Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-03-2011, 02:37 PM

810 posts, read 836,865 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mistygrl092 View Post
It has nothing to do with what you mention. The words "gay gene and abortion" are enough for me. I think this thread is shameworthy and it smacks of eugenics. Tell me, are conservatives for eugenics? This has nothing to do with liberalism, rather human decency and being appalled that someone would even post such a thread.
Apparently it is only you who is thinking that stuff about eugenics. Women should absolutely have every right to abort regardless of anything else. I believe what offends you about the thread is the fact that so called liberals would be against this, if women decide not to have gay babies. Remember its their CHOICE. And you talk about eugenics? Women for the most part decide who they want to mate with; tall, handsome, buff, etc, and leaving out the short, scrawny guys because you don't want children like that. Lets see how you would like it if liberals screamed at you for being too narrow with your preferences. It's basically the same thing. The only difference is that gay is a crutch subject to liberals and they can't see beyond their own hysterics.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-03-2011, 02:39 PM

8,276 posts, read 12,857,391 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AllenDullesMJ12 View Post
This would have liberals in a conundrum. A lot of women who get abortions are black, yet liberals are not decrying that fact so much since blacks are more abundant than gays. However if women were having abortions to prevent having a gay son/daughter I think they would consider that some kind of "hate crime".
no more so than a Jew or a black having an abortion. it is a personal choice, not a hate crime. For those that want to eradicate a child because some scientist thinks it may be gay should simply have their reproductive rights eliminated as they are not fit parents.

To the second post -
Fred Phelps is simply a douchbag with a great deal of nasty Karma coming his way.

Old 07-03-2011, 02:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AONE View Post
no more so than a Jew or a black having an abortion. it is a personal choice, not a hate crime. For those that want to eradicate a child because some scientist thinks it may be gay should simply have their reproductive rights eliminated as they are not fit parents.
You pretty much show how liberalism works, it's not about the individual rights of people but its contribution to the overall social agenda. That is the prime motive. Some women have abortions because they dislike children and would hate to raise one because of their crying and pooping. No liberal would bat an eye and instead scream about the rights of women. Add "gay" into the equation and all that rhetoric about women's choice regardless of morality goes down the toilet.

Old 07-03-2011, 02:55 PM

11,449 posts, read 14,464,213 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightflight View Post
So, if a genetic marker for homosexuality is discovered, how do you all think the abortion debate will change?

Just curious about others' opinions.
No abortion. Just take the children and indoctrinate them in one of Mr. Bachman's pray-the-gay-away summer camps.

Old 07-03-2011, 02:57 PM

5,546 posts, read 9,997,474 times
Quote:
Apparently it is only you who is thinking that stuff about eugenics. Women should absolutely have every right to abort regardless of anything else. I believe what offends you about the thread is the fact that so called liberals would be against this, if women decide not to have gay babies. Remember its their CHOICE. And you talk about eugenics? Women for the most part decide who they want to mate with; tall, handsome, buff, etc, and leaving out the short, scrawny guys because you don't want children like that. Lets see how you would like it if liberals screamed at you for being too narrow with your preferences. It's basically the same thing. The only difference is that gay is a crutch subject to liberals and they can't see beyond their own hysterics.
Blah, blah, blah! It has everything to do with just what I said it had to do with. Anytime someone uses X gene and abortion in the same sentence I think eugenics. The ONE exception to this would be in the case of a child who would be born into a life of suffering and hell due to severe birth defects. Think as you will. I don't really care.

I'm not gay so you can leave that out of it. Gay is no "crutch" to me anymore than is black, purple or polka dot, etc. And I am not that either.

Old 07-03-2011, 03:03 PM

Quote:
Blah, blah, blah! It has everything to do with just what I said it had to do with. Anytime someone uses X gene and abortion in the same sentence I think eugenics. The ONE exception to this would be in the case of a child who would be born into a life of suffering and hell due to severe birth defects. Think as you will. I don't really care.

I'm not gay so you can leave that out of it. Gay is no "crutch" to me anymore than is black, purple or polka dot, etc. And I am not that either.
If parents could decide their children to be born with darker skin and kinkier hair, or for them to be born athletic instead of nerdy you would not say a single negative thing about it. And it would still be eugenics.

Liberals like you are full of hypocrisy at all levels, spare me the false outrage.

Old 07-03-2011, 03:06 PM

5,546 posts, read 9,997,474 times
Quote:
If parents could decide their children to be born with darker skin and kinkier hair, or for them to be born athletic instead of nerdy you would not say a single negative thing about it. And it would still be eugenics.

Liberals like you are full of hypocrisy at all levels, spare me the false outrage.
Of course I'd have a LOT of negative things to say about it. You don't even know me, so enough of your crystal ball. Welcome to my ignore list.

Old 07-03-2011, 03:22 PM

6,993 posts, read 6,336,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightflight View Post
So, if a genetic marker for homosexuality is discovered, how do you all think the abortion debate will change?

Just curious about others' opinions.
Why do you think the debate would change? Pro choice is pro choice - it's none of my business why a woman chooses to get an abortion.

Old 07-03-2011, 03:25 PM

Quote:
Of course I'd have a LOT of negative things to say about it. You don't even know me, so enough of your crystal ball. Welcome to my ignore list.
You avoided the main point from the topic. What a surprise that a liberal wouldn't want to respond to something that nullifies their tired rhetoric, and then try to divert the discussion to eugenics. Nobody needs a crystal ball to figure out predictable liberals. I have answered the topic: It does not matter why reason a woman wants to abort, it's her choice. Even if its because she does not want gay children.

Old 07-03-2011, 04:45 PM

2,208 posts, read 1,835,631 times
Legally, it would be acceptable. However, personally, I feel that it would reek of eugenics. Just like how I support the decision to allow Westboro speak (since it is their constitutional right), I don't agree with their message.

I think the main reason would not be because the mothers hates homosexuals, but rather that possibly the mother would dislike the pain their child may endure because of societal treatment of homosexuals. If society treats homosexuals equally, FEW people would abort based on this trait.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies