Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Poll Removed
0 0%
Voters: 0. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-05-2011, 05:49 PM

15,088 posts, read 13,449,172 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
I largely avoided most of the trial frenzy but from what I saw, I would say it's very despicable. Casey Anthony was effectively being tried in the media as well and it seemed like the media wanted to issue a guilty verdict for her. And what of the people? The people had this very dangerous mindset of guilty before innocent. [MOD CUT]
Nice post! While I think that she may have been guilty, I understand and respect why the burden of proof is set high - "beyond a reasonable doubt" - before we sentence a man or woman to death. No system is perfect, but I'd rather have a system that errs on the side of caution than one like China where one or a few guys can unilaterally decide in 15 minutes if they want to kill you based on whatever/however they feel.

And I agree with you - the media circus on this was beyond ridiculous. It illustrates the same silly herd mentality one sees daily on this forum.

Last edited by Ibginnie; 07-06-2011 at 03:44 PM.. Reason: edited quoted post
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

1,384 posts, read 2,346,581 times
Quote:
I have a feeling you're trying to be smart but I'll play. Circumstantial evidence is universally believed to be non-hard evidence that does not beyond a reasonable doubt many times, to tie someone to a crime scene. Hard substantiated proof like DNA evidence, is not circumstantial by the conventional definition

I think you need to read up on the definition of circumstantial evidence if this is what you believe before we can continue this conversation.

4,070 posts, read 5,605,929 times
Awesome! Someone got away with murder! Yay for our great justice system!

Anyone that thinks this is a good day for our justice system is a fool...

Old 07-05-2011, 05:50 PM

1,479 posts, read 1,229,057 times
Karma will take care of Ms. Anthony, just like it did to OJ.

Old 07-05-2011, 05:51 PM

25,021 posts, read 27,930,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ambient View Post
Nice post! While I think that she may have been guilty, I understand and respect why the burden of proof is set high - "beyond a reasonable doubt" - before we sentence a man or woman to death. No system is perfect, but I'd rather have a system that errs on the side of caution than one like China where one or a few guys can unilaterally decide in 15 minutes if they want to kill you based on whatever/however they feel.

And I agree with you - the media circus on this was beyond ridiculous. It illustrates the same silly herd mentality one sees daily on this forum.
It's quite firghtening actually, that there are people on this forum that would rather convict on a whim. What's also equally as scary is that the mob in this trial and forum seem to think that it's better to automatically presume someone guilty without hard proof. All tyrannical countries have a criminal justice system based on guilty until proven innocent.

[MOD CUT]

Last edited by Ibginnie; 07-06-2011 at 03:46 PM.. Reason: Deleted quoted post and response

Old 07-05-2011, 05:53 PM

3,791 posts, read 8,899,490 times
HLN says the death threats are pouring in. I can't believe I am tuning in to see what looney-tune Grace will say in a few mins.

Old 07-05-2011, 05:54 PM

5,528 posts, read 7,492,893 times
Those jurors must've gotten paid big money to make that decision.

Old 07-05-2011, 05:55 PM

8,346 posts, read 7,043,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JackTheRipper View Post
Those jurors must've gotten paid big money to make that decision.
Or they made the correct decision based upon lack of evidence.

Old 07-05-2011, 05:55 PM

4,070 posts, read 5,605,929 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phantasy Tokoro View Post
Blame the incompetent prosecution, and not the justice system.
Prosecutors are part of the justice system.

Old 07-05-2011, 05:56 PM

12,867 posts, read 14,912,825 times
Quote:
It's quite firghtening actually, that there are people on this forum that would rather convict on a whim. What's also equally as scary is that the mob in this trial and forum seem to think that it's better to automatically presume someone guilty without hard proof. All tyrannical countries have a criminal justice system based on guilty until proven innocent.
why don't you try a little common sense in this situation?

the defense said that the baby drowned in the anthony pool. the baby was eventually found (no thanks to the family) covered in duct tape around her little mouth in the woods not far from the house. the body was NOT turned in by a family member.

WHO DOES THAT IN AN ACCIDENT? DUH!

and of course we know that none of this is true from the jailhouse conversations with the parents, so we are starting with a lie. the jury convicts her of lying, but not murder. how nutty is that? why would she lie if she didn't commit the murder-innocent people don't need to lie.

i swear some people would have to see the actual video of the murder before they could commit to the fact that it was a murder-and, even then, there would be someone arguing that the film was doctored.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies