Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-07-2011, 04:09 AM

657 posts, read 697,460 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by A_Lexus View Post
61 million of them voted for Bush's reelection.
hahaha true
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-07-2011, 06:10 AM

25,947 posts, read 24,745,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calicali01 View Post
According to Michel Bradley, who wrote the controversial book called, Iceman Inheritance: Prehistoric Sources of Western mans' Racism, Sexism and Aggression, he saysthat one of the effects of Neanderthal admixture is that white males have picked up trait of heighten aggression.

Amazon.com: Iceman Inheritance : Prehistoric Sources of Western Man's Racism, Sexism and Aggression (9781879831001): Michael Bradley: Books

Random comments taken from Michel Bradleys book:

"I first read this book nearly 10 years ago, and am still amazed at its logical explanation about the aggressive behavior of white Europeans. Since my first reading of it, I have yet to find a more plausible theory about why a small group of nomadic people subsequently known as "whites" maintain such dominance over their women and persons with color."

"THIS BOOK IS FULL OF ALOT OF INTERESTING FACTS AS WELL AS PLAUSIBLE HYPOTHESIS ON HOW THE "CAUCASOID RACE" HAS COME TO DOMINATE THE WORLD THROUGH MILITARY MIGHT, FORCE, RESOURCE RAPE, AGGRESSION AND GENOCIDE. OF COURSE MANY WILL NOT AGREE WITH THE BOOK AND MANY WILL NOT READ IT. BUT IT IS VERY INTERESTING AND IT OFFERS A PERSUASIVE ARGUMENT TO THE EUROCENTRIC BRAINWASHING AND CULTURAL GENOCIDE AGAINST MUCH OF TODAYS HUMANITY. CAUCASOIDS HAVE DOMINATED THE GLOBE FOR OVER 500 YEARS AND THIS BOOK ANSWERS MANY OF THE QUESTIONS AS TO WHY."
But are non-Africans more aggressive than Africans? Some Europeans and Asians are aggressive, others not at all. Think of all the Buddhists in Asia, seems aggression of entire peoples is more a matter of culture.
Plus, there have been genocides and wars in Africa as well.

Old 07-07-2011, 06:26 AM

2,356 posts, read 5,719,353 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by knowledgeiskey View Post
I think Neanderthals are still among us. I think it's hard to believe that humans and Neanderthals had no contact.
Genetic evidence suggests interbreeding took place with Homo sapiens (anatomically modern humans) between roughly 80,000 and 50,000 years ago in the Middle East, resulting in 1–4% of the genome of people from Eurasia having been contributed by Neanderthals.

Old 07-07-2011, 06:31 AM

2,356 posts, read 5,719,353 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neuling View Post
Yes, it's been known since last year that everyone except Africans have a certain amount of Neanderthal admixture.
The question is, what is the effect of that Therefore we would have to know how exactly they were different from modern humans.

They are said to have been more robust, heavier and sturdier. The Portuguese look relatively bulky and sturdy, and I read that the Iberian peninsula was probably the place where Neanderthals survived the longest.

We don't even know for sure yet why they died out. Only speculations and theories...
My wifes grandfather who is part Portuguese was a big guy and also an a athletic anomaly when he was a young man... he also has an IQ of around 150 so who knows...

Old 07-07-2011, 06:40 AM

25,947 posts, read 24,745,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by flycessna View Post
My wifes grandfather who is part Portuguese was a big guy and also an a athletic anomaly when he was a young man... he also has an IQ of around 150 so who knows...

New find in Portugal: Skeleton defies theories, suggests modern humans' Neandertal roots

Old 07-07-2011, 06:47 AM

2,471 posts, read 4,018,867 times
Quote:
I think Neanderthals are still among us. I think it's hard to believe that humans and Neanderthals had no contact.
it's my understanding that we raped and killed them all. Neanderthals are not still among us. Although technically they have a small presence in our gene pool due to interbreeding.

Old 07-07-2011, 07:20 AM

7,214 posts, read 9,394,916 times
I think "neanderthal" is just a term for a slightly different looking human being. National Geographic had an article a while ago that made a very compelling case for the fact that the two "species" interbred and weren't all that different.

Old 07-07-2011, 07:32 AM

31,387 posts, read 37,048,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calicali01 View Post
According to Michel Bradley, who wrote the controversial book called, Iceman Inheritance: Prehistoric Sources of Western mans' Racism, Sexism and Aggression, he saysthat one of the effects of Neanderthal admixture is that white males have picked up trait of heighten aggression.
Since the same mixture of neanderthal DNA is present in every human population outside of the African continent, Mr. Bradley needs to rethink his hypothesis.

I would also postulate that aggression is part and parcel of all modern human societies and that the concept of racism and sexism are rather modern in origin.

Old 07-07-2011, 08:31 AM

2,732 posts, read 3,585,243 times
Quote:
But are non-Africans more aggressive than Africans?

Yes. Look at who dominates other people, earth resources, and now that aggression is directed towards outer space.

Quote:
Some Europeans and Asians are aggressive, others not at all.

Think of all the Buddhists in Asia, seems aggression of entire peoples is more a matter of culture.
According to Michael Bradley, the author that I just told you about, he postulates that the less aggressive Asians and Europeans have mixed blood (ancient African ancestry).

Quote:
Plus, there have been genocides and wars in Africa as well.

Africans became more aggressive than from what they normally were in the very remote past due to the series of contacts and invasions with Asiatics (Hyksos) and Europeans.

This is very important, nobody ever talks about the ancient African way of life BEFORE contact with other racial groups.

There is no denying that Africans waged war against each other, but once again, disputes between different African tribes was heighten to inhumane level once guns and Caucasoid methods of warfare were learned.

You might also want to read this book: How Europe Underdeveloped Africa by Walter Rodney.

Amazon.com: How Europe Underdeveloped Africa (9780882580968): Walter Rodney, Vincent Harding: Books

Comment taken from Amazon book review:

"Several points are made in his argument. Among them are the arbitrary borders established by the colonial powers for their convenience, with utter disregard for the indigenous people, their histories or past animosities. (The result? Violence in places like Rwanda, for example.) Rodney also points out that with the European conquest of Africa, the vast natural resources of the continent were - and still are being - plundered, from West African oil, to South African diamonds, to minerals like bauxite and copper on the interior. With this in mind, the infrastructures the European created (roads, ports, cities, transportation and power grids) were designed exclusively for the removal of these resources in as quick and efficient manner as possible.

For me the most significant argument Rodney made, however, was the political legacy of European colonialism - that Africans, after nearly 100 years of economic exploitation and political repression (they had no say in the political dealings of their homeland, mind you), the Europeans up and left with little preparation or training for the maintenance of the economic and political infrastructure. No wonder there is so much political unrest, economic uncertainty, wide spread poverty and disease."

Old 07-07-2011, 08:35 AM

6,484 posts, read 6,617,004 times
Quote:
Of course they did. They were human.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies