Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-07-2011, 10:08 AM

8,560 posts, read 11,211,407 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
The question should be why are the Democrats in favor of voter fraud?
Spoiler
Every Republican candidate should be asking that question.

You can't get a library card without showing ID. Think of how many times you've been asked for identification not related to driving to prove you are who you say you are. I can't cash my own check at my own bank without showing them ID which they write on the check.

And come on, students with no ID?
Because Clinton did NOT get 50% of the popular vote in either Prez election he won by electoral vote. The need those students voting twice, especially the ones crossing state lines for the purpose. ID is of no use for that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-07-2011, 10:27 AM

44,882 posts, read 33,257,166 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moth View Post
You might want to study the 1960 election then. The one where dead people voted. And you might want to familiarize yourself with some of the issues that emerged from the 2000 election; the one where people were too dumb to go to the proper polling place or push a piece of paper all the way through.

I would agree with your two examples. Seems someone should know when Election Day is though.
Those who know anything about our Constitution have to know that the election of federal officials is held on the Tuesday after the first Monday in November of even numbered years. I don't see anything so terribly hard to understand there.

If any group managed to convince a whole neighborhood that the election was to be held at a later date than what the Constitution calls for found a whole pile of people who weren't well enough educated to be voting, anyway.

Old 07-07-2011, 10:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tropolis View Post
you can get by in life without a drivers license. if you live in the city you'll never need one.

its also funny that republicans who want to be more off the grid, and are against intrusion and having to produce documents, you know, the rugged individualism, doesn't conform to what the general public has to, would be in favor of having to produce an ID.

seems to go against the mentality many on the right have of less government, yet we have to have a specific form of government ID and only that form of government ID works.
Now you have told me why people who drive in Kansas need to carry their driver's license when driving. When you are stopped, have an accident or anything like these you best have that little thing with you. Maybe the cities of Kansas don't use that law but I have never been stopped in one of them that I wasn't asked for license and registration before they said anything else.

Yep, in Kansas everybody who drives either has a picture ID or is taking a chance of a hefty fine and other things.

Old 07-07-2011, 10:38 AM

13,648 posts, read 20,769,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
Those who know anything about our Constitution have to know that the election of federal officials is held on the Tuesday after the first Monday in November of even numbered years. I don't see anything so terribly hard to understand there.

If any group managed to convince a whole neighborhood that the election was to be held at a later date than what the Constitution calls for found a whole pile of people who weren't well enough educated to be voting, anyway.
I know. Can you imagine the level of stupidity required to believe that. You could convince them Christmas comes twice and thus make them shop twice as much.

None the less, it is a sleazy move.

Old 07-07-2011, 10:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EinsteinsGhost View Post
Many? Besides, just free shouldn't be the end of it, it should be made hassle free, at least no more than registering to vote.
Using your last few words there I see that keeping dead peoples' names on the books allows somebody to vote with their names. I am sure you understand what I said but won't admit it.

Old 07-07-2011, 10:41 AM

31,767 posts, read 28,809,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
Using your last few words there I see that keeping dead peoples' names on the books allows somebody to vote with their names. I am sure you understand what I said but won't admit it.
You've got an issue with making voter registration, complete with ID, hassle-free and free? Do you also have an issue with expecting voting machines that aren't quite black boxes with absolutely no accountability to trace back to?

Old 07-07-2011, 10:44 AM

10,420 posts, read 10,824,019 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by John1960 View Post
WASHINGTON, July 6 (UPI) -- Republicans are trying to keep young people, blacks and Hispanics from voting, former U.S. President Bill Clinton said Wednesday.

In a speech to Campus Progress' annual conference in Washington, Clinton compared efforts to change voting laws to those in the South during the Jim Crow era, CNN reported.

Read more: Bill Clinton: GOP trying to limit voting - UPI.com
Bill is not thinking straight again...where is Monica when he needs her.

Old 07-07-2011, 10:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
That's how Obama got elected. Absentee vote at home, and vote again in their college towns.

The Gap even had a button campaign...

Unfortunately for Obama, the college crowd is souring on him. Besides the additional wars he's dragged us into, the college crowd saw their graduating peers go from an employment rate of 90% ...to only 56% under the Obama admin.
Yesterday in a rerun of the Glenn Beck show from last spring a group of about 50 college students, all conservative or libertarian, told some real horror stories about how they were treated on their campuses. One of them, a political columnist on the Rutgers U. campus even told about getting death threats for writing against the left. All of them admitted that they allowed themselves to be mistreated in classes by both professors and students. The students may have softened since the 2008 debacle but the profs are old progressives and they won't be changing very soon. That bunch will continue to try to organize their students to do those things they were accused of in that election.

Old 07-07-2011, 11:08 AM

3,504 posts, read 3,922,197 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moth View Post
Nor is the GOP.

In addition to ignoring the fact that with Rights come Responsibilites, you also ignore that other little technicality:

The Democrats are encouraging, assisting, and subsidizing hundreds of thousands if not millions of illegals to come here. They want them to vote for Democrats. They want them to vote for Democrats even before you grant them amnesty.

That's why you have a problem with IDs. You want to assist them with one of the greatest examples of voter fraud in history.

If the GOP tried such a feat, you would be rioting. And you would be justified.
im not a dem.

Old 07-07-2011, 11:14 AM

13,648 posts, read 20,769,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tropolis View Post
im not a dem.
Then one is left wondering why you wish to help them with this fraud.

Rights>Responsibilities
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies