Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-04-2011, 09:28 PM

25,021 posts, read 27,938,262 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frozenyo View Post
It's a day I get paid not to go to work and do whatever the hell i want to do.
And liberals whine that conservatives always call them out on their anti-American stances.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-04-2011, 09:30 PM

1,337 posts, read 1,523,004 times
I would like to take this opportunity on this Fourth of July to thank Christopher Columbus for sailing over on the Niña with his fellow Scottish heroic sea Captain, John Paul Jones who together landed on the shores of Pennsylvania on Plymouth Rock, whereupon they were met by a savage band of Indians who raided both ships. During this famous engagement, Captain Jones uttered the famous words, "I have not yet begun to fight," to the Indian-Chief. And so he did. And from there, our history sprang, with the Declaration of Independence being signed on that famous day.

Last edited by FreedomThroughAnarchism; 07-04-2011 at 10:49 PM..

Old 07-04-2011, 09:46 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,274,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post

pathethic really

Read this: Declaration of Independence

it still applies today even if you are so self-involved you can only think of the inconvenience to yourself and your cat.
Okay, now let me make many of you downright mad. The Declaration of Independence may be something really special to many of us but to the world back in 1776 I think more people saw it as nothing more than a high sounding reason for rebellion. Actually that is what the latter parts of it amounted to. They were telling the world that their rebellion against Great Britain would be for all the mistreatment by the King's government.

Now that I have made so many unhappy with those words let me say that I am sure that those people showing their ignorance on that beach got that way because nobody told them about what the day is to celebrate in school. My son who is 30 says he doesn't remember anything much other than knowing when it happened beginning somewhere in school. He would remember, if I hadn't been kicked out of the school for telling the Superintendent how to do his job, he would have known the day and time I pounded it into his head as that was my subject.

The other day our OP hinted at the fact the progressives have already stopped teaching things like this and it is as true as all hell.

Old 07-04-2011, 09:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
You wouldn't last long in my neighborhood. About an hour till the show starts.
The Chick should have been living in my part of Kansas this year. We have been so dry that out city and county forbid the shooting of fireworks except for the softball diamonds between the hours of 6pm and 10 pm on July 3 and 4th and it was very peaceful. Better yet, the city didn't have their big show at the city lake for the first time in many years. I am going to do my anti-rain dance days running next year.

Old 07-04-2011, 09:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
BOMB'S!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That is some of the funniest crap I have heard lately...

Fireworks are now BOMB'S...........
Some of those things they have these days are at least as loud as that. Last year I went out into the street and told some kids that the big ones would be saved for another day when it wasn't so late (10 pm) I told them that there are a number of old people in this part of town, (I was 77 then) who go to bed early to get a night's sleep and they stopped for over an hour.

Old 07-04-2011, 09:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frozenyo View Post
It's a day I get paid not to go to work and do whatever the hell i want to do.
Come on, you weren't really on that beach today. Were you?

Old 07-04-2011, 10:10 PM

9,101 posts, read 16,459,190 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post

pathethic really

Read this: Declaration of Independence

it still applies today even if you are so self-involved you can only think of the inconvenience to yourself and your cat.
In the spirit of the Declaration of Independence where it says in the 2nd PP

".... But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same Object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, ...."

Today Congressman Ron Paul said in his "Texas Straight Talk" update that he will be introducing the "American Traveler Dignity Act" which would make it illegal to continue nuking and groping Americans.

I think the news about the 95 year old lady with cancer who the TSA insisted had to remove her diapers combined with the fact that they let a Nigerian practically sail through security with a stolen boarding pass and a fake ID with little more than questioning was the last straw for Dr. Paul. He says we have not gotten security from the TSA -- only abuse and it is time it stops!

Old 07-04-2011, 10:13 PM

22,662 posts, read 24,605,343 times
Means very little to me, I just live here. I see this country as very crooked and insane......but go ahead and light off your fireworks and get drunk anyways.

Old 07-04-2011, 10:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tickyul View Post
Means very little to me, I just live here. I see this country as very crooked and insane......but go ahead and light off your fireworks and get drunk anyways.
Were you on that beach getting interviewed?

Old 07-05-2011, 12:33 AM

29,407 posts, read 22,009,955 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
The Chick should have been living in my part of Kansas this year. We have been so dry that out city and county forbid the shooting of fireworks except for the softball diamonds between the hours of 6pm and 10 pm on July 3 and 4th and it was very peaceful. Better yet, the city didn't have their big show at the city lake for the first time in many years. I am going to do my anti-rain dance days running next year.
We had some kids posted at the corners coming into the neighborhood with walkie talkies to let us know if the cops come rolling around. They were being azzholes last year. We got one and he turned our way and folks scattered like roaches when the lights came on and garage doors slammed shut. Was like a ghost town when the cop car rolled by. Funnier than hell. I had my video cam ready to record the next alert but never got one.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies