Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-06-2011, 05:40 AM

8,145 posts, read 6,531,599 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Backspace View Post
Nonsense, David Duke decided to explore a GOP nomination therefore everyone in the United States of America who isn't a registered Democrat is a member of the KKK with rope in their trunk and a robe in their closet.
Finally you see it my way.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-06-2011, 05:51 AM

2,031 posts, read 2,988,369 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
There was a time when the Democratic Party was the natural home for most racists. Neither party is pure on this issue, and I'm happy about that, actually. If the party elects them as their nominees, so be it. It's the general election that decides things.
Yep.

Fifty years ago.

Then came Nixon's southern strategy, and the racists like Strom Thurmond and Jesse Helms fled wholesale into the welcoming, open arms of the GOP.

As recently as 1991 the GOP was still giving gubernatorial nominations to the likes of David Duke, not to mention falling all over the uber-racist Helms.

Meanwhile buffoons like you bleat "But! But! Fifty years ago some Democrats were racist!". That's all you've got, because you know the racists have long since fled to the Republican Party.

Old 07-06-2011, 06:22 AM

40,050 posts, read 34,603,290 times
Just look at that field of contenders: Romney, Palin, Bachmann, Trump. Could anyone possibly be surprised if David Duke decides to jump in, too? I'm waiting for some bookie in Las Vegas to give odds on Rush Limbaugh being the next to declare his candidacy.

Old 07-06-2011, 06:41 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,108,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by subsound View Post
No, the burden of proof is on the claimant...it's part of the definition of the term. Asking for official poll numbers is not out of the question at any point.

My sources are already referenced at the beginning of the thread, from a well regarded and known site. Not some random website no one has ever heard of before. To ask for references and then claim in the same sentence that there are none is about as dishonest as anyone can get.

Not that I expect any less, but still I had hoped for more.
the claimant provided data to backup their claims.

Old 07-06-2011, 06:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Backspace View Post
Nonsense, David Duke decided to explore a GOP nomination therefore everyone in the United States of America who isn't a registered Democrat is a member of the KKK with rope in their trunk and a robe in their closet.
Quote:
Originally Posted by enemy country View Post
Finally you see it my way.
yep, this statement pretty much backs up my previous claim, that the Democratic Party is full of racist still in todays society

Old 07-06-2011, 06:49 AM

59,040 posts, read 27,306,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by subsound View Post
I love the reasoning that it doesn't matter if he gets the nomination, he will lose the general election. Here's a spoiler, if some one who has advocated death and violence against all those who are not white gets the one parties nomination...doesn't that say something about their base?
I don't recall the dems throwing Byrd out.

Old 07-06-2011, 07:03 AM

2,125 posts, read 1,939,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
yep, this statement pretty much backs up my previous claim, that the Democratic Party is full of racist still in todays society
Unfortunately, so is the Republican party.

Old 07-06-2011, 07:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunks_galore View Post
Unfortunately, so is the Republican party.
Still waiting for examples

Old 07-06-2011, 07:11 AM

5,528 posts, read 7,493,477 times
David Duke just wants to remove Zionist-influence in US Politics.

Old 07-06-2011, 07:11 AM

2,125 posts, read 1,939,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Still waiting for examples
Wait, you honestly believe that the Democratic party is full of racists, but the Republican party is not? That's hilariously naive, if not willfully ignorant.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies