Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-03-2011, 03:47 AM

316 posts, read 560,039 times

Advertisements

He was a lot more entertaining than Obama, but only because he made a fool of himself during speeches. Overall, no I do not miss him.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-03-2011, 06:24 AM

20,868 posts, read 23,547,540 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OzzyRules View Post
Yes. Right after the Democrats took control of Congress.
So you are saying that Congress is at fault for the economic meltdown? So by your logic that would also mean that Obama is not to blame for the economic crises of today, congress is, the republican controlled house and democrat controlled senate!!!!

By the way, i am glad that fool of a president and his idiot vp are long gone.

Old 07-03-2011, 07:36 AM

19,226 posts, read 15,318,165 times
George W. Bush is an evil Christian.

Old 07-03-2011, 07:50 AM

8,802 posts, read 8,896,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bchris02 View Post
George W had his problems but at least the economy was booming during his presidency and at least he supported the freedom of the American people unlike who we have in office now. Anybody else with me here?
The difference between bush and obama, well first, similarities. Both are neo-cons, but with Bush, we had a president who saw thigns true and provided concrete leadership while implementing his bad ideas. Obama is too transparent with his insecurities about his leadership and he comes across as not knowing what to do. I mean look at all the people jumping out of his administration.

Old 07-03-2011, 07:52 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,687,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bchris02 View Post
George W had his problems but at least the economy was booming during his presidency and at least he supported the freedom of the American people unlike who we have in office now. Anybody else with me here?
We can't miss him yet because as long as Obama stays incompetent regarding the jobs and economy, his supporters intend to keep Bush around to blame for everything.

Old 07-03-2011, 08:30 AM

5,546 posts, read 9,997,969 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
We can't miss him yet because as long as Obama stays incompetent regarding the jobs and economy, his supporters intend to keep Bush around to blame for everything.
Look, I voted for Obama and I am disappointed in his performance to date, with the HUGE and very important exception and accomplishment of some kind of healthcare reform which is a very big deal to people like me and the 50 million uninsured in this country. However, he is still keeping us in two wars and that is equally not ok.

Having said this, he is a LOT better than Bush who at every single turn did something to hurt the average Joe. I challenge you to find me one single thing he actually did to benefit the average Joe. In fact, I challenge anyone to find one single thing. And don't include going to war as one of those options and fightin' 'em over there so we don't have to over here. It's just dumb luck that no one has crossed our wide open border with a mini nuke.

Old 07-03-2011, 08:35 AM

24,868 posts, read 24,382,997 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mistygrl092 View Post
Look, I voted for Obama and I am disappointed in his performance to date, with the HUGE and very important exception and accomplishment of some kind of healthcare reform which is a very big deal to people like me and the 50 million uninsured in this country. However, he is still keeping us in two wars and that is equally not ok.

Having said this, he is a LOT better than Bush who at every single turn did something to hurt the average Joe. I challenge you to find me one single thing he actually did to benefit the average Joe. In fact, I challenge anyone to find one single thing. And don't include going to war as one of those options and fightin' 'em over there so we don't have to over here. It's just dumb luck that no one has crossed our wide open border with a mini nuke.
Those aren't wars. And currently we have three "military actions" ongoing.

Congress hasn't declared war since Korea.

I wouldn't say the current President is considerably better than George Bush. But honestly, thats like choosing between a hole in the head, and cutting off your arm. Neither are good choices at this point.

Old 07-03-2011, 09:47 AM

13,621 posts, read 12,729,004 times
bush was the best potus we've ever had,!!! if not for the bush we would not have the second best potus at the helm right now

Old 07-03-2011, 09:54 AM

16,294 posts, read 28,526,360 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeledaf View Post
Thank heavens for America that things are so much better now under President Obama's decisive ledership.

What a list of accomplishments:
the economy is booming
unemployment is under control
we are not involved in wars
tax cuts for the rich are gone
special favors and deregulation reversed
gays can join the military openly

Well, at least Obama has helped out one special group....
Remember the nursery rhyme about Humpty Dumpty falling off a will and all the kings horses and all the kings men couldn't put Humpty Dumpty back together again?

Dumbya dealt the fatal blow to this country with his unbounded greed and ignorance, and though still on the operating table, the patient is still dying. You don't turn 8 years of utter stupidity around in a few years, perhaps not even a few decades, if ever as the damage is not fatal it is crippling, probably until our ultimate collapse.

Old 07-03-2011, 09:59 AM

16,294 posts, read 28,526,360 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trlhiker View Post
So you are saying that Congress is at fault for the economic meltdown? So by your logic that would also mean that Obama is not to blame for the economic crises of today, congress is, the republican controlled house and democrat controlled senate!!!!

By the way, i am glad that fool of a president and his idiot vp are long gone.
His VP was not an idiot, we would be in better shape had he been an idiot. He is an evil bastard, and was the puppetmaster that played Bush like a cheap fiddle.

His allegiance was not to this country but to the industrial military complex, and big banks all run by his friends.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies