Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-05-2011, 02:15 PM

1,943 posts, read 3,338,121 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiyero View Post
In other words you have no idea what you're talking about, and we'll stick to Hammer's well evidenced response to indicate that gays have suffered a lot, including being executed for being gay.
In the United States gays have never been enslaved and segregated. I really don't understand how people say gays have had it worse, as a bisexual black male I've been persecurted more for my race than my sexuality.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-05-2011, 02:15 PM

14,917 posts, read 13,099,924 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CincyIU29 View Post
Private institutions make private rules.

End of story.

If you're gay go to gay friendly church.
Yep

Old 07-05-2011, 02:16 PM

6,484 posts, read 6,616,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiyero View Post
The government is designed to look out for the needs of the minority. That's why we have a Constitutional Republic and not a direct Democracy.
I don't question that. I question why the poster I responded to had the impression that the government existed to serve his particular wishes. They are no more valid than anyone else's wishes, and certainly aren't about equal rights.

Old 07-05-2011, 02:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calvinist View Post
I don't question that. I question why the poster I responded to had the impression that the government existed to serve his particular wishes. They are no more valid than anyone else's wishes, and certainly aren't about equal rights.
Then what are they about?

Old 07-05-2011, 02:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by theother View Post
In the United States gays have never been enslaved and segregated. I really don't understand how people say gays have had it worse, as a bisexual black male I've been persecurted more for my race than my sexuality.
Like I said. Blacks were enslaved in the US from 1619 to 1865 - horrible mistreatment. Over the same time period, the punishment for being a homosexual in America was execution (although the last known execution for being homosexual was conducted in California in 1802 I believe - after that more mercy was shown and we were just imprisoned for long periods of time and/or castrated) - horrible mistreatment. Of course, gays can hide their gayness much more easily than blacks can hide their black skin, but that choice forces gay people to deny their humanity and live a lie (or else be executed): basically live a life not worth living - horrible mistreatment.

It's all horrible mistreatment and horribly immoral. What's the point in arguing back and forth over who got it the worst?

Old 07-05-2011, 02:26 PM

800 posts, read 781,126 times
What I find interesting are gays the first to cry for the seperation of church to not be involved state in order to get married.

But then want the state to get involved in the church so they can go to the church

Old 07-05-2011, 02:29 PM

25,947 posts, read 24,742,791 times
Judging from the way the current pope speaks, he is gay himself...

Old 07-05-2011, 02:31 PM

1,943 posts, read 3,338,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hammertime33 View Post
Like I said. Blacks were enslaved in the US from 1619 to 1865 - horrible mistreatment. Over the same time period, the punishment for being a homosexual in America was execution (although the last known execution for being homosexual was conducted in California in 1802 I believe - after that more mercy was shown and we were just imprisoned for long periods of time and/or castrated) - horrible mistreatment. Of course, gays can hide their gayness much more easily than blacks can hide their black skin, but that choice forces gay people to deny their humanity and live a lie (or else be executed): basically live a life not worth living - horrible mistreatment.

It's all horrible mistreatment and horribly immoral. What's the point in arguing back and forth over who got it the worst?

Yes true very horrible..but what would be the need to compare the two?

Old 07-05-2011, 02:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CincyIU29 View Post
What I find interesting are gays the first to cry for the seperation of church to not be involved state in order to get married.

But then want the state to get involved in the church so they can go to the church

I've never met one single gay person (or straight person for that matter) who wants this.

Old 07-05-2011, 02:32 PM

78,409 posts, read 60,579,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hammertime33 View Post

To quote Wanda Sykes (you tube her stand up routine)...."I had to come out gay. No one ever has to come out black...." Funny woman with a lot of interesting insights.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies