Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-09-2011, 10:20 AM

15 posts, read 10,318 times

Advertisements

Just wondering

I was at Gay Pride the other day and ran into a bunch of morons picketing our parade, got into with them (while surrounded by the crowd) and literally killed each and every single argument they brought up....I mean all I could say to myself was this is too easy....but then again 100% of people (not 50%, not 80%, not 90%, not 99.9%....but 100%) of people against homosexuality (or gay marriage, or gay adoption, or gay rights) have a mental disorder; that's a fact.

So I turn to you internets :)

Can anyone here come up with a single argument against homosexuality?

Old 07-09-2011, 10:20 AM

14,917 posts, read 13,095,708 times
God says so.

Period. End of discussion. End thread.

Old 07-09-2011, 10:21 AM

I'll start with the most common one's so the thread doesn't get hijacked by repeated arguments:

"Those evil gays want to change the definition of marriage!" - Marriage is not a religious term and predates Christianity, Islam, SantaClause'ism, and every other cult. I know hard to believe, right?????

"It's unnatural!" - It's seen within nature thus fits the definition of "natural"

"buuut you can't have babies!" - Neither can old people

"AIDS! AIDS! You get AIDS!" - According to the CDC, less than 10% of MSM are responsible for HIV infections, Two-thirds are attributed to heterosexual sex, while the rest are things like intravenous drug use. Also females who have sex with females have the lowest transmission of HIV

"OH YEAH, WHAT IF EVERYONE WAS GAY WHERE YOU COM FROM MAN YOU DONT EXIST" - True, but if everyone was a woman we wouldn't exist

"LEVITICUS 18:22" - Your IQ; 18-22

"How will I explain it to my kids! omg!" - Explaining things is part of being a parent

"Gay agenda it's all an agenda I tell ya!" - There is an agenda, it's called "civil rights"

"HAHAHA yah okay so you're comparing it to black people strugle you dum!" - Discrimination is discrimination is discrimination. If you steal a watch or steal a car, you're still a thief.

"It's gross ewwww!" - Look in the mirror

I miss any?

Old 07-09-2011, 10:27 AM

9,394 posts, read 15,687,113 times
because the LAWD says so!

Old 07-09-2011, 10:28 AM

7,284 posts, read 12,920,807 times
The most obvious thing is the parts don't fit together.

Old 07-09-2011, 10:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by imcurious View Post
The most obvious thing is the parts don't fit together.
I'm sure a pedophile could certainly use this argument to justify having sex with post-pubescent children

Old 07-09-2011, 10:34 AM

5,036 posts, read 5,135,543 times
Homosexuality, whether wrong or right, I dont know. It's just not normal, it's unnatural, not really the way things are suppose to be. Personally, I view it as gross and what not.

Gay marriage shouldnt exist in my opinion. Give them civil unions and same legal rights, etc. But I think it's wrong to pretend two men/women is the same as a man and woman. Those institutions who do not believe in gay marriage should also not be forced to perform those marriages.

Old 07-09-2011, 10:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BucsLose View Post
Homosexuality, whether wrong or right, I dont know. It's just not normal, it's unnatural, not really the way things are suppose to be. Personally, I view it as gross and what not.
See Post #3 I address both these points...as not understanding what I said earlier is "unnatural" and "not normal"

Quote:
Gay marriage shouldnt exist in my opinion. Give them civil unions and same legal rights, etc. But I think it's wrong to pretend two men/women is the same as a man and woman. Those institutions who do not believe in gay marriage should also not be forced to perform those marriages.
Like I said, marriage is not a religious term

And like churches aren't forced to use common sense, they also won't be forced to "marry" gay people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
I was going to sail past this troll thread to save saying something you wouldn't want to hear but this post convinced me that the other poster was right. I wonder when this forum will be renamed "Support Gays" with all the openly gay threads on it.
I know it's crazy ain't it! It's like when people starting to "support blacks" and "support women's rights" -- like where is this country headed???

Old 07-09-2011, 10:38 AM

14,917 posts, read 13,095,708 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BucsLose View Post

Have you ever met anyone who thinks that they should?

Old 07-09-2011, 10:51 AM

15,088 posts, read 13,444,381 times
Honestly, there's nothing wrong with homosexuality. People should just get over it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies