Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-09-2011, 02:25 PM

3,335 posts, read 2,660,220 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 101flyboy View Post
If homophobes didn't care about being labeled homophobic they wouldn't make excuses for why they aren't homophobes.

As for discourse, common sense dictates being anti-gay is wrong. There is no "discourse" when it comes to bigotry. You think being anti-gay is a valid position. That's where you're entire argument fails.
Proverbs 14: 12
King James Bible
There is a way which seemeth right unto a man, but the end thereof are the ways of death.

Careful 'boy', So much for 'common sense?.

Old 07-09-2011, 02:33 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,268,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rlarson21 View Post
If you feel that your fellow citizens shouldn't have the same right as you than you must not LIKE them in SOME way... otherwise you wouldn't treat them like that.

Also, that means you FAIL to recognized that there ACTUALLY ARE people BORN with a different sexual orientation than you and that they have no choice in the matter.

IN other words, you don't like their difference and you have no empathy. You feel that (from your safe viewpoint of already having the right in question to marry in accordance with your orientation) that someone else shouldn't have that right.

It's almost like these people are saying that gay people are doing something wrong by being gay and there's a tinge of hostility towards them because of something the didn't choose.

Also, why are so many STRAIGHT ANTI gay people more passionate about GAY issues than GAY people are... WE are the ones that HAVE TO LIVE as a GAY PERSON! (which BELIEVE ME is NOT a choice).. Obviously people who are ANTI GAY and MORE passionate than I am about GAY ISSUES has SEVERE ISSUES since NONE Of these things EVEN AFFECTS them in ANY WAY.
I won't bother reading your post. I can tell from the title of your thread that you think I am a homophobe so I will just ride on over the hill after being branded by someone who doesn't know me.

Old 07-09-2011, 02:33 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,670,280 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cale1 View Post
If you're gay and not interested in civil rights, then stand to the side and shut the **** up and let the intellectual people of our community achieve these equal rights.

Although I'm glad you people make up about 0.00000001% of our community, it's a shame you're too ****ing stupid to see how many people this negatively effects.
Calling people stupid because they don't agree with you is a big mistake. You're not going to win many friends with that attitude.

And I'm not stupid at all. I have an independent mind, and I feel little need to follow anyone's agenda, other than my own.

Try to have some respect for the opinions of others. You sound like a radical dictator.

Old 07-09-2011, 03:21 PM

18,381 posts, read 19,020,549 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by quality guy View Post
Proverbs 14: 12
King James Bible
There is a way which seemeth right unto a man, but the end thereof are the ways of death.

Careful 'boy', So much for 'common sense?.
this is not the religious folder. take your verse there if you can't make a post using your own words

Old 07-09-2011, 03:24 PM

3,335 posts, read 2,660,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
this is not the religious folder. take your verse there if you can't make a post using your own words

I used my 'own words'....can you see?

Old 07-09-2011, 03:26 PM

18,381 posts, read 19,020,549 times
Quote:
leave the religion for the religion folder that is what it's for

Old 07-09-2011, 03:30 PM

6,137 posts, read 4,861,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
Calling people stupid because they don't agree with you is a big mistake. You're not going to win many friends with that attitude.

And I'm not stupid at all. I have an independent mind, and I feel little need to follow anyone's agenda, other than my own.

Try to have some respect for the opinions of others. You sound like a radical dictator.
Funny how he tries to say he's an intellectual and you're not, followed by a barrage of censored words, accusations of stupidity, and orders to "shut the **** up" if you don't agree with him.

Old 07-09-2011, 03:44 PM

23,416 posts, read 37,001,401 times
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
leave the religion for the religion folder that is what it's for
Yes, please leave religion out of this.

Old 07-09-2011, 03:49 PM

1,084 posts, read 1,845,934 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post

LOL--he did this on other threads. It makes him come off as extremely angry and bitter. The overemotional rants just make it seem like he isn't feeling very secure in who he is.

For the record I too don't see how someone could be against allowing individuals to get married(homosexuals). I think that homosexuals, like all other groups should be allowed to marry.

But I also don't see how calling everyone an idiot who is against it helps?

It reminds me of elementary school--the moment someone doesn't say what you like, you call them a "booboo head" or something.

Old 07-09-2011, 03:50 PM

6,137 posts, read 4,861,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunkisses87 View Post
It reminds me of elementary school--the moment someone doesn't say what you like, you call them a "booboo head" or something.
Yeah. What a poop brain.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies