Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-05-2011, 12:27 AM

29,409 posts, read 21,967,571 times

Advertisements

Get em in the octagon for the main event. Probably make a fortune.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-02-2011, 10:47 AM

7,006 posts, read 6,982,076 times
Four NYT columnists have now compared conservatives/tea partiers to terrorists within the last week. FOUR.

The New York Times, Very Upset By The "Violent" Rhetoric In Politics Just Six Months Ago, Loves Joe Biden's "Tea Party Terrorists" Talk
What makes this not just hypocritical but ironic and poorly timed is that the supposed victim of "rightwing hate speech" -- Gabby Giffords, shot down by a schizophrenic who believed grammar, which he had trouble comprehending, was a government mind-control program -- just made a triumphant return to the House, to a bipartisan ovation.

Apparently the Left, having claimed that Giffords was shot due to "superheated, violent rhetoric," has staged a large-scale, coordinated outbreak of precisely such rhetoric to, I guess, welcome her back. I guess their operating theory is that a sharp change in rhetoric -- to be less superheated and violent -- would be too big a transition for her to manage at this time, so they thought it would be a good idea to recreate the conditions which they claim led to her shooting.

Sarah

Sarah Palin destroys Joe Biden – calling Tea Party terrorists is appalling, vile and out of touch
Sarah Palin hit back at sleepy Joe Biden over his calling tea party members "terrorists." She called idiot Biden's remarks appalling, vile, and showed out of touch the Obama regime really is.

Old 08-02-2011, 11:37 AM

25,231 posts, read 16,902,306 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by renault View Post
Four NYT columnists have now compared conservatives/tea partiers to terrorists within the last week. FOUR.

The New York Times, Very Upset By The "Violent" Rhetoric In Politics Just Six Months Ago, Loves Joe Biden's "Tea Party Terrorists" Talk
What makes this not just hypocritical but ironic and poorly timed is that the supposed victim of "rightwing hate speech" -- Gabby Giffords, shot down by a schizophrenic who believed grammar, which he had trouble comprehending, was a government mind-control program -- just made a triumphant return to the House, to a bipartisan ovation.

Apparently the Left, having claimed that Giffords was shot due to "superheated, violent rhetoric," has staged a large-scale, coordinated outbreak of precisely such rhetoric to, I guess, welcome her back. I guess their operating theory is that a sharp change in rhetoric -- to be less superheated and violent -- would be too big a transition for her to manage at this time, so they thought it would be a good idea to recreate the conditions which they claim led to her shooting.
Sarah

Sarah Palin destroys Joe Biden – calling Tea Party terrorists is appalling, vile and out of touch
Sarah Palin hit back at sleepy Joe Biden over his calling tea party members "terrorists." She called idiot Biden's remarks appalling, vile, and showed out of touch the Obama regime really is.
Oh stop whining, put on your big boy pants and learn that you reap what you sow, enjoy
Casper

Old 08-02-2011, 11:40 AM

4,367 posts, read 3,477,615 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
Oh stop whining, put on your big boy pants and learn that you reap what you sow, enjoy
Casper
So you support violent rhetoric? What do you think of Obama's call for a New Tone?

Old 08-02-2011, 11:44 AM

35,879 posts, read 77,264,411 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightflight View Post
So you support violent rhetoric? What do you think of Obama's call for a New Tone?
I think it is mightily hypocritical of Obama to call for a "New Tone" when he has been the most condescending, snarky and dismissive President (towards Congressmen and Senators) that I have seen, and I am OLD.

He has continually made remarks about "the adults in the room," referring to himself and Reid and Pelosi . . . wh/ is comical, fer shur.

Amazing how this Prez is the first to throw bricks but after the dust settles, he is the first to suggest that "next time," everyone should play nice.

I keep expecting to see a camera catch him offguard and find that he is behind whatever Republican is speaking at the moment, sticking his tongue out and shaking his finger . . . like a four year old.

Old 08-02-2011, 12:15 PM

25,231 posts, read 16,902,306 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightflight View Post
I believe in giving what I receive. Didn't work and never will, the right is too far gone to deal with in a nice civil manner, they are not interested, so why should anyone else.
Casper

Old 08-02-2011, 12:42 PM

19,567 posts, read 21,838,666 times
Quote:
I believe in giving what I receive. Didn't work and never will, the right is too far gone to deal with in a nice civil manner, they are not interested, so why should anyone else.
Casper
The left better hope and pray(to Gaia of course) the violent rhetoric doesn't lead to actual violence....leftists are woefully unprepared for that.

Old 08-02-2011, 12:43 PM

4,367 posts, read 3,477,615 times
Quote:
Casper
What do you mean by "didn't work"? Was it tried? When? Right after Obama's Tuscon speech, minutes after on this board, the insults were flying. There were people here who actually praised Obama's speech and then engaged in uncivil discourse.

I call BS on your insinuation that the Left attempted ever to be civil.

Old 08-02-2011, 12:46 PM

14,317 posts, read 22,341,177 times
Default This is good

Time to kick some major GOP/Tea Party arse. Their ideology stinks and is dragging down the country.

Old 08-02-2011, 12:52 PM

4,919 posts, read 4,825,180 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by A_Lexus View Post
Time to kick some major GOP/Tea Party arse.
I see where you have posted other threads about 'slapping' someone down!
Pretty easy to do while sitting behind a keyboard huh?
Try it in the real world.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies