Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Poll Removed
0 0%
Voters: 0. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-05-2011, 11:11 PM

27,624 posts, read 21,120,803 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChocLot View Post
This is what passes for an attractive woman these days?....How sad. She's average.
Yes, the bar not only has been lowered, but it is touching the ground. Just to get off topic for a second...I admire Meryl Streep as an actress, but I'd cringe a bit when I'd hear her referred to as beautiful...NOT!!! People also call Jennifer Lopez beautiful...double NOT!!! Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, but if they depended on me to base my guilty or not guilty verdict on Casey Anthony's looks, she's be on her way to the gallows.

Amanda Knox made an attractive defendant, but it did not do her too much good.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-05-2011, 11:15 PM

15,080 posts, read 20,470,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by unknown-man View Post
What I meant by "those who have murdered tens of children in a cold blood and they are treated as hero" are the US soldiers overseas.
I got it the first time.

[still not upset]

Old 07-05-2011, 11:17 PM

12,770 posts, read 11,562,431 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLCPUNK View Post
I'd argue the opposite. The last thing I'd want is some jury to convict me based solely on an emotional argument.

The burden of proof is on the prosecution and they resorted to character assassination and losers like Nancy Grace to create opinions at home. They had nothing but circumstantial evidence and character defamation. We already have enough people getting sent to prison on that already, I don't encourage more.
character defamation? who's? Surely your not talking about Casey's character - she has none, she has zero integrity, she lies to everybody, and steals from her mother and best friend. God only knows what she did to her precious daughter. She's a useless narcissistic pos. Just put her in general population for one day, justice will be done.

Old 07-05-2011, 11:22 PM

8,042 posts, read 12,261,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NHartphotog View Post
Because we don't like to see the murderer of a helpless toddler walk away scot-free after lying endlessly to police, and after teaching future murderers that lying has no downside and may actually get you off!
On a personal level, I wholeheartedly agree. It angers me to no end when I hear about murderers being acquitted. A lot of times, celebrity status plays a part, as in the O.J. Simpson and Robert Blake cases. Casey Anthony didn't fit the mold because she wasn't a celebrity by any means ... not a Hollywood star, not an athlete, not a politician.

However, even with all of this considered, on a legal/justice level, the rule is if there is any shadow of a doubt, the accused must be found not guilty. Is this fair? No. Is it a blow to the criminal justice system? Absolutely. However, this is the way it has always been. A good example of the idiocy in the justice system can be found in the 1957 movie "12 Angry Men". If you haven't seen it, I highly recommend it.

Old 07-05-2011, 11:25 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,189,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MIKEETC View Post
I'm not upset.

[shrug]
Neither am i. Couldn't care less.

Don't know why people are so outraged about a case they know nothing about except through the filter of the media.

Old 07-05-2011, 11:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
I'm commenting on the media frenzy surrounding the case, and the subsequent herd mentality of a lot of people. I don't care for the facts of the case, the only thing that bothered me was that so many in the media were already declaring her guilty. You don't try cases in the media, you try it in the courtroom, in front of a judge and jury.
Ever play Clue? Part of the fun of a mystery is trying to figure out who did it. As the clues come out, we put the pieces together.
I wonder if you felt the same way about the OJ trial, Drew Peterson, Scott Peterson. I've been following CourtTV for a long time, love the drama - and you can't help but get sucked into the emotion when someone innocent is murdered. If it's not your thing, why worry about it.
Even Gloria Allred believes she's guilty - that's sayin somethin.

Old 07-05-2011, 11:28 PM

3,004 posts, read 3,885,578 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by claudhopper View Post
character defamation? who's? Surely your not talking about Casey's character - she has none, she has zero integrity, she lies to everybody, and steals from her mother and best friend. God only knows what she did to her precious daughter. She's a useless narcissistic pos. Just put her in general population for one day, justice will be done.
From your lips to God's ears. Amen.

She runs with scum because she is scum, so one can only hope that she gets a turn at being some other sociopath's victim.

Old 07-05-2011, 11:38 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,189,362 times
You guys don't know what you're talking about. You're Lazy Boy lawyers and judges. Some of you watch entirely too much CSI and Law and Order. Those are shows....this is real life. Stop getting it confused.

The verdict was turned in relatively fast, which pretty much means that the case was bunk all along. We have the jury system for a reason, and they rejected the prosecution's case. Why be angry with the mother here? Obviously, there is evidence that you didn't see and know nothing about.

Old 07-05-2011, 11:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
You guys don't know what you're talking about. You're Lazy Boy lawyers and judges. Some of you watch entirely too much CSI and Law and Order. Those are shows....this is real life. Stop getting it confused.

The verdict was turned in relatively fast, which pretty much means that the case was bunk all along. We have the jury system for a reason, and they rejected the prosecution's case. Why be angry with the mother here? Obviously, there is evidence that you didn't see and know nothing about.
Obviously you haven't been paying attention. Your opinon is worthless.

Old 07-05-2011, 11:47 PM

874 posts, read 1,648,461 times
If she ACTUALLY is guilty, then the death penalty should be used. I heard she partyed after her daughter went missing... that seems like proof to me.

I saw people on facebook posting terrible things about her... one person said if she saw her in her town, she would kill her. lol a little too crazy...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies