Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-06-2011, 04:26 PM

7,814 posts, read 6,391,086 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert_J View Post
I have 1 in the chamber, 15 in the mag and two extra mags in my left pocket. You don't have to shoot them all but when enough start dropping the rest will figure out what is going on.

These 'flash mobs' haven't made it to the Memphis area yet but I bet that we will have our first attempt at one before the summer is over. It's this very reason I added the extra mags to my every day carry list.
It will certainly be interesting to see what will happen when the first flash mob encounters someone willing to defend themselves or their property.

Old 07-06-2011, 04:36 PM

9,394 posts, read 15,691,376 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shiftymh View Post
It will certainly be interesting to see what will happen when the first flash mob encounters someone willing to defend themselves or their property.
Everyone keeps saying this but it has yet to happen. I say we start laying down some bait. The cops do it all the time for victimless crime.

Old 07-06-2011, 04:39 PM

7,814 posts, read 6,391,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HurricaneDC View Post
Everyone keeps saying this but it has yet to happen. I say we start laying down some bait. The cops do it all the time for victimless crime.
Like that show Bait Car except with a 7-11.

Old 07-06-2011, 04:44 PM

9,394 posts, read 15,691,376 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shiftymh View Post
Like that show Bait Car except with a 7-11.
And SEAL Team 6 waiting in the bushes to jump in when they start attacking the bait.

Old 07-06-2011, 04:47 PM

785 posts, read 619,251 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirdik View Post
A high unemployment rate?
So you are saying a high unemployment rate justifies this, or is a justifiable reaction?

Also, can you provide stats showing white or asian youth that are unemployed doing these same activities? For your theory to be correct, that would be present.

Please provide. Thanks.

Old 07-06-2011, 04:47 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,472,986 times
Well is there a pattern ? Like location..only cities where there are strict gun laws so they know people would NOT have weapons on them which includes store owners ?

Old 07-06-2011, 04:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinm View Post
Blacks are gettting their shots in now before Obama is booted from office and the justice department starts cracking down again.
This. They know they can get away with it. Holder and the DOJ and PD's all over the country have revealed it.

Old 07-06-2011, 04:49 PM

6,137 posts, read 4,860,984 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HurricaneDC View Post
Yeah just let loose a bunch of bait to walk around at night with white ipod headphones.

Old 07-06-2011, 04:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreedomThroughAnarchism View Post
Not really. Something which perpetrator says after the fact is not necessarily indicative of what their intent was for why they committed the crime. It could be a mere afterthought which isn't connected to the motivation.

Is it likely that it was race motivated? Perhaps. Certainly enough of that in the world that it's always likely. It's just that that specific comment said afterword doesn't directly imply motivation. It could simply be a value-neutral observation, or even a comment said in jest.

Whether the hate crime statutes see it that way, I don't know. I don't know why any statute would ever be written in such a way that it would take a comment said afterword as proof of intent. That would be a horribly written law if it were ever structured that way. Comments said after the act should simply be taken in totality with other evidence which would prove the act was racially motivated.
What a desperate argument. The comment shows how the person was viewing and treating the victim. Also, right afterward is still in the act, because of the threat of continued violence. Oddly, your theory of race hate crimes doesn't seem to be applied equally when its a white perp.

Oversight, I'm sure.

Old 07-06-2011, 04:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chalie Brown View Post
Oh, really? So I must ask, what are you doing to help bring down crime around you? Me personally, I actually lend a hand in the community to help steer at risk children away from the wrong path. What exactly is it that you do besides copy and paste YouTube videos for you and your cohorts to shake your heads at?

As a matter of fact, what are the rest of you doing to help alleviate the problems that you so keenly point out as being such a serious issue? You know what they say, if you're not part of the solution, you're part of the problem.

Or would you rather just wait until the problem reaches your neighborhood so that you can cry..what's the word? Victim?
Actually, dialogue goes a long way to help society's ills. These conversations help spread the truth. Or...do you just not like it when it goes against your (unconscious maybe?) bias.

Or maybe we should not have dialogue you don't like? A good old fashioned book burning to appease the Left?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies