Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Poll Removed
0 0%
Voters: 0. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-07-2011, 09:24 PM

22,661 posts, read 24,594,911 times

Advertisements

Prosecution did not prove their case beyond a reasonable doubt. I agree with the verdict.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-07-2011, 10:05 PM

5,036 posts, read 5,137,062 times
So another juror spoke out. Says if it wasn't for the death penalty, they might have convicted her? Don't they realize the penalty phase is seperate and there were other charges other than murder 1????!!!!!!

Casey Anthony juror: If not for the death penalty, we might have convicted her « Hot Air

Old 07-07-2011, 10:33 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,940,832 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BucsLose View Post
So another juror spoke out. Says if it wasn't for the death penalty, they might have convicted her? Don't they realize the penalty phase is seperate and there were other charges other than murder 1????!!!!!!

Casey Anthony juror: If not for the death penalty, we might have convicted her « Hot Air
That question had no business in the guilt phase of the deliberations.

This is strange too;

Quote:
“If they’d charged her with other things, we probably could have convicted or, you know, got a guilty sentence, but not for death. Not for first degree.”
But...they did have other charges for the jury to consider, just for that purpose.

Old 07-07-2011, 11:43 PM

3,257 posts, read 6,127,514 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by legalsea View Post
In most jurisdictions (I do not know about Florida) jurors are not allowed to take notes.
Where on earth did you get that? I know lawyers in 4 states that just disagreed with you.

Old 07-07-2011, 11:49 PM

3,257 posts, read 6,127,514 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
Those are seriously two angry, self-righteous man-haters
Mysogynist. You should be ashamed. What a lame comment. I don't think either hate men. Strong independent women bother you obviously.

Old 07-08-2011, 03:41 AM

12,867 posts, read 14,912,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
That question had no business in the guilt phase of the deliberations.

This is strange too;

But...they did have other charges for the jury to consider, just for that purpose.
told you it was a dumb jury.

they may be dumb, but at least they were fast with their verdict.

the whole trial was just a total waste of taxpayer money.

Old 07-08-2011, 07:04 AM

12,372 posts, read 9,311,700 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by floridasandy View Post
told you it was a dumb jury.

they may be dumb, but at least they were fast with their verdict.

the whole trial was just a total waste of taxpayer money.
What's the alternative? Trials by Nancy Grace and TV from now on? If we believe in our legal system then we have to accept a verdict we don't agree with from time to time. The jury heard ever single word said in court, did you? And if they got a jury what was collectively "dumb" like you think, whose fault is that? The prosecutor had a say in picking them, just like the defense did.

Old 07-08-2011, 07:12 AM

12,867 posts, read 14,912,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayland Woman View Post
What's the alternative? Trials by Nancy Grace and TV from now on? If we believe in our legal system then we have to accept a verdict we don't agree with from time to time. The jury heard ever single word said in court, did you? And if they got a jury what was collectively "dumb" like you think, whose fault is that? The prosecutor had a say in picking them, just like the defense did.
i didn't watch nancy grace and nobody has to watch nancy grace, so that is voluntary. the trial was something we were forced to pay for.

i will agree 100% that jury selection is a lot of how a trial is going to turn out, perhaps just as important as the prosecution and defense presented. i also agree the prosecution screwed up, but that still doesn't help that a guilty woman was set free to do whatever it is her disturbed mind will tell her to do in the future.

we do have to accept the verdict, because what is done is done, but we don't have to participate in the profiteering that is surely to come right behind this verdict, by the slimeball baez, casey and her dysfunctional family, and the inept jurors. on a side note, i couldn't believe that baez said that caylee wouldn't want her mom to suffer, definitely a low moment in the trial.

we really need to stop rewarding bad behavior as a country.

Old 07-08-2011, 07:25 AM

13,053 posts, read 12,950,358 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phantasy Tokoro View Post
Because the prosecution was incompetent and there was no actual evidence against her.
I didn't follow the case much, but this is what I heard as well. You would have thought that such would have came up before they even considered taking it to trial or before they charged her.

Old 07-08-2011, 08:01 AM

18,258 posts, read 22,530,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taboo2 View Post
Mysogynist. You should be ashamed. What a lame comment. I don't think either hate men. Strong independent women bother you obviously.

Sorry to disappoint you but I AM a strong, independent woman.

What Nancy Grace does is not reflective of being a strong, independent woman....she's down right patronizing to men. That is an indication that she has issues with men in general. A strong, independent woman can hold her own in discussions/debates with men without resorting to overt condescension.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies