lie today.

Tell the mother buying meat at the supermarket that the USDA meat inspector isn't real there to help and food and pesticide regulations are unnecessary.
Tell the businessman on a 747 that the air traffic controller isn't real there to help.
Tell the factory worker that the OSHA inspector isn't real there to help and safety regulations are unnecessary.
The same for FBI agents; Postal workers; the military, etc., etc.

Since the EPA came into existence, the air is 95% cleaner than 1960s levels. I find that the government has long proven that they're there to help.
Tell the mother who's daughter matured at age 10 because of all the growth hormones fed to USDA cattle,yes my neighbor true story How come they get fired for sleeping on the job,yeah pretty safe
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-02-2011, 09:22 PM

19,226 posts, read 15,313,154 times
You can't GET more fascist than this.

http://www.gpo.gov/fdsys/pkg/DCPD-20...-201100431.pdf

Old 07-02-2011, 09:24 PM

19,792 posts, read 13,940,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
I'm sure that many of the "stick" folks don't need any help from Obama and sure aren't asking for any.

Folks don't know what the communists did back any the day. Hell my kids aren't even being taught about the wall anymore. Most have no clue about east/west germany back in the day or even the cold war. Don't teach em about the evil's of communism and it doesn't exist it's just this grand love fest where everybody is equal is what they want the youth of today to know.

My fav president said this........"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn’t pass it on to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children's children what it was once like in the United States where men were free."

It's looking more and more the last part he feared the worst is going to happen unless something is done.

The agenda 21'ers were surely hailing this one. The ICLEI folks were probably holding a big party after the signing. Many aren't paying attention to the work they are doing for the UN boys. Look at how many small and even large communities they have signed up to their nonsense and most citizens have no idea they have that's for sure
Yeah, yeah and Reagan said in 1964 that if Medicare passed we'd be telling our grandchildren about the time when 'men were free.' Well, it's 50 years and we're still free.

the slippery slope is a slippery argument.

Old 07-02-2011, 09:25 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,436,896 times
Quote:
It was a lie when Reagan said it 30 years ago and it's a lie today.

Tell the mother buying meat at the supermarket that the USDA meat inspector isn't real there to help and food and pesticide regulations are unnecessary.
Tell the businessman on a 747 that the air traffic controller isn't real there to help.
Tell the factory worker that the OSHA inspector isn't real there to help and safety regulations are unnecessary.
The same for FBI agents; Postal workers; the military, etc., etc.

Since the EPA came into existence, the air is 95% cleaner than 1960s levels. I find that the government has long proven that they're there to help.
To the mother with meat...those animals were fed arsenic laced feed
To the businessman..those air traffic controllers are asleep in the towers
To the factory worker..you're being outsourced

When they come to "help me" I'll just send them to your house instead.

Old 07-02-2011, 09:30 PM

7,786 posts, read 8,024,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post

Great post!

Old 07-02-2011, 09:32 PM

29,407 posts, read 21,994,436 times
Quote:
Yeah, yeah and Reagan said in 1964 that if Medicare passed we'd be telling our grandchildren about the time when 'men were free.' Well, it's 50 years and we're still free.

the slippery slope is a slippery argument.
Well I don't have grandchildren yet but I'm starting to tell my kids stories about back in the day.

Old 07-02-2011, 09:39 PM

4,367 posts, read 3,482,226 times
Quote:
Boy that's some scary stuff there!
Actually, it is. Anytime the government says they are here to help, be afraid. Be very afraid.

Old 07-02-2011, 09:44 PM

2,023 posts, read 5,310,679 times
Agenda 21 comes to mind while reading that.

Old 07-02-2011, 10:02 PM

898 posts, read 827,432 times
If our resident loony toons lefties are for it, it must be bad.

Old 07-03-2011, 04:15 AM

19,792 posts, read 13,940,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post

Your post exemplifies that there should be stricter regulations, not fewer regulations because surely the practices that you cite wouldn't stop if those regulations didn't exist.

It isn't the government forcing farmers to feed hormones to the animals, it's the farmers. Maybe there should be a regulation stopping farmers from feeding these hormones?
It isn't the government forcing air traffic controllers are asleep in the towers. It's lax regulations and enforcement. Maybe there should be more supervision?
It isn't the government forcing corporations to seek low wages in foreign lands, it's corporations. Maybe there should be a law taxing corporations that outsource?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies