Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-04-2011, 01:46 PM

5,341 posts, read 6,533,941 times

Advertisements

I really doubt anyone could at this point

Barry Soetoro (a.k.a. Barack Hussein Obama) had the opportunity
to, in his words ( Hope & Change ) well there is nothing to prove
that he's even come close to this, his record and job performance
is a total embarrassment added to this his 'MISGUIDED' policies
including increasing debt, again without any positive results

His Character and his Policies WILL dictated his fate.

“If you voted for Obama in 2008 to prove you’re not a racist, you’ll need to vote for someone else in 2012 to prove you’re not an idiot.”
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-04-2011, 04:05 PM

59,300 posts, read 27,477,308 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluefly View Post
Not at all. I think the debt ceiling should be raised, as do most Dems. I just don't understand why, other than politics to gain power and help our leadership fail, the Republicans now see it as an issue after not seeing it as an issue 19 times in a row.
I am not surprised you don't see.

Obama has increased the debt way beyond what is normal. I have posted data showing the FDA got a 19.8% increase in one year. Many others got as much. There is no reason to extend the debt ceiling to cover these large increases. Normal has been around 4 to 5% increase.

Reduce the spending to 2009 levels and we won't have to raise the ceiling as much.

You want to make the argument "the repubs voted to raise the ceiling 19 times". So what? Obama voted to no on raising the ceiling. So what? Different years different times.

it's like you buy a new car for 35$k. You can afford the payments. Why didn't you buy a Rolls Royce for $150K? Because you can't afford it.

America can afford the $35k buy, not the $150k

Old 07-04-2011, 04:17 PM

6,734 posts, read 9,353,605 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
I am not surprised you don't see.

Obama has increased the debt way beyond what is normal. I have posted data showing the FDA got a 19.8% increase in one year. Many others got as much. There is no reason to extend the debt ceiling to cover these large increases. Normal has been around 4 to 5% increase.

Reduce the spending to 2009 levels and we won't have to raise the ceiling as much.

You want to make the argument "the repubs voted to raise the ceiling 19 times". So what? Obama voted to no on raising the ceiling. So what? Different years different times.

it's like you buy a new car for 35$k. You can afford the payments. Why didn't you buy a Rolls Royce for $150K? Because you can't afford it.

America can afford the $35k buy, not the $150k
America CAN afford the $150k...there's trillions in cash tied up in the banks, corporations, and the top 1% of earners in this country.

Believe me...I'M NOT CONDONING BUYING THE ROLLS ROYCE! Hell no to that! But it's a fact that this country is extremely rich and all of the money is concentrated at the top and they are not being taxed their fair share.

That being said, we must raise the debt limit to pay our PAST and present obligations.

Old 07-04-2011, 06:32 PM

2,046 posts, read 1,576,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
Or are they driven by their hatred and anger above all else?

If Obama proposes something that Republicans supported a few years ago, suddenly they're against it. If a Republican tries to work with Obama on legislation, he or she is labeled a RINO.
I don't think any American in his or her right mind should support anything Obama does!!!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies