Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-15-2011, 01:12 PM

29,939 posts, read 39,464,356 times

Advertisements

They don't even know why they hate him. They're all rinse and repeat liberals.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-15-2011, 01:17 PM

9,879 posts, read 8,018,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegas Joe View Post
I think we need to find some way of honoring President Reagan.

Anybody with any ideas?
We should all get picket fences and paint them white

Old 07-15-2011, 01:37 PM

12,436 posts, read 11,948,683 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegas Joe View Post
I think we need to find some way of honoring President Reagan. As time goes by it seems that more and more we are forgetting this great President and great American who did so much for all of us. I would argue that he was the best President in modern times and the 3rd best ever with only Washington and Lincoln being ahead. I really would like for the country to find a way to remember him. I am not really much on holidays because I think they are just a way to give lazy people an excuse to be lazy people. Especially government employees. But I think we need to come up with some way of celebrating this man and his life maybe on his birthday of Feb 6. Anybody with any ideas? I came up with an idea for all the major TV networks to set aside that day for a combination Reagan remembrance and an Alzheimer telethon. Even just a few hours for people to remember him and donate to this cause would be nice.

Just doing my part in Reagan's memory.

‪Toilet Flush Sound Effect - SFXsource.com‬‏ - YouTube

Old 07-15-2011, 01:51 PM

68,329 posts, read 54,389,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJon3475 View Post
They don't even know why they hate him. They're all rinse and repeat liberals.
Well, you're wrong, I don't hate him, he's not worth the energy.

I do think he's right at the top of the list of overrated presidents, I believe at best he was average. And I thought the 'bloodpath' comment he made about a month prior to Kent State was entirely inappropriate for a Governor and perfectly demonstrates that he was not the kindly, avuncular man he's usually portrayed as. And for a man who alleged government was the problem, it sure grew enough during his tenure, with that in mind I guess we'd have to say he increased America's problems, eh?

Old 07-15-2011, 02:52 PM

2,417 posts, read 3,562,426 times
how to remember and celebrate it?

multiple tax raises on the middle class

amnesty for millions of illegal immigrants

more than tripling the national debt

how's that for starters?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies