Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-04-2011, 06:52 PM

1,258 posts, read 2,311,914 times

Advertisements

I would take a 'gay' any day over a right-wing religious nut! Religious christian-right wingers are far worse stains on humanity than anyone else!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-04-2011, 07:06 PM

38,642 posts, read 26,378,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
As is the Anti-Gay Agenda. And it's clear to see which side is winning.

Support for Legal Gay Relations Hits New High

Yep, the word parsers...

When they go back to saying "homosexual relations", the numbers will go back where they were.

Old 07-04-2011, 07:35 PM

[quote=GAisGreat;19876080]I would take a 'gay' any day over a right-wing religious nut! Religious christian-right wingers are far worse stains on humanity than anyone else!!![/quote

Really?

Why is that?

(remember to back up all your slanderous accusations with proof)

Old 07-04-2011, 07:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
Hey OP...what are you saying? That the gay teen suicides are not meeting their quotas? I'm sure that that is a great comfort to the family members of the gay teens that actually have taken their lives.

Are you saying the lives of gay teens are worth more because they belong to a special group?

Do the lives of straight kids not matter in your world?

Old 07-04-2011, 07:50 PM

5,546 posts, read 9,999,979 times
Well, I'm not gay, nor am I a right winger, nor am I a Christian. But if the data IS faulty and has been refuted by better and newer data, then I must say the OP is correct in pointing this out.

Old 07-04-2011, 08:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BVitamin View Post
This is intellectually dishonest. You brought the proposition, you need to provide substantial evidence for that proposition.

In bold, you only brought up one study, which by the way needs to be bought. Did you buy it? I highly doubt that you did. This is like saying, "I can prove the existence of God. It's all in this book ... for 20$." Let's say you did buy the actual study, can you cite the actual data?

So the same thing could be said of your "claim", if other studies exist to show what you're claiming than surely it would be available. Like I said before, bring more substantial evidence than we can actually proceed to discuss it. I'm not going to continue this run-around, trying to pry something more substantial from you.

All you've manage to show is a false critera and then proceeded to argumentum ad ignorantiam (shifting the burden of proof), and argue from ignorance; all fallacies. Intellectual dishonesty.

Fallacy, burden of proof is on you. Continuing in this dishonesty is a detriment to you.

Can you properly cite the statistics given in the source?

In bold, peer reviewed? Sources.

Your OP, is really sloppy in presenting anything of substance. Whether it's true or not is still a claim that needs proof.

Believe it or not, this issue, like all gay issues has been distorted by those with an agenda on both sides. As a result, unbiased and recent studies are difficult to come by. As for peer review, I don't expect any more objective analysis of gay studies than AGW studies.

Old 07-04-2011, 08:20 PM

15,395 posts, read 22,525,635 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mistygrl092 View Post
Well, I'm not gay, nor am I a right winger, nor am I a Christian. But if the data IS faulty and has been refuted by better and newer data, then I must say the OP is correct in pointing this out.
The OP and other gay obsessed posters have an obvious agenda against gays....plain and simple FACT!!!!!

As others have posted.........to use gay suicides to further one's twisted and frankly nauseating hate agenda is repulsive and it's obvious some folks revel in hatred and negativity........I have no time to respond to the "dregs of humanity".

Now here is some scientific and unbiased data!

Suicide among LGBT youth - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

United States Government studies>>>>>

http://www.sprc.org/library/SPRC_LGBT_Youth.pdf

http://www.eric.ed.gov/PDFS/ED334503.pdf (broken link)

More links>>>>>

Youth suicide risk and sexual orientation - Statistical Data Included | Adolescence | Find Articles at BNET

Suicide of Gay, Lesbian, Bisexual Youth

Suicidal Signs | The Trevor Project (http://www.thetrevorproject.org/suicide-resources/suicidal-signs - broken link)

And for those needing help after reading these disgusting threads>>>>>

About Trevor | The Trevor Project

Old 07-04-2011, 08:26 PM

204 posts, read 201,111 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbcmh81 View Post
You do realize that you haven't actually countered anything I just posted, right? You're simply repeating the claim and going about trashing the integrity of homosexuals and their supporters. Not to mention that you attempt to proclaim any evidence against your claim as biased propaganda before any is even given. Essentially, you cut yourself off from honest debate before it could even begin. I suspect you have some level of intelligence. It's a shame you are using it in such a destructive way that only causes pain and hardship to others. Truly, I would think, as a self-proclaimed Christian, you would be against that.
I am prepared to discuss the matter with any who possess the study. I cannot, however, assist anyone in acquiring the Williams study. It really is that simple. In short, Christianity, for me, is belief in the Father, Son and Holy Spirt, and in the finished work of Jesus Christ, which entitles me to forgiveness for sinful rebellion against God, gives access to his Grace, and allows entrance into His kingdom. Beyond that, I know that I do not conduct my life perfectly every hour of the day, and there is a continual need for forgiveness. However, I would not characterize Jesus nor what he represented as simply being 'nice', therefore my comments are not to "trash the integrity of homosexuals", but to expose certain deceptive aspects associated with what I perceive to be an agenda.

Your post in response to AeroGuyDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbcmh81 View Post
On the other side of the coin, you have someone like Pennsylvania, who uses gay suicide to imply, quite obviously, that gays do not suffer from the level of discrimination/intolerance that a high rate would indicate. This would lend support to the idea that gays do not have it all that bad, and certainly no worse than anyone else, legitimizing the push against equality and anti-discriminatory legislation. In effect, it's all about using the rates to rationalize personal intolerance and doesn't address the issue of suicide at all. It's an entirely selfish position.
I have not claimed that homosexuals do not suffer. I am in no way, justifying bullying, or any type of harassment. Policies begun, not by the majority of homosexuals, but by those who have represented them, have caused them to be portrayed as desperate and underhanded.

Issues such as Child indoctrination, Homosexual Teen suicide, and government supported anti-bullying policies, have not been handled in a manner that I would call reflective of integrity.

All teens have problems, some worse than others. Children can be very cruel, even at a very young age, causing emotional scarring not easily healed. I do not deny this fact. But, facts are facts, and false data is false data. If homosexuals, and the parents of homosexual teens, wish for this issue to be examined seriously, with a focus purely on 'teen suicide prevention', then have them stop tipping the scales to make it appear as though only homosexual teens are experiencing mistreatment, and harassment. Develop 'real' suicide prevention programs which will accurately reflect recognition of student diversity without bias.

Last edited by Green Irish Eyes; 07-04-2011 at 10:12 PM.. Reason: Edited out reference to deleted post

Old 07-04-2011, 08:34 PM

5,546 posts, read 9,999,979 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PITTSTON2SARASOTA View Post
The OP and other gay obsessed posters have an obvious agenda against gays....plain and simple FACT!!!!!

As others have posted.........to use gay suicides to further one's twisted and frankly nauseating hate agenda is repulsive and it's obvious some folks revel in hatred and negativity........I have no time to respond to the "dregs of humanity".

Now here is some scientific and unbiased data!

Suicide among LGBT youth - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

United States Government studies>>>>>

http://www.sprc.org/library/SPRC_LGBT_Youth.pdf

http://www.eric.ed.gov/PDFS/ED334503.pdf (broken link)

More links>>>>>

Youth suicide risk and sexual orientation - Statistical Data Included | Adolescence | Find Articles at BNET

Suicide of Gay, Lesbian, Bisexual Youth

Suicidal Signs | The Trevor Project (http://www.thetrevorproject.org/suicide-resources/suicidal-signs - broken link)

And for those needing help after reading these disgusting threads>>>>>

About Trevor | The Trevor Project
Thanks for all your links. I will read them and I hope the others take the time to do so as well.

Having said this, I would hope that neither the gay haters or those who support gay issues would use suicide as a way to advance any agenda -- other than to prevent suicides and that goes beyond just gay teens, but extends to the entire population.

We're all human and we all have different tipping points. From the gay teen who feels like an outsider and not accepted to the 99er who is 60 who is unemployed and has very little hope - I believe the focus should be on making sure people have adequate mental health resources available so that no one even gets to the point of contemplating suicide. JMHO.

Old 07-04-2011, 09:15 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,670,280 times
It wouldn't matter if 10,000 gays were killing themselves every year. The anti-gay crowd would speak out against anyone who tries to defend gays. They've been whining about the "gay agenda" for decades. I think they're usually best ignored. They're a bunch of cranks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies