Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-03-2011, 03:18 PM

15,912 posts, read 20,201,643 times

Advertisements

Talk about progressive liberals trying to dictate what is good for everyone else this green group in Germany shows us just how much they want to intrude on people's lives:

Quote:
Germany's Green Party is worried about the health of their countrymen. But this time they aren't concerned about typical environmentalist causes like nuclear radiation or pesticides in food. Instead, their latest fears regard the potential health hazards of sex toys.

Now a group of 10 Green Party members of the German parliament, the Bundestag, are demanding that the government take action. They have drawn up a paper entitled "Sexual Health as a Consumer Protection Issue."
Safer Sex: Greens Warn against Dangerous Dildos - SPIEGEL ONLINE - News - International

So today it's cigarettes, seat belts, commodes, groping by government stooges and Big Mac's......

Now it seems people want to dictate some aspects of people's private sex lives.

Can anyone tell me why we allow progressive liberals to dictate how we live our lives?

I sure hope no-one in California reads this, might give them idea's.....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-03-2011, 03:29 PM

5,546 posts, read 10,001,241 times
Gotta hand it to those Europeans. They'll broach subjects that Americans just won't touch.

Old 07-03-2011, 03:31 PM

17,531 posts, read 24,701,378 times
The Germans are eating our lunch, that's why the3y come here looking for cheap labor. Welcome to the Third World

Old 07-03-2011, 03:37 PM

2,514 posts, read 1,987,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boompa View Post
The Germans are eating our lunch, that's why the3y come here looking for cheap labor. Welcome to the Third World
The only reason we think we are rich is the way over valuation of the $USD

Old 07-03-2011, 03:39 PM

5,546 posts, read 10,001,241 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boompa View Post
Yeah, well, if America is lucky and has a second chance, they will learn the lesson the Germans did in WWII and in another sixty or seventy years emerge strong again.

Oh, and I suppose I should address the OP. So what. They're obviously in a stronger and smarter position than we are now, so maybe we should take a few tips from them, huh?

Old 07-03-2011, 03:41 PM

38,643 posts, read 26,384,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newonecoming2 View Post

Over valuation of the dollar?

Old 07-03-2011, 03:42 PM

17,531 posts, read 24,701,378 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mistygrl092 View Post
Yeah, well, if America is lucky and has a second chance, they will learn the lesson the Germans did in WWII and in another sixty or seventy years emerge strong again.

Oh, and I suppose I should address the OP. So what. They're obviously in a stronger and smarter position than we are now, so maybe we should take a few tips from them, huh?
If wages keep falling we are headed for the Third World while the Politicians and Money Lenders gorge themselves

Old 07-03-2011, 03:43 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,274,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newonecoming2 View Post
Overvaluation of the USD? I read the words of an Aussie the other day in which he said not long ago he could trade one dollar if his money for 50 cents US and now he can get 1.01 American for 1.00 dollar Aussie. Does that say that our money is overvalued since the printing presses are running full force?

Old 07-03-2011, 03:44 PM

38,643 posts, read 26,384,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mistygrl092 View Post
Gotta hand it to those Europeans. They'll broach subjects that Americans just won't touch.

Yeah, whatever...

They still haven't invented the didlo that kills spiders.

Old 07-03-2011, 03:44 PM

46,963 posts, read 25,998,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by plwhit View Post
Now it seems people want to dictate some aspects of people's private sex lives.

Can anyone tell me why we allow progressive liberals to dictate how we live our lives?

I sure hope no-one in California reads this, might give them idea's.....
California? Try Alabama, that notorious hotbed of left-wing liberal activism. Alabama's legislature passed a law making it a crime to exchange "any device designed or marketed as useful primarily for the stimulation of human genital organs for anything of pecuniary value". When was this passed? 1948? 1958, perhaps? Nope, 1998. And it was being upheld as late as 2009.

Courts Divide Over the Constitutionality of Sex Toy Bans

When it comes to dictating "aspects of people's private sex lives", the God-fearing right-wingers are way ahead.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies