Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Poll Removed
0 0%
Voters: 0. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-05-2011, 10:36 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,856,573 times

Advertisements

It was her charm personality that did it. It charmed the guy who was interviewed and thought she was innocent that later shot the finger at the prosecutorr and was sentence by the judge to like 6 days and 400 dollar fine.Kind of a Jerry Springer trial that reminds one of old carnival freak shows.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-05-2011, 10:38 PM

29,218 posts, read 22,361,490 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by highcotton View Post
So, there's been a death or murder and the state of Florida has not found out 'how' she died, 'when' she died, or 'who' killed her. Will the state re-open the case and find out 'how', 'when' and 'who'? Nope.....
Not unless another suspect emerges. Double indemnity prevents Casey from being tried again on any of the major charges.

Old 07-05-2011, 10:45 PM

78 posts, read 181,965 times
Default Why people are mad at the verdict of Casey Anthony's case ?

I don't know why many people are mad at the verdict of Casey Anthony's case, who was a suspected murderer of only one child. Meanwhile, there are many US soldiers overseas who have murdered tens of children with cold blood are not facing a trail ! In fact they are treated as hero !!!

Last edited by unknown-man; 07-05-2011 at 11:41 PM..

Old 07-05-2011, 10:46 PM

15,080 posts, read 20,474,184 times
I'm not upset.

[shrug]

Old 07-05-2011, 10:47 PM

5,513 posts, read 5,240,443 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reconmark View Post
I saw no difference between this and the O.J. trail. No matter what we believed or heard, we could only rely on the clean evidence provided and hold the burden of proof on the prosecutors.

If the prosecutors don't prove guilt "beyond a reasonable doubt" then the jurors MUST return a not guilty verdict.
Unfortunately, we are so busy incarcerating people for drug offenses (which can be easily "proved"), that we have very little focus on bringing justice for the REAL crimes committed.

While it seems like such a clever idea that we let 99 guilty people go, in order to ensure that 1 person won't be incarcerated by mistake, it is actually a disastrous approach to justice. It means that most of us will be victims of crime in our lives, probably many times. Defense lawyers get highly paid to get their clients off, even if they are GUILTY. A client can lie outrageously to the police, then get off because the jury was "confused" and couldn't come to a decision.

As usual, we tax ourselves to extremes to create a huge and onerous government specifically to "enforce the laws" and regulate society. And also as usual, government manages to be massively obtrusive and incredibly expensive, while NOT doing the few things it SHOULD be doing.

We seem to be in a New Dark Ages of overly-large government, intellectually challenged citizens, and the collapse of common sense. Inexperienced community organizers get to run the nation. The Justice System serves the Drug War and massive expansion of government power, will leaving citizens open to victimization by criminals.

Since government has pretty much failed in every way it is possible to fail, the case is pretty clear that we would be much better off to simply dismantle it and deal with things on a personal level. Obviously giving it total power, and total access to all the money in the economy, has turned out to be a disaster of epic proportions.

Libertarian nation, prepare to be born. The current system will be collapsing from the weight of its own stupidity in the next few years.

Old 07-05-2011, 10:48 PM

27,624 posts, read 21,125,541 times
The one consolation is that Ms. Anthony will always be looked upon and thought of as a sociopath that killed her child. Her name will be synonymous with "Typhoid Mary". No one ever looked at OJ the same even after he was acquitted. Casey Anthony is very likely to screw up again down the road just as OJ did, but hopefully it will not involve another child.

Old 07-05-2011, 10:49 PM

11,449 posts, read 14,466,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chattypatty View Post
I just pray to God I never need a jury to deliver justice for me, because there are too many stupid jurors in this country. The woman is guilty. She's a sociopath. Someone needs to answer the question of why duct tape is found over the face of a supposed drowning victim. Someone needs to answer the question of why the mother seemed jubilant after the murder of her toddler.
I'd argue the opposite. The last thing I'd want is some jury to convict me based solely on an emotional argument.

The burden of proof is on the prosecution and they resorted to character assassination and losers like Nancy Grace to create opinions at home. They had nothing but circumstantial evidence and character defamation. We already have enough people getting sent to prison on that already, I don't encourage more.

Old 07-05-2011, 10:51 PM

8,560 posts, read 11,213,816 times
https://nooneofanyimport.wordpress.c...hony-opinions/

Quote:
That fact is proof that the system is still working.

We should be more alarmed about an unchecked prosecuting government than an unhinged partying woman who may have killed her own child.

Cold? Maybe. But it’s cold comfort for the innocent whom the state still managed to wrongfully convict, even under the “reasonable doubt” standard.

Which is worse? The guilty going free, or the innocent getting convicted? As a liberty lover with a healthy suspicion of state power, I say: the innocent getting convicted.

Old 07-05-2011, 10:52 PM

9,394 posts, read 15,691,376 times
Because the media convinced them that Anthony was on the level of Hussein and bin Laden. I feel for poor Caylee and I hope that her murderer somehow gets what's coming to them. But Casey Anthony was dragged through a media circus, the prosecution did a bad job and ultimately in the eyes of Lady Justice she is not guilty. The system worked as intended.

And yeah plenty of kids go missing or are killed all the time. Hell just this weekend a 4 year old was shot in Baltimore on the 4th of July.

Old 07-05-2011, 10:52 PM

3,335 posts, read 2,659,924 times
Thumbs up So true.....Well put....I am heartened by the verdict.

Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
I largely avoided most of the trial frenzy but from what I saw, I would say it's very despicable. Casey Anthony was effectively being tried in the media as well and it seemed like the media wanted to issue a guilty verdict for her. And what of the people? The people had this very dangerous mindset of guilty before innocent. To me, it shows of why we need an Electoral College for our elections, and why direct democracy is bad, dangerous, and will result in mob rule. The Founders were right when they said that the people will be subject to the whims and thoughts of society and it will intervere with fair, effective governance. This trial proved to me, that society at large, still is subject to those same whims that the Founders talked about. I'm very glad we have the Electoral College and that we're a representative democracy. Whatever you feel about the verdict, the fact that the prosecution tried to prosecute based on emotion and gut feeling is very unprofessional and tyrannical
With NO proof...you must turn loose!

I was appalled and angered that Nancy Dis-Grace...and many other in-human, in-decent TV and Radio commentators attacked Casey Anthony....and tried her and found her guilty in the streets, etc. of America.

But...Not in the court room...where it counted. I don't know what happened to little Caylee....but Casey could not be proven to have killed her daughter. So, WELL DONE....Jurors of Orlando....BRAVO to the Justice System...Finally.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies