Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-06-2011, 02:47 PM

29,407 posts, read 22,005,733 times

Advertisements

Looks like the sheet is about to hit the fan. They interviewed ATF director Melson without DOJ cronie lawyers and it appears he spilled the beans. It looks as though taxpayer money was used to buy guns from illegal dealers and ship to mehico and DOJ officials tried and suppress any information requests on this from getting to congress. Where is the media on this? Oh I forgot they're all running around the Anthony trial.

"The evidence we have gathered raises the disturbing possibility that the Justice Department not only allowed criminals to smuggle weapons but that taxpayer dollars from other agencies may have financed those engaging in such activities. While this is preliminary information, we must find out if there is any truth to it. According to Acting Director Melson, he became aware of this startling possibility only after the murder of Border Patrol Agent Brian Terry and the indictments of the straw purchasers, which we now know were substantially delayed by the u.s. Attorney’s Office and Main Justice."

http://grassley.senate.gov/judiciary...-interview.pdf
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-06-2011, 02:58 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,481,831 times
So they even kept Melson in the dark until the sh*t hit the fan with the Border Patrol Agent's death.

Obama seems to have lots and lots of secrets. I'm starting to think about tricky Dick Nixon right about now.

Old 07-06-2011, 05:56 PM

7,605 posts, read 4,845,391 times
Deleted because an edit messed up the whole post.

Last edited by WilliamSmyth; 07-06-2011 at 06:25 PM..

Old 07-06-2011, 05:58 PM

29,981 posts, read 42,934,013 times
red highlights mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
Looks like the sheet is about to hit the fan. They interviewed ATF director Melson without DOJ cronie lawyers and it appears he spilled the beans. It looks as though taxpayer money was used to buy guns from illegal dealers and ship to mehico and DOJ officials tried and suppress any information requests on this from getting to congress. Where is the media on this? Oh I forgot they're all running around the Anthony trial.

"The evidence we have gathered raises the disturbing possibility that the Justice Department not only allowed criminals to smuggle weapons but that taxpayer dollars from other agencies may have financed those engaging in such activities. While this is preliminary information, we must find out if there is any truth to it. According to Acting Director Melson, he became aware of this startling possibility only after the murder of Border Patrol Agent Brian Terry and the indictments of the straw purchasers, which we now know were substantially delayed by the u.s. Attorney’s Office and Main Justice."

Thanks for posting this!

Old 07-06-2011, 06:13 PM

25,619 posts, read 36,701,448 times
Good Post Chief

Old 07-06-2011, 06:19 PM

5,915 posts, read 4,813,075 times
One only can imagine how differently mainstream media would cover this story if it was a Republican in the White House.

Old 07-06-2011, 06:26 PM

7,605 posts, read 4,845,391 times
Quote:

Reading through the letter, I find it to be mostly to be a bunch partisan spin. No part more so than the following statement.

"The revelations about Operation Fast and Furious have focused intense scrutiny on the ATF. It has no doubt taken a toll on the agency and the good people who work there. Much of that damage has occurred because the Department prevented ATF from being more forthcoming and responsive to questions from Congress."

I think much of the damage to the agency occurred because they engaged in a highly dangerous investigation that resulted in the death of a Border Patrol Agent.

Old 07-06-2011, 06:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WilliamSmyth View Post
Reading through the letter, I find it to be mostly to be a bunch partisan spin. No part more so than the following statement.

"The revelations about Operation Fast and Furious have focused intense scrutiny on the ATF. It has no doubt taken a toll on the agency and the good people who work there. Much of that damage has occurred because the Department prevented ATF from being more forthcoming and responsive to questions from Congress."

I think much of the damage to the agency occurred because they engaged in a highly dangerous investigation that resulted in the death of a Border Patrol Agent.
How is it partisan spin? Have you been following this at all?

http://www.youtube.com/user/RepDarre.../6/ugJuCikM8wo

Issa Says ATF Not Cooperating With Subpoena, Threatens Contempt Proceedings | TPMMuckraker

Old 07-06-2011, 09:55 PM

29,407 posts, read 22,005,733 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
So they even kept Melson in the dark until the sh*t hit the fan with the Border Patrol Agent's death.

Obama seems to have lots and lots of secrets. I'm starting to think about tricky Dick Nixon right about now.
I think they tried to set up Melson as the fall guy and he said nope and went to Issa and Grassley and spilled the beans. Did it on the 4th when everybody was home. DOJ is complicit in covering up this entire mess that they created to keep it from going up the hill. How much did Obama know about it we will probably never know. Holder is now the fall guy unless he takes down Obama with him.

Old 07-06-2011, 10:11 PM

Quote:
I think they tried to set up Melson as the fall guy and he said nope and went to Issa and Grassley and spilled the beans. Did it on the 4th when everybody was home. DOJ is complicit in covering up this entire mess that they created to keep it from going up the hill. How much did Obama know about it we will probably never know. Holder is now the fall guy unless he takes down Obama with him.
I think knowing Obama's anti-gun history with the Joyce Foundation this article is spot on that he knew within weeks of his inaguration when the 90% lie baloon was floated as an attept to re-instate the Clinton AWB.

Gunwalker: From Obama’s Inauguration to Issa’s Report
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies