Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Poll Removed
0 0%
Voters: 0. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-05-2011, 09:57 PM

1,677 posts, read 1,662,835 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by valerie d View Post
Proof? Duct tape from the garage on the baby's face. Proof? 30 days of lies and deceipt about her whereabouts why? Proof? The smell of death in the trunk of her car?
The prosecution failed to prove that she is guilty of the first degree murder charge. This has been repeated to you many times so I think it's safe to assume you are incapable of grasping this.

Quote:
This is not just a trial of the guilt of a narcissistic hedonistic little mal content whom is representative of much of society today.
You are trying to convict her based on her character, or lack thereof. Bad character is not proof of first degree murder, and neither is your gut feeling.

Quote:
This is the face of evil and the misguided liberal progressive system that discounts common sense for vagueries of secular humanism. this is the face of evil and it is the face of America.
You are just as irrational as some of the neoprogs you are complaining about.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-05-2011, 09:58 PM

12,770 posts, read 11,517,919 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
I dind't follow it either but based on a couple stories I read, the prosecution tried to tie her to the alleged murder on circumstantial evidence and emotion, no hard proof at all. The media bought into it, so did the general public, but the defense managed to expose cracks in the prosecution's "evidence" and the jury felt that she was not guilty beyond a reasonable doubt
You take a case as you find it. In this case, the evidence was circumstantial, but that does not mean it was any less convincing. I don't know why you would start a thread on a case that you didn't even follow.

Old 07-05-2011, 09:59 PM

19,226 posts, read 15,261,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kentuckydad95 View Post
To the unhinged, Nancy Grace lovers, etc, you do know that Casey will probably walk come Thursday. And no matter how much you whine, scream, cry, moan, etc, nothing will change that. One of the talking-heads on the news was correct this evening when he said that not every court case will have the outcome people want/expect. That's the way our justice system works. My advice? Turn off Nancy Grace.
Yeah but, wouldn't it save the taxpayers a lot of time and money to just put such cases on a roulette wheel?

Things just keep getting dumber and dumber.

Old 07-05-2011, 10:00 PM

1,652 posts, read 2,536,994 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by claudhopper View Post
WRONG, it's beyond a REASONABLE doubt, and they accomplished that. I think the prosecution did an outstanding job. I will forever blame the jury - who are too cowardly to face the public.
Apparently they didn't.

Don't blame the jury, they followed the letter of the law and did their civic duty at great personal expense. Blame the Prosecutors who couldn't prove—beyond a reasonable doubt—to this jury—that Casey killed her daughter.

Old 07-05-2011, 10:04 PM

12,770 posts, read 11,517,919 times
Quote:
To the unhinged, Nancy Grace lovers, etc, you do know that Casey will probably walk come Thursday. And no matter how much you whine, scream, cry, moan, etc, nothing will change that. One of the talking-heads on the news was correct this evening when he said that not every court case will have the outcome people want/expect. That's the way our justice system works. My advice? Turn off Nancy Grace.
Naa, we're going to finish this thing to the end. The family dynamics are going to be interesting, when this liar returns to the nest, after throwing them all overboard. What really bothers me at this point, is the amount of security Florida taxpayers get to pay for, at the Anthony home. There are at least 3 squad cars, 2 atv's in the back, and an entire side of the street blocked off. Why wouldn't one cop cruising the neighborhood be enough? Better yet, let them hire their own damn security.

Old 07-05-2011, 10:04 PM

Quote:
Maybe Nancy Grace will go after Casey personally, and claw her face off.

Or, at least claw an effigy, daily.

I wonder if that would be slander.

That's it! Casey planned all along to share defamation proceeds with her new slander lawyer, the prosecutor that retired today.

Coincidence?

Last edited by ergohead; 07-05-2011 at 10:26 PM..

Old 07-05-2011, 10:10 PM

Quote:
You take a case as you find it. In this case, the evidence was circumstantial, but that does not mean it was any less convincing. I don't know why you would start a thread on a case that you didn't even follow.
The evidence says that she didn't report her kid missing for over a month.

That's not circumstantial, unless the mother was trapped at the bottom of a mine.

I've always suspected there was something wrong with our law schools.

Old 07-05-2011, 10:12 PM

3,791 posts, read 8,869,439 times
You can thank Nancy Grace for costing the taxpayers of Florida extra money for security. If it weren't for her blowing this case up nationally, not many people would really care.

Old 07-05-2011, 10:12 PM

25,024 posts, read 27,809,634 times
Quote:
I'm commenting on the media frenzy surrounding the case, and the subsequent herd mentality of a lot of people. I don't care for the facts of the case, the only thing that bothered me was that so many in the media were already declaring her guilty. You don't try cases in the media, you try it in the courtroom, in front of a judge and jury.

Old 07-05-2011, 10:14 PM

170 posts, read 397,994 times
Well, I hope Dexter Morgan can take care of business.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies