Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-07-2011, 02:29 AM

9,138 posts, read 5,802,841 times

Advertisements

Oh crap!
Now we'll need a CAT scan before boarding a flight.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-07-2011, 03:50 AM

6,387 posts, read 6,368,220 times
Am I the only one here under the impression that the US Govt is either paranoid or a control-freak??
Just how far is this control-thing going to go??

If America has so many "hidden enemies," maybe it's time to learn to use diplomacy and negotiation, rather than weapons (which aren't working anyways).

Peace,
brian

Old 07-07-2011, 03:55 AM

6,387 posts, read 6,368,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sailordave View Post
Umm, El Al is Israel's airline. The flotilla incident was the IDF. the people in the flotilla attacked the IDF and they responded in self defense. El Al is a big target for Muslim terrorist. When was the last time an El Al plane was hijacked or blown up?
The flotilla attacked the IDF??!?!?!?!??

Right.

And Ghandi attacked the British army.

Peace,
brian

Old 07-07-2011, 05:01 AM

23,838 posts, read 23,121,445 times
Quote:
"...including profiling a passenger's behavior and demeanor to identify potential security risks. "
So, basically the new scan and observation method is to visually identify the Middle Eastern/African guy who's walking around like he's got a corn-cob stuffed up his ass?

That's reassuring.

Old 07-07-2011, 05:32 AM

23,173 posts, read 26,194,030 times
Supposedly the bombs require an injection to detonate.
I suppose concentrating on people carrying needles is too simplistic?

Old 07-07-2011, 05:35 AM

20,054 posts, read 18,281,090 times
Aren't you glad you were shouting "rah rah USA!" as the Stasi Act was signed and the DHS was founded?

Old 07-07-2011, 05:45 AM

37,802 posts, read 41,008,695 times
If TSA does what it does because of some policy decision from the Department of Homeland Security (the Department TSA falls under) well, that's an appointed position of the President (as is the head of TSA) so only regime change would bring about policy change...maybe.

For the next Presidential debate, suggest a question as to what the all the candidates would do about TSA procedures should they become President.

I don't fly anymore (because I don't like it, not because of TSA) so I don't have a stake in this.

Is there any "global warming" or NWO reason to try to discourage people from flying?

Edit add-on: Well, it didn't take me a second to research that one:

"The United Kingdom wants fewer people to fly and for them to pay more when they do in order to combat global warming.
According to the British newspaper The Guardian, the airline industry needs to charge more and fly less so it can cut emissions back to 2005 levels. Also airlines need to raise tens of billions of pounds (which are a lot like British dollars) to give to developing nations in order for them to cut back on green house gases."

http://www.hipstertravelguide.com/archives/969

Old 07-07-2011, 05:47 AM

40,050 posts, read 34,600,599 times
See? And people thought it was bad when they started making us take off our shoes at the airport.

Old 07-07-2011, 06:07 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,778,277 times
This supports my contention that HS and its bastard son TSA do not exist to combat terrorism but to serve as a funnel for Federal subsidies to industry. These are just another source of endless pork for campaign contributors and party hacks.

I suspect we will have another “terrorist incident” likely with several too many causalities this summer or fall to reverse the waning support of these agencies. They have to keep people frightened if the money is to keep flowing to their sponsors.

Old 07-07-2011, 07:36 AM

13,621 posts, read 12,730,207 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speleothem View Post
Oh crap!
Now we'll need a CAT scan before boarding a flight.

well you will have a choice, probe, or cat-scan,, i think most peps will go for the radiation..

i tell you the bus, train, car, truck,bicycle, walk, boat are sounding pretty good nowdays..

flying is becoming a curse word,kind of like>> pelosi<< opps sorry for cursing
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies