Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-09-2011, 10:43 PM

29,407 posts, read 22,030,403 times

Advertisements

Hey if they can't pay it back we'll make sure somebody else does for ya. Yippie!

"In what could be a repeat of the easy-lending cycle that led to the housing crisis, the Justice Department has asked several banks to relax their mortgage underwriting standards and approve loans for minorities with poor credit as part of a new crackdown on alleged discrimination, according to court documents reviewed by IBD.
Prosecutions have already generated more than $20 million in loan set-asides and other subsidies from banks that have settled out of court rather than battle the federal government and risk being branded racist. An additional 60 banks are under investigation, a DOJ spokeswoman says.
No Job, No Problem
Settlements include setting aside prime-rate mortgages for low-income blacks and Hispanics with blemished credit and even counting "public assistance" as valid income in mortgage applications.
In several cases, the government has ordered bank defendants to post in all their branches and marketing materials a notice informing minority customers that they cannot be turned down for credit because they receive public aid, such as unemployment benefits, welfare payments or food stamps."

http://www.investors.com/NewsAndAnal...?id=577794&p=1
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-09-2011, 10:55 PM

6,137 posts, read 4,866,297 times
Pure insanity...

Old 07-09-2011, 10:58 PM

29,407 posts, read 22,030,403 times
I got a thing in the mail today that said I could apply for a $50K dollar FHA loan that I wouldn't have to pay back or two years of house payments whatever comes first. Of course you have to qualify. May have to quit my job for a couple years and work on the down low like the illegals do.

Old 07-09-2011, 11:08 PM

29,981 posts, read 42,968,251 times
Meanwhile Obama gave a stay of eviction for 12 months for those behind in their FHA mortgages. I think he and Barney Frank are working on a deal where the taxpayer ends up subsidizing a house for everyone who cannot afford one.

Old 07-09-2011, 11:10 PM

25,021 posts, read 27,961,338 times
Yay this just makes me want to vote for Obama again because I'm Hispanic and he wants to give me a handout

Old 07-10-2011, 12:00 AM

4,127 posts, read 5,071,099 times
So what about non minorities with lousy credit?

Kinda sounds like discrimination to me. Just sayin'.

Old 07-10-2011, 12:08 AM

6,137 posts, read 4,866,297 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe_Ryder View Post

Some races are more equal than others.

Old 07-10-2011, 12:30 AM

278 posts, read 622,376 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
Hey if they can't pay it back we'll make sure somebody else does for ya. Yippie!

"In what could be a repeat of the easy-lending cycle that led to the housing crisis, the Justice Department has asked several banks to relax their mortgage underwriting standards and approve loans for minorities with poor credit as part of a new crackdown on alleged discrimination, according to court documents reviewed by IBD.
Prosecutions have already generated more than $20 million in loan set-asides and other subsidies from banks that have settled out of court rather than battle the federal government and risk being branded racist. An additional 60 banks are under investigation, a DOJ spokeswoman says.
No Job, No Problem
Settlements include setting aside prime-rate mortgages for low-income blacks and Hispanics with blemished credit and even counting "public assistance" as valid income in mortgage applications.
In several cases, the government has ordered bank defendants to post in all their branches and marketing materials a notice informing minority customers that they cannot be turned down for credit because they receive public aid, such as unemployment benefits, welfare payments or food stamps."

Holder Launches Witch Hunt Against Biased Banks - Investors.com
I still do not know why people refer to Mexicans as a minority. They are the second largest ancestry in the U.S. (second to Germans).

Old 07-10-2011, 12:38 AM

12,669 posts, read 20,461,043 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post

No Job, No Problem

Holder Launches Witch Hunt Against Biased Banks - Investors.com
This is what Clinton did when he deregulated the Glass Steagal act. And in turn we got and get to deal with the aftermath now. So they want another go around?
It is NOT discrimination if you cannot pay back the loan. It is good business to NOT loan to them. OMG is the country not sinking fast enough for obama?

Timeline

1920-2011

Google

Bill Clinton's Role In The Mortgage Crisis
In his famous First Inaugural Roosevelt asserted
Practices of the unscrupulous money changers stand indicted in the court of public opinion, rejected by the hearts and minds of men.

Clinton not only repealed the act Roosevelt had put in place to curb those practices, but presented one of the pens used to sign it to one of those "money changers."
As Congress continues to investigate the mortgage crisis, more people are wondering whether the repeal of Glass-Steagall was a mistake.
Progressive Historians: History For Our Future

Clinton Says Don't Blame Him for the Economic Crisis
Given the sweep and severity of today's global economic crisis, it would seem there's plenty of blame to go around. But Bill Clinton doesn't think any of it should fall on his shoulders

Read more: Clinton Says Don't Blame Him for the Economic Crisis - TIME

Last edited by Miborn; 07-10-2011 at 12:52 AM..

Old 07-10-2011, 12:40 AM

12,669 posts, read 20,461,043 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe_Ryder View Post

Well it is but that dont count! They just have to rent and be quiet about it!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies