Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-02-2011, 11:16 PM

37,794 posts, read 40,990,020 times

Advertisements

Well, I see we have one on Bachmann. May as well have one on Obama. The first three are my favorites. Feel free to add your own. You can Google any one of these and find either a YouTube video or a reported story when he said them:

“In case you missed it, this week, there was a tragedy in Kansas. Ten thousand people died — an entire town destroyed.” (The actual death toll from the Kansas tornado: 12. )

"UPS and FedEx are doing just fine, right? It's the Post Office that's always having problems." – (said when trying to make the case for government-run healthcare)

"What I was suggesting -- you're absolutely right that John McCain has not talked about my Muslim faith..." -- ABC's George Stephanopoulos gently corrected him by saying "your Christian faith."

"On this Memorial Day, as our nation honors its unbroken line of fallen heroes -- and I see many of them in the audience here today -- our sense of patriotism is particularly strong."

“Now, in terms of knowing my commitments, you don’t have to just look at my words, you can look at my deeds. Just this past week, we passed out of the U.S. Senate Banking Committee, which is my committee, a bill to call for divestment from Iran, as a way of ratcheting up the pressure to ensure that they don’t obtain a nuclear weapon.” (Obama was never on the US Senate Banking Committee)

"The reforms we seek would bring greater competition, choice, savings and inefficiencies to our health care system." -- (remarks after a health care roundtable with physicians, nurses and health care providers, Washington, D.C., July 20, 2009)

"Let me be absolutely clear. Israel is a strong friend of Israel's. It will be a strong friend of Israel's under a McCain...administration. It will be a strong friend of Israel's under an Obama administration. So that policy is not going to change."

"The Middle East is obviously an issue that has plagued the region for centuries."

“I had the great honor of seeing some of you because a comrade of yours, Jared Monti, was the first person who I was able to award the Medal of Honor to who actually came back and wasn’t receiving it posthumously.” (Jared Monti died in Afghanistan during an attempted rescue of a comrade and Obama had awarded him the nation’s highest military medal at a ceremony on Sept. 17, 2009 before he said this.)

"One such translator was an American of Haitian descent, representative of the extraordinary work that our men and women in uniform do all around the world -- Navy 'Corpse-Man' Christian Brossard." (Pronounced Corpsman wrong and got the first name of the Corpsman wrong all in the same sentence - His name was Christopher.)

Told a Portland crowd that Iran doesn’t pose a serious threat to us – arguing that “tiny countries” with small defense budgets can’t do us harm– and then claimed the very next day, “I’ve made it clear for years that the threat from Iran is grave.”

"Over the last 15 months, we’ve traveled to every corner of the United States. I’ve now been in 57 states? I think one left to go. Alaska and Hawaii, I was not allowed to go to even though I really wanted to visit, but my staff would not justify it."

"It was also interesting to see that political interaction in Europe is not that different from the United States Senate. There's a lot of -- I don't know what the term is in Austrian, wheeling and dealing." (They speak German in Austria - there is no Austrian language)

"How's it going, Sunshine?" (said while campaigning in Sunrise, Florida)

"What they'll say is, 'Well it costs too much money,' but you know what? It would cost, about, it it it would cost about the same as what we would spend. It. Over the course of 10 years it would cost what it would costs us. (nervous laugh) All right. Okay. We're going to. It. It would cost us about the same as it would cost for about hold on one second. I can't hear myself. But I'm glad you're fired up, though. I'm glad."

I would have included this one but I think he actually said what he meant to say and if everyone wasn't so PC, it's actually funny:

"I bowled a 129. It's like - it was like the Special Olympics, or something."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-02-2011, 11:41 PM

6,369 posts, read 6,405,709 times
"If you like your health plan, you can keep it."

Old 07-02-2011, 11:42 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,929,215 times
I like the one on video where he's trying to explain about the ventilator/asthma inhaler.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cxxxGUeZtno

Old 07-02-2011, 11:45 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,694,120 times
I think this thread is a good place for this link. Please read the entire story; it's fairly short.

Out Of The Mouths Of Hosts, Oft Times, Come Flubs : NPR

When Mr. Halperin gets out of the punditry penalty box, I wonder if he'll be a little more understanding of politicians, from Joe Biden to Sarah Palin, who may mutter a vulgarity, get confused about a fact, or otherwise say something silly and regrettable into an open mike. As he now knows: It happens.

Old 07-02-2011, 11:59 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,929,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
I think this thread is a good place for this link. Please read the entire story; it's fairly short.

Out Of The Mouths Of Hosts, Oft Times, Come Flubs : NPR

When Mr. Halperin gets out of the punditry penalty box, I wonder if he'll be a little more understanding of politicians, from Joe Biden to Sarah Palin, who may mutter a vulgarity, get confused about a fact, or otherwise say something silly and regrettable into an open mike. As he now knows: It happens.
Yeah, tell that to the vicious, nasty Left who jump like fly on dung to EVERY single misstep and gaffe from those on the right.

Here's another;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jiRhH...eature=related

Old 07-03-2011, 12:21 AM

2,974 posts, read 1,982,996 times
..."put me down for a five on that hole"...i have no proof whatsoever but i certainly would bet on it....nyuk, nyuk, nyuk....!

Old 04-17-2012, 01:15 PM

45,542 posts, read 27,152,040 times
Another addition to the list...

Obama’s Gaffes Are His Own

Yesterday Barack Obama addressed the Summit of the Americas in Colombia and spoke about the conflict between the United Kingdom and Argentina over the Falklands. Obama seemed to tilt toward Argentina by calling the islands the “Malvinas” rather than the Falklands, which Argentina insists is their proper name.

Only Obama didn’t say Malvinas, he said Maldives–an entirely different group of islands located thousands of miles from the Falklands in the Indian Ocean:

So with one word, Obama both offended the British and made himself a laughingstock with the Latin Americans.

Old 04-17-2012, 01:35 PM

18,782 posts, read 17,352,042 times
one of my faves is still the one where he called a female reporter 'sweetie' bringing icy indignation from her on her news cast. It's so funny because here is Pres Obama, leader of the PC world, making a error that any PC 101 grad would not dream of making.

Obama - Sweetie Comment May 15 - YouTube

Old 04-17-2012, 01:48 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,253,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wutitiz View Post
one of my faves is still the one where he called a female reporter 'sweetie' bringing icy indignation from her on her news cast. It's so funny because here is Pres Obama, leader of the PC world, making a error that any PC 101 grad would not dream of making.

Obama - Sweetie Comment May 15 - YouTube
He has always performed so well off the teleprompter and this time he outdid himself.

Old 04-17-2012, 01:50 PM

10,029 posts, read 8,342,360 times

53 seconds that should end a presidency - YouTube
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies